Study Discussion (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: study time

marcquelle said:
yeah 75 is what i need for ANU
but for harvard 94 (yes harvard in america)
lol?

only 94 for Harvard? I don't think so. Harvard is like the top university...you probably need some high but it may depend on the course you are interested in..so I am not sure. What course are you aiming for then?

Numbers

Banned
HSC

lyounamu said:
lol?

only 94 for Harvard? I don't think so. Harvard is like the top university...you probably need some high but it may depend on the course you are interested in..so I am not sure. What course are you aiming for then?
Namu, sorry to say this to you, but you are a very arrogant person. Don't ask me why I think this, it's just something about your posts that shouts arrogance.

Also, entrance to Harvard is more than just a UAI Namu. It's also about extracurricular activities, references, character, stature, etc, and you've also got to sit a test before you are admitted to Harvard.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

Numbers said:
Namu, sorry to say this to you, but you are a very arrogant person. Don't ask me why I think this, it's just something about your posts that shouts arrogance.

Also, entrance to Harvard is more than just a UAI Namu. It's also about extracurricular activities, references, character, stature, etc, and you've also got to sit a test before you are admitted to Harvard.
Isn't that with all international universities, I mean I don't think any university overseas will accept your UAI, only the IB (if your school offers it).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Numbers said:
In relation to his brains vs his boasting, Lyounamu would probably be one of the lowest people on that list. He doesn't seem very boastful to me at all. :p

Numbers said:
Correct. You might have to also an International Baccalaureate. (sp?)

H4rdc0r3

HSC

Aerath said:
In relation to his brains vs his boasting, Lyounamu would probably be one of the lowest people on that list. He doesn't seem very boastful to me at all. :p
He's a twat.

megadza

HSC

Hey,
I have trouble with study time too ... any ideas??

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

lyounamu said:
lol?

I have had correspondance with Harvard, they said the equivalent UAI i need is 94 minimum, i need to sit the MSTAT test, complete 4U English, any 2Us of Maths, 4U of science, Food Technology. For Anthropology Majoring in Forensic and Biological combined with Law.

Aerath said:
You might have to also an International Baccalaureate. (sp?)
Numbers said:
They also said that i will require an International Baccalaureate if i get lower then the minimum UAI, i also have to have extracurricular activities, references and character references, and FINALLY DETERMINATION & DEDICATION they have already said that i have shown these and character references.

SimonLee13

HSC

H4rdc0r3 said:
He's a twat.
In defence of lyounamu - This guy is the biggest (lol) twat ever.

Btw to
Marcquelle, if you study 32 hours a week, you should get a lot higher than 75. At least 95?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

SimonLee13 said:

Btw to
Marcquelle, if you study 32 hours a week, you should get a lot higher than 75. At least 95?
Exactly what I was thinking :).

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

SimonLee13 said:

Btw to
Yeah Marcquelle, I think the rate you're going - you'll get 90+ easily. Just gotta be careful with your 'low scaling' subjects and you'll be fine :)

tau281290

HSC

LoL what kind of guidelines are these 2 hrs per unit? That's like nothing. So if you do 10 Units, that's only 20 hours a week, which means less than 3 hrs a day. Woot.

I advice against following that guideline. Just do enough so u can finish all the past papers including those 1990s/80s for maths. Then you will be fine =D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

SimonLee13 said:

Btw to
I get your pun, lol. I was laughing a lot actually.

But yeah, I might be arrogant. I don't deny that but it's not very intentional and like everyone, I do have a time where I go too "high". But I seriously don't know how I sounded arrogant from that post.

My apology if I showed off my non-existent intelligence to fellow BoSers who certainly possess higher degree of intelligence than I do.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

lyounamu said:
I get your pun, lol. I was laughing a lot actually.
Haha, how come you know how tall Simoh (H4rdc0r3) is? :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Aerath said:
Haha, how come you know how tall Simoh (H4rdc0r3) is? :p
SimonLee13 talked about it on other thread and I remember responding that by saying high small to volume ratio = more efficient of transport of materials & less consumption of materials...lol

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

tau281290 said:
LoL what kind of guidelines are these 2 hrs per unit? That's like nothing. So if you do 10 Units, that's only 20 hours a week, which means less than 3 hrs a day. Woot.

I advice against following that guideline.
Just do enough so u can finish all the past papers including those 1990s/80s for maths. Then you will be fine =D
I don't think there should be a set amount of time you study - I'm planning to just study as long as I need to get all the work done and understand the concepts I need to understand.

namburger

Noob Member
HSC

the-derivative said:
I don't think there should be a set amount of time you study - I'm planning to just study as long as I need to get all the work done and understand the concepts I need to understand.
I agree that is the most effective way of studying. A student from my school did not follow a timetable but instead just had goals for each day and this got her 100 uai.

And marcquelle, you're working to hard to achieve 75 uai..

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

namburger said:
I agree that is the most effective way of studying. A student from my school did not follow a timetable but instead just had goals for each day and this got her 100 uai.

And marcquelle, you're working to hard to achieve 75 uai..
Yeah - because the amount of work you need to do will vary with the current situation - therefore you'll have to work harder than other days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)