• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

student teachers at the most inappropriate times (1 Viewer)

The Hippy

HSC
They've thrown this student teacher at us for chemistry( for 1 whole term). We are behind a module ,she cant teach, no1 understands what shes saying. why does this happen at such inconvenient times? Shes so reluctant to help us learn anything. Our entire chemistry class is doomed. Does this crap happen to anyone else here? aaarrrrggghhhhhh.......I hate student teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
The Hippy said:
They've thrown this student teacher at us for chemistry( for 1 whole term). We are behind a module ,she cant teach, no1 understands what shes saying. why does this happen at such inconvenient times? Shes so reluctant to help us learn anything. Our entire chemistry class is doomed. Does this crap happen to anyone else here? aaarrrrggghhhhhh.......I hate student teachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it could be worse

The Hippy

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
it could be worse
if it gets any worse i'll hang myself. i feel like a guinea pig! why do they have to gain their experience at our expense? its just not fair. give the student teachers to the 7th graders.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
we had one for food tech last term, she was ok, but i have a teaching style that i prefer which invovles, writing, textook, discussion, some photocopies more writing. This is what most of my teachers do so i'm use to it and prefer it.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
It's year 11, don't worry =P

Our maths teacher left us, and we're left behind with a substitute to teach us one of the most challenging topics in the 3 unit course: Binomial probability.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
(hugs).

Now get over it. Self-teach silly.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
i self taught all the way through junior school. not cos i had bad teachers but cos i never went to class. haha

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Learn it yourself. Or ask her what you don't get.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
All you really need to be taught in Chemistry anyway is the stuff about moles.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
yeh, i think student teachers should only take lower years until they get some experience and prove they are good enough to take higher years. so i think that the original poster is a bit unlucky.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
kaz1 said:
All you really need to be taught in Chemistry anyway is the stuff about moles.
lol! oh yeah i remember learning about moles in year 11 with my teacher. all i can tell you about him is that he is polish and likes meatloaf. he didn't teach me all that well... or maybe i just hated chem. so glad i dropped it.

HSC
me121 said:
yeh, i think student teachers should only take lower years until they get some experience and prove they are good enough to take higher years. so i think that the original poster is a bit unlucky.
I agree, I have only seen student teachers at my school teaching Year 10 and below. This is, I think, how it should be.

Although, we had a student teacher in English earlier in the year (only for about 2 weeks though), and although she was an inexperienced teacher, she had some perspectives on the text that no one, not even our teacher, had considered. So I suppose there are some good experiences.

untitled....

HSC
Just found out that our Modern History class is having a student teacher for the next couple of weeks- couldn't be happier seeing as my curent teacher has majorly flawed teaching methods.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
In Year 9, my maths teacher made me teach the class.

5233andy

HSC
Could it really be worse? Could it? My class had a student teacher earlier on this year. He managed to teacher far better than our regular teacher.

I've just about had it with my teacher :mad:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
5233andy said:
Could it really be worse? Could it? My class had a student teacher earlier on this year. He managed to teacher far better than our regular teacher.
Hahaha. :p

HSC
The Hippy said:
we had a student teacher for HSC biology. no one in our entire class knows anything about the syllabus points she 'taught'. consider yourself lucky that it's just prelim, not your HSC.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
humglish said:
It's year 11. Don't worry. You won't need most of the year 11 course for year 12. But as someone else said, try to learn moles.

Also,
ppm, molar volume (is that in prelim, I forget), and the IUPAC naming system

This isn't too difficult. You'll be fine.
you know, some people actually go to school because they want to learn. you may not need it for year 12, but that doesn't mean people don't want to learn it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)