Stressss!! (1 Viewer)

jblack01

HSC
Is there alot of people out there who stress a lot due to the fear of next achieving results they want for the HSC?

Coz i do a lot lol.

If i don't get over 91 I don't know what i'll do.

jblack01

HSC
haha yeh i will but yeh do u guys get stressed about the possibility of not getting what you need?

kcqn93

HSC
Everyone stressed about it... well most people, i know i do.

You'll feel less stress if you just get all your work done and be full prepared for the next assessment. To me, stress is like guilt for procrastinating.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I'm pretty sick of people posting their "oMG i am liek gna fael my HSC n i em soe stressd!" threads.

You need to get your head around what the HSC is. It is simply practice, good note making (that your teachers can help with anyway) and revision of those notes. Anyone, regardless of natural ability, can get a 95+ ATAR.

I want a 97+. I doubt I'm going to get it due to my current internal marks. This does not mean that my life will end in mid December when I get my ATAR result underneath 97.

Alternatively, you could just quit school. The HSC is not the most stressful thing you'll have to deal with in your life and there won't be about 30,000 other people doing it along side you.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Is there alot of people out there who stress a lot due to the fear of next achieving results they want for the HSC?

Coz i do a lot lol.

If i don't get over 91 I don't know what i'll do.
I stressed a lot. Like, a LOT. But if you don't channel that stress into motivation then it's a completely useless emotion. I really wish I'd given myself a break, especially around this time last year. Everyone will feel the pressure come October, that's just to be expected. In May, though, you really need to calm down.

Probably the best thing you can do to get over it is to work out alternate routes of entry into your chosen degree. You say you need 91+? Okay, but you can always transfer, enter as a graduate, look at bonus point options or take a late round offer if you don't get the ATAR you want.

I have friends who completely and utterly tanked in their exams, got awful ATARs and had their second and third options fall in at the last minute. Then a new opportunity opened up and they're doing what they wanted to do despite not actually getting any of the "required" ATARs.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Probably the best thing you can do to get over it is to work out alternate routes of entry into your chosen degree. You say you need 91+? Okay, but you can always transfer, enter as a graduate, look at bonus point options or take a late round offer if you don't get the ATAR you want.
yeah! that's what i do everytime i feel stressed. i think about all the other options i have and and the very lowest atar i need in order to get into one of those options. and usually, that atar is really low, a lot lower than how i'm currently doing and it makes me feel good :) because then i can think "whooo, i'm doing like 238743 times better than i need to be doing!" and yeah :) it helps ^^

Kralex

HSC
Don't stress too much cause UWS got yo back lol

bored of sc

HSC
If you're stressed, de-stress. Clear your mind of all school work-related things. Stop studying/doing homework for a while (unless you absolutely need to) and rejuvenate your mind. Otherwise you'll simply burn out.

Spend the weekend relaxing and DON'T do any school work. Then on Monday return to your study.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
i control my stress because i know i have a way out. i have a revolver with one bullet and a 50 year old scotch in a safety deposit box waiting for me whenever i need it.

pman

Banned
HSC
I had several breakdowns during the HSC year which isn't abnormal (apparently the average is 8, source: My principle).....everyone gets stressed at some point and despite what they say, uni has almost as much stress at times...at 8pm yesterday, my resting heart rate was 12bpm lower than 8 hours before...the cause, i was no longer stressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)