Steve Irwin dead (1 Viewer)

Jiga

--- RIP STEVE IRWIN ---

I'm just guessing they did as the reports say it was during filming, and based on Mr. Irwin's adamancy that the camera's always be rolling in other documentaries he has conducted.
Yeah their is footage of his death... it shows him being stung, pulling the barb out, and then collapsing :(

It would be contrary to the wishes of Mr. Irwin to have the stingray exterminated - does anyone know what is to happen of it?
No it was not.

dora_18

HSC
It would be contrary to the wishes of Mr. Irwin to have the stingray exterminated - does anyone know what is to happen of it?
what good would it do if the bullray was killed? the animal was just being an animal-reacting when potentially threatened. It just happened that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time....He wouldn't have wanted for anyone to kill it anyway....

Jiga

They would have never even considered killing it for any reason.... at the end of the day it was kinda his own fault, from what Ive read the set up was a camera man was directly in front of the ray, while Irwin came from behind... all whilst in shallow water. This is asking for trouble, they essentially cornered the animal... any creature would react violently in such circumstances. Unfortunately for Irwin, on land he may have moved quickly to avoid injury/death in the past, but under water you have no chance. And then of all places he was hit in the chest, any other area and he more than likely would have survived.... so lucky :(

Last edited by a moderator:

otay

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
They would have never even considered killing it for any reason.... at the end of the day it was kinda his own fault, from what Ive read the set up was a camera man was directly in front of the ray, while Irwin came from behind... all whilst in shallow water. This is asking for trouble, they essentially cornered the animal... any creature would react violently in such circumstances. Unfortunately for Irwin, on land he may have moved quickly to avoid injury/death in the past, but under water you have no chance. And then of all places he was hit in the chest, any other area and he more than likely would have survived.... so lucky :(
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/irwin-didnt-intimidate-stingray/2006/09/05/1157222098946.html

I heard this on the radio too, it says those who saw the video said he didn't provoke it.

It's really distressing to see some articles in papers and on the net (especially that one from The Guardian in the UK) claiming he was a nuisance just out for money. I think they are disgraceful human beings.

dora_18

HSC
He wasn't provoking it, he was doing what he always does...and animals are just animals and sometimes they snap when they think they may be threatened. You don't have to provoke it for that to happen...my cat randomly comes up to me every morning and bites my ankles- why? i dont know...

It's really distressing to see some articles in papers and on the net (especially that one from The Guardian in the UK) claiming he was a nuisance just out for money. I think they are disgraceful human beings.
thats totaly uncalled for.

davidw89

HSC
:(

Stingray ->:torch::torch::torch::torch::torch::torch:

Dwight

HSC
RIP mate

Only now is he getting the recognition he deserved in life.

Jiga

Just to clarify.... I wasnt saying he provoked it, Im saying that by having a camera man ahead of the ray, Irwin coming from behind, all in shallow water.... it was kinda inevitable that the Ray would feel threatened. Then it comes down to fight or flight.... this particular Ray chose fight and it was soooo unfortunate that it struck him where it did.

Jiga

Schoolies, I just read the entire interview which a part of is cropped in your signature. It's great.
Yeah I read the transcript and watched it on ABC.

Everyone I know has been prity devastated, like even my mum.... people who like myself wouldnt regard themselves as fans of his shows (like I watched it occasionally but I didnt go out of my way) feeling the loss because he was just a top bloke, down to earth, said it how it is.... even with all his global success. Such a loss to the world and to Australia :(

RTTTYTR

HSC
Eerie thing was that he said that if he died, it would be in the ocean, cause he was so agile on the land. Its a sad time for the family and Australia, he was such a larger than life character.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
As sad as it is, did anyone else have to endure lame Steve Irwin jokes for the rest of the day??
I know i got about half an hour's worth just from my mum (being the sensitive person she is, and all)

smithyCL

HSC
I was stunned when i heard this news as steve irwin was such a legend he should have been prime minister, instead of john howard. He sucks.

zeek

HSC
WTF OMFG STUPID FEMINISTS!!!!! gosh that germaine greer biatch has some bloody issues... too much sad in her vagina....

how retarded do you have to be to come on an a current affairs program and bag out some guy thats jst died

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)