Steve Irwin dead (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I feel sorry for the guy, but I do think on occasion he spread the wrong message about dangerous animals and maybe this will be a way of fixing that mistake. Crocodiles, snakes, lions and alas sting-rays are not things that should be toyed around with.

Anyway, bye.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Rest in peace Steve Irwin 1962-2006

He does have a dangerous job and is vulnerable. He got killed by a sting ray not a croc. I feel sorry for his wife and kids in particular that cute girl (the voice of Australia Zoo ad)

It goes to show that even the most experienced are prone to dangers of the waters off the coast of QLD.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Man I thought Steve Irwin was invincible.

But yeah, like people have said, at least he spent his life doing what he loved, and he'll be remembered for it.

Sad that he left a young family behind, though.
:(

pemby

HSC
I always knew he was going t slip sooner or later but its sad never the less\

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
scarybunny said:
Man I thought Steve Irwin was invincible.

But yeah, like people have said, at least he spent his life doing what he loved, and he'll be remembered for it.

Sad that he left a young family behind, though.
:(
seconded.

it wasnt as if he died the way everyone assumed he would though.... it wasnt a croc or anything :O just some freak stingray accident... oh man :(

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Yeh, im sure this guy has survived a million bites from snakes, spiders and crocodiles..Being a zoologist is dangerous no matter how experienced.. Farewell, rest in peace.

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
i can't believe he died! :( i never was a big fan or anything, but noone probably expected him to die in the Great Barrier Reef while he used to be out there restling crocodiles!

yeah, and such a young family! :(

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
"If something ever happens to me, people are gonna be like 'we knew a croc would get him!'" - Steve Irwin.
Nevertheless, he still died doing something he loved.

He [Steve Irwin] tells his camera crew to always be filming. If he needs help, he will ask for it. Even if he is eaten by a shark or croc, the main thing he wants is that it be filmed. If he died, he would be sad if no one got it on tape.
Well they got it on tape, so that's another wish of his come true...

But in all sincerity, sympathies to the family and may he Rest In Peace.

Last edited:

a_s_h_y

HSC
you guys disgust me!
have some courtesy do the recently departed!
shame.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I am so shocked. I spent the day browsing SMH at uni in the morning and came home and saw this :( I can't believe it.

I was just reading a Father's Day article in a magazine about Steve Irwin and his daughter Bindi last night :( :(

HSC
JaredR said:
Nevertheless, he still died doing something he loved.

Well they got it on tape, so that's another wish of his come true...

But in all sincerity, sympathies to the family and may he Rest In Peace.
are you serious? they got it on tape?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
are you serious? they got it on tape?
That's an unsubstantiated claim, I'm just guessing they did as the reports say it was during filming, and based on Mr. Irwin's adamancy that the camera's always be rolling in other documentaries he has conducted.

Last edited:

xoxo

HSC
i really feel sorry for his family...apparantly they couldnt contact his wife as she was trecking or something through Tasmania....imagine the whole of Australia knowing your husband died before you did....awful :(

it was all over our school in like 5 minutes....i didnt belive it at first...its just such a random thing...so unreal coz its like wat he does...though i guess any job comes with its risks

very sad though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)