Steve Irwin dead (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The insult has to be tailored to the person of course, but I do think that such insults being used does somewhat reveal people's true feelings.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
yeh Zoe, i agree with you there, but I found the conclusion a bit sensational.

and Capt. ghey thats also true.

and i agree with not that bright aswell (referring to your second last post in particular)

........ sounds like im being all saccarine lol

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ennaybur said:
yeh Zoe, i agree with you there, but I found the conclusion a bit sensational.

and Capt. ghey thats also true.

and i agree with not that bright aswell

........ sounds like im being all saccarine lol
Shut up you fucking harlot.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
haha leave me alone
im going to bed now

im tired -> hence the hallucinagenic agreeingness

ill stop before i make too much of a fool of myself

goodnite

Last edited:

arrested development
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
So they would have called him something else.

For instance, well, I might call you an anorexic slut, well, it wouldn't make sense if I called brogan that, would it? And really, what isn't sexually creepy about pederastry?
but do you think that if a male had said what germaine said journalists would react by writing about, oh i don't know, him having a small penis or something? i really do not think there would be such a gender-specific attack if it had, indeed, been a male.

the thing is, the general tone of the public seems to suggest that germaine is simply a bitter, lonely, old, childless woman and that's the only reason why she says anything at all; that her opinion holds no weight and is completely invalid.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
It's actually more like, the only reason she said anything at all was because:
- He was male, heterosexual
- Had a family and considered it important
- Was popular
- Was successful
- Was respected by the public
- 3 to 5, but not an academic
Which is really enough for anyone to be hated by her types.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
not even a week had passed and the vultures came circling. It would have been nice if greer had allowed Steves kids to mourn in peace and say goodbye to their dad at his funeral...instead it was overshadowed with doubt...i am sure those kids dont really want to be thinking that it was their daddys fault he is dead, and that he aurally attacked animals, and jumped around yelling like an idiot.

I can understand her views, no matter how much i dissagree with them she had a right to say what she did. What i cant agree with is blasting the deceased so quickly.

iwannarock

HSC
its funny,

this was being discussed in my law tutorial. my tutor had the newspaper clipping.

and this one person in my class was like "oh i hate germaine greer she has said such awful things".

then my tutor was like "i studed with germaine at cambridge, she's a very intelligent woman and i consider her a good friend.......it offends me that you say you hate her".

O SNAP!

tutor went on for a good 10mins about how you shouldn't hate people you don't know.

Jiga

No, i think you misunderstand. It's not that people are generally angry just because she's woman, but the fact that she is a woman who represents feminist ideals and academia has resulted in a very obviously misogynistic sentiment throughout the comments of those who have lashed out at her.
No it has nothing to do with that.... I like most other people read that article not knowing the author... and then I didnt even know who she was when I did see her name (Same for 90% of the people I kno)!!!! Futhermore, I havent seen any difference between female and male views of her, so why the hell would women be having a go at her as well because she represents ther ideals etc? Not to mention that a male author has generated an article supporting her, and I like many others have strongly disagreed with him as well. Im afraid your attempt to turn this into a feminist argument isnt going to work... any continuation should really be done so in a new thread relating to feminism.

Haha, dats one ugly croc

Last edited by a moderator:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
and then I didnt even know who she was when I did see her name (Same for 90% of the people I kno)!!!!
Yea, that's a real good thing to be admitting. Probably one of the most famous Australian born accademics and you've never even heard of her.

Jiga

Yea, that's a real good thing to be admitting. Probably one of the most famous Australian born accademics and you've never even heard of her.
Yeah you hit the nail on the head.... Australian born... thats the extent of it. I dont think many people I know knew exactly who she was either... knew who Steve Irwin was though... thats how insignificant Germaine Greer is when she isnt stirring the pot.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Maybe you don't know many people either? Germaine Greer isn't an insignificant person, you're just measuring wealth not on what ideas/achievements they brought to the world but by how many people knew them, how much 'star status' they had. You and all your friends should have known who she was before last week, do you not watch... say the history channel? Or read the things they hand out to you in uni? school? I imagine anyone who has looked at a feminist perspective of any topic, would have heard of Germaine Greer. It has nothing to do with her 'insignificance' that you and your friends have never heard of her, but alot more to do with your own.

Jiga

Maybe you don't know many people either?
Lol

Germaine Greer isn't an insignificant person, you're just measuring wealth not on what ideas/achievements they brought to the world but by how many people knew them, how much 'star status' they had
Maybe so... but I still see Irwins contributions to the environment > Greers contribution to this world.

do you not watch... say the history channel?
Dont watch it... and wouldnt watch it if Greer was on.

Or read the things they hand out to you in uni?
Im doing accounting, not arts.

Never did any subjects that needed to deal with feminism etc

I imagine anyone who has looked at a feminist perspective of any topic, would have heard of Germaine Greer.
MOST people dont have a 'feminist perspective' in their topics

It has nothing to do with her 'insignificance' that you and your friends have never heard of her, but alot more to do with your own.
Because I dont know of some washed up academic who does nothing but stir the pot these days Im insignificant? Lol. Maybe I am, but not for those reasons! I would say it makes her prity insignificant in todays world, unless of course you measure signficance by how much someone can shit the world off?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
It's actually more like, the only reason she said anything at all was because:
- He was male, heterosexual
- Had a family and considered it important
- Was popular
- Was successful
- Was respected by the public
- 3 to 5, but not an academic
Which is really enough for anyone to be hated by her types.
Am I right or what? Obviously GG gets the most attention, but her comrades

Tracee and Alan Ramsey join in, and why don't they throw in some more generalised Australia hating while they're at it? We're all racist anyway.

otay

HSC
bshoc said:
More like, how dare she mock someone with family and children so soon after his death, if you think you evoking feminism permits you to spit your hateful crap and get away with saying stuff other people wouldn't, you're wrong. Ever notice thats all that feminsts do? Whine at totaly inapropriate times or scream patriarchy when some dumb bimbo gets fired because she's stupid - its the most stupid ideology ever, nobody holds women back these days (except muslims, but feminists prefer to attack white males because they're assholes) and the only objectification of women is created mostly by women themselves when you try and outdo the other girl, nobody owes women anything extra, not men, not taxpayers etc. If a black woman like Condi Rice or Thatcher can make it to the top, then the barrier is imaginary. Why is it that my university has a womens department and no equivilant one for men? Why is it that so much more money is sunk into womens health then mens health even though men pay the majority of tax, and have a lower life expectancy? Why is it that 9/10 of homeless people are male? Why is it that so many jobs offer backdoors and preferential hiring to women only, even though for all purposes there are many men who are smarter and more suited to the job? Becuase feminist is a hypocritical advocacy of preferential (not equal) treatment of women.
Mate I have disagreed with you A LOT in other threads, but on this one you are 100% correct! I mean the whole feminist issue aside (which I agree with you on too), that first part of the first sentence is pretty much it with this soulless person. The dude had a fucking family, it's just disgraceful! Good to see some surfers today giving him a memorial service up in Qld. It really shows how much he did mean to many (I said many not ALL so don't any1 bother to give me crap about it like Germain Greer) common folk in Qld, Australia and the world for that matter

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)