• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

staying awake (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
airie said:
At least you guys actually fall asleep when you want to, right? For some reason I feel really tired in afternoons, but when night comes, I'm wide awake. @.@ I might have that thing called insomnia, or something. It's not even like I'm stressing about anything :mad1:
I have pretty much the same problem. Solution? Sleep a couple of hours in the arvo :) Works for me :p

Abbey88

HSC
ugh.. i think i have that same problem..

im tired during the day and every more tired when i get home but as soon as i get to bed at like 12:30-ish, im WIDE awake and i usually dont fall asleep until 3:30 - 4am... its crazy and every one of my friends think im weird but thats how it is..

here was me thinking i was the only one with sleeping problems..

bler.. doc. app. tomorow or.. today.. so i'll ask her.. hehe time to go.. gotta go to bed and TRY TO sleep... :bomb:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
but today I went over the limits and slept for 5 hours (after school).
didn't get much work done :(
That's the problem for me. Not helped by the fact that my parnts often wake me up after just one or two hours for dinner. Then you get this dizzy feeling in your head so that you can't do work, but can't get to sleep easily either since you just had some. Bleh :S

HSC
airie said:
That's the problem for me. Not helped by the fact that my parnts often wake me up after just one or two hours for dinner. Then you get this dizzy feeling in your head so that you can't do work, but can't get to sleep easily either since you just had some. Bleh :S

I have that problem too! Do you think its the HSC or are we just a sleep starved, insomniac generation?

I barely stay awake in the afternoons, I actually sat on the oval(no one is ever on the oval at my school, I don't know why) in my free period in the sun because I was freezing and I fell asleep...and my ext1 teacher sent another teacher out to check on me becauase from her classroom she could see me and she thought I was some kid that was injured on the oval (I'm rather short) :) so that was a little embarassing...although I have thursday and friday of because I just finished my trials so I can catch up on my sleep.

....Tha guy who suggested Red Bull...where can you get that stuff? Like, just in Coles or whatever?

Last edited:

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
ElendilPeredhil said:
I have that problem too! Do you think its the HSC or are we just a sleep starved, insomniac generation?

I barely stay awake in the afternoons, I actually sat on the oval(no one is ever on the oval at my school, I don't know why) in my free period in the sun because I was freezing and I fell asleep...and my ext1 teacher sent another teacher out to check on me becauase from her classroom she could see me and she thought I was some kid that was injured on the oval (I'm rather short) :) so that was a little embarassing...although I have thursday and friday of because I just finished my trials so I can catch up on my sleep.

....Tha guy who suggested Red Bull...where can you get that stuff? Like, just in Coles or whatever?
I used to use a few methods in studying patterns vs sleepiness
  1. I used to sleep through nearly all of my morning subjects, so its best to drink some redbull or prefferably V before you enter those classes when the teachers naggs at you (some teachers were more understandable)
  2. I tried something radical. I went home from school, slept from 4 to 11 or 12 (around 7-8hrs) then woke up and studied till school time wich will give u around 8 hrs studying without interuption or good Tv shows to barge into ur study!
  3. try taking off your jacket, piching the flesh between your lip and nose, shake your head and go brrr, ask the teacher if you can go to the toilet or take a sip of water
Take it from the exeperienced!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Jessica_00 said:
  1. I tried something radical. I went home from school, slept from 4 to 11 or 12 (around 7-8hrs) then woke up and studied till school time wich will give u around 8 hrs studying without interuption or good Tv shows to barge into ur study!
Take it from the exeperienced!
I would do that if I were living alone :p But, as you know, parents come home and wake me up two hours later for dinner, and my mum practically SETS AN ALARM CLOCK at 11pm to check if I'm asleep x.x Geezers. And she blames me for her lack of sleep :mad1:

Abbey88

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:

yeh, you can buy it in four packs.. i live on red bull!!! LOL:)

x.glam

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yes yes i have a major problem with staying awake throughout the day ! i don't want this, but i can't help it. i get so tired in classes (unless i participate a lot or if the subject is interesting) and by the time i get home i'm literally dead ><" any suggestions of how i can stay awake and are any of you feeling the same? bah its not good ! = __ = and yes my sleeping patterns are kinda fcked but there IMPROVING. and no caffine doesn't work for me ! lol
try berocca *shh*:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)