• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

staying awake (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
yes yes i have a major problem with staying awake throughout the day ! i don't want this, but i can't help it. i get so tired in classes (unless i participate a lot or if the subject is interesting) and by the time i get home i'm literally dead ><" any suggestions of how i can stay awake and are any of you feeling the same? bah its not good ! = __ = and yes my sleeping patterns are kinda fcked but there IMPROVING. and no caffine doesn't work for me ! lol

Last edited:

LostAuzzie

HSC
I was the opposite, couldnt sleep half the time. Anyways I'd suggest maybe trying to participate more in classes since that seems to keep you awake, or go to bed earlier.
And also, what are your sleeping patterns?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Sleep early (10:00 pm) and drink lots of water. Make sure you get up early enough to eat slowly and sufficiently in the morning, because a lot of people feel more tired during the day if they skip breakfast.

It's not healthy to rely on caffeine for energy anyway.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i usually get like 5-7 hours of sleep a night. and yep i find that water helps =]

6(sic)6

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yes yes i have a major problem with staying awake throughout the day ! i don't want this, but i can't help it. i get so tired in classes (unless i participate a lot or if the subject is interesting) and by the time i get home i'm literally dead ><"
I have this same problem i find myself struggling to keep awake in classes alot of the time but it takes me at least an hour to get to sleep at night.... wtf? =S i try to get about 8 hours of sleep but doesnt happen most of the time.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You should really try and make an effort to cut down on the caffeine, it's incredibly hard to fall asleep if you drink coffee at night.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
You should really try and make an effort to cut down on the caffeine, it's incredibly hard to fall asleep if you drink coffee at night.
haha no i don't drink coffee mate ! i only did when i had my prelim exam block. but after that i got sick of it =p also the fact that it didn't work MOST of the time ..

and btw what happened to that size 1 font? how come of a sudden it's MUCH bigger o_o lol

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
and btw what happened to that size 1 font? how come of a sudden it's MUCH bigger o_o lol
If you're using Firefox, press ctrl and - and my text should look more size 1ish. :p

Try to sleep earlier like others have suggested, 10pm is too early, you should aim for 11-12am latest, get 6-7 decent hours. At first you won't be used to it but keep doing it everyday and your body will adjust to the new conditions.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
If you're using Firefox, press ctrl and - and my text should look more size 1ish. :p

Try to sleep earlier like others have suggested, 10pm is too early, you should aim for 11-12am latest, get 6-7 decent hours. At first you won't be used to it but keep doing it everyday and your body will adjust to the new conditions.
i go to bed around 12, but i just end up lying there for ages ! my body clock still hasn't adapted since the holidays ><". and im using I.E not firefox !

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's like middle of week 3 and your body still haven't adapted?! XD

Do you feel wide tired at 12 or kind of wide awake?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
It's like middle of week 3 and your body still haven't adapted?! XD

Do you feel wide tired at 12 or kind of wide awake?
yes yes it still hasn't adapted. in the holidays i use to be late net buddies with some people on msn haha. went to sleep around 3 or 4 =p it was funny because as it was so late, we just start doing the most random things and start cracking up lol.

yeah by around 12 i become wide awake. before that im literally dead = = "

Last edited:

xx__savannah

HSC
This thread suits me. I swear I thought I had forgotten how to fall asleep the other night, so I did an hour of English at 1am. Didn't regret it til 7:30 when I left my iPod and pencilcase at home because I was running late for the bus, and in English where Shakespear on tape makes me tired.

I think last night was the first weeknight I had more than 5-6 hours sleep in two weeks. I had too much homework and assessments to do otherwise, and was studying for a non-assessable test til 1am the other day. It's crazy how long 9 hours seems when you're dying to just get home and relax for an hour before starting more school work.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yes yes i have a major problem with staying awake throughout the day ! i don't want this, but i can't help it. i get so tired in classes (unless i participate a lot or if the subject is interesting) and by the time i get home i'm literally dead ><" any suggestions of how i can stay awake and are any of you feeling the same? bah its not good ! = __ = and yes my sleeping patterns are kinda fcked but there IMPROVING. and no caffine doesn't work for me ! lol
The problem may be due to insufficient sleep. Just sleep as much as possible whenever you feel tired, NOT AT SCHOOL THOUGH! and as others have mentioned, drink lots of water, very useful tool.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
This thread suits me. I swear I thought I had forgotten how to fall asleep the other night, so I did an hour of English at 1am. Didn't regret it til 7:30 when I left my iPod and pencilcase at home because I was running late for the bus, and in English where Shakespear on tape makes me tired.

I think last night was the first weeknight I had more than 5-6 hours sleep in two weeks. I had too much homework and assessments to do otherwise, and was studying for a non-assessable test til 1am the other day. It's crazy how long 9 hours seems when you're dying to just get home and relax for an hour before starting more school work.
you got 9 hours of school o_o? usually i get home and start my work because i find it very difficult for me to do work at night ! my bed looks very tempting though but i know if i fall asleep i won't get anything done later ! that's what happened today lol. i started writing a practice essay for english and then at about 6-7 i went to lie on my bed and when i got up i just lost all motivation to cont on it !

xx__savannah

HSC
Deltan said:
The problem may be due to insufficient sleep. Just sleep as much as possible whenever you feel tired, NOT AT SCHOOL THOUGH! and as others have mentioned, drink lots of water, very useful tool.
But if it's like many people I know, there's not enough time to sleep when tired and finish homework/study/assessments. Cat naps don't really help, I've heard.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
lol i don't sleep at school. it's just that im VERY tired all the time lol.
You dont? fuck you should try it.

Its awesome.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
But if it's like many people I know, there's not enough time to sleep when tired and finish homework/study/assessments. Cat naps don't really help, I've heard.
yeah they don't help. refer to my last post ! once you fall to sleep it's quite hard to get back up. well that's IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)