• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

staying awake (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
You dont? fuck you should try it.

Its awesome.
haha i would but my teachers would go off at me lol. last year i did though. fell asleep in yr11 modern history so many times haha. i don't want to but i cant help it ><"

Last edited:

xx__savannah

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
you got 9 hours of school o_o? usually i get home and start my work because i find it very difficult for me to do work at night ! my bed looks very tempting though but i know if i fall asleep i won't get anything done later ! that's what happened today lol. i started writing a practice essay for english and then at about 6-7 i went to lie on my bed and when i got up i just lost all motivation to cont on it !

It takes me 9 hours from when I get on my bus of a morning until I get home at 4:30. Then I sorta read what I'm meant to do, mentally plan, or generally up-date my maths notes or organise my 2nd Chem folder (did HSC course last year, re-doing it, so I'm trying to be more organised)have dinner, then start essays/research. With breaks in between to keep me focused, unless it's a synth essay where I just start and keep going. I get into bed about 12-ish, fall asleep 1:30-ish. Then wake up at 6, lie in bed for half an hour, and get out of bed around quarter to. I wish year 12s could get sport off to do work, it'd be easier.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
haha i would but my teachers would go off at me lol. last year i did though. fell asleep in yr11 modern history so many times haha. i don't want to but i cant help it ><"
Tell them to fuck off/and or im feeling sick. :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
It takes me 9 hours from when I get on my bus of a morning until I get home at 4:30. Then I sorta read what I'm meant to do, mentally plan, or generally up-date my maths notes or organise my 2nd Chem folder (did HSC course last year, re-doing it, so I'm trying to be more organised)have dinner, then start essays/research. With breaks in between to keep me focused, unless it's a synth essay where I just start and keep going. I get into bed about 12-ish, fall asleep 1:30-ish. Then wake up at 6, lie in bed for half an hour, and get out of bed around quarter to. I wish year 12s could get sport off to do work, it'd be easier.
your such a model student ! my time managment is really bad. usually i mentally plan what to do, but end up focusing on only one thing for a VERY long time. after that i can't really be bothered starting on something else ><" hoping that i change this habit SOON. i haven't really done work past 9 since the start of the term ..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
i started writing a practice essay for english and then at about 6-7 i went to lie on my bed and when i got up i just lost all motivation to cont on it !
Try not to sleep for short periods of time at random times of the day, it really does stuff your body's sleep patterns up, just save it up till night time when you can get a good solid 7 hours. 7 is all I need.

xx__savannah

HSC
mr_brightside said:
You dont? fuck you should try it.

Its awesome.

My Eng teacher thought I fell asleep one lesson watching a video (but I had my eyes closed because when I looked at the interviewee, I was trying to figure out if his hands were deformed, and couldn't understand his accent, so I figured I'd just listen) and she threw her book down on my desk, so I'm not trying in my subjects with her again. There are comfy chairs in the library reserved for seniors during my online lessons, but the librarian would use his whistle to wake me up.

I don't think teachers at my school would let me, lol.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Try not to sleep for short periods of time at random times of the day, it really does stuff your body's sleep patterns up, just save it up till night time when you can get a good solid 7 hours. 7 is all I need.
i usually don't take naps on schooldays lol. i do at times on the weekend though. i feel so fresh once i wake up ! =p wish it was like that on schooldays ><

xx__savannah

HSC
Sleep at school during study.

I slept on the bus on the way back from uni today. How embarassing
I get 1 or 2 study lessons a week, and they're too noisy so that's impossible, unfortunately. And my bus is semi-public, so you get crazy drivers going over roundabouts and stopping suddenly, definately not advisable, unfortunately.

your such a model student ! my time managment is really bad. usually i mentally plan what to do, but end up focusing on only one thing for a VERY long time. after that i can't really be bothered starting on something else ><" hoping that i change this habit SOON. i haven't really done work past 9 since the start of the term ..
LOL, my Eng/RE teacher constantly tells me she's worried about my HSC mark because she doesn't think I'm organised or dedicated enough. Not that she's even checked my folders to see how much work I've done.

I've started to dedicating one subject per night study/revision because I get so focused on that one subject I'll write wrong words, or I'll analyse a poem referring to the Economic factors or something like that.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
I get 1 or 2 study lessons a week, and they're too noisy so that's impossible, unfortunately. And my bus is semi-public, so you get crazy drivers going over roundabouts and stopping suddenly, definately not advisable, unfortunately.

LOL, my Eng/RE teacher constantly tells me she's worried about my HSC mark because she doesn't think I'm organised or dedicated enough. Not that she's even checked my folders to see how much work I've done.

I've started to dedicating one subject per night study/revision because I get so focused on that one subject I'll write wrong words, or I'll analyse a poem referring to the Economic factors or something like that.
haha let your teachers see this post then =p.

xx__savannah

HSC
miss_gtr said:
You are hopeless woman! :p

U think YOUR TIRED? Be a man. Back in my highschool days, I slept at 2-3, woke up at 5am......and I was a bloody livewire! Though, in my time off before uni... i was awake till 5am...and didnt wake till around 12 daily. So now.. I have 6am wakes to go to uni... and I dont respond to the alarm.. and im tired as hell! But... yeah, throughout the day im tired..when I get home i'm tired.. Ive been tired all week.......
I couldn't survive like that. After the odd party going to bed at 3-4 I can be up and active at 7 and stay like it during work, but if I had those sorta hours everyday I just couldn't.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
people should exercise more regularly. it is proven to help you sleep better and sounder. to fit more exercise in ur busy timetables, you can either a couple of things:

e.g. if u catch a bus, get off one stop eariler and walk to ur intended bus stop.
at lunchtimes or even at break, play some sport. a good old favourite is handball. the game can get very addictive. VERY.
after school, do some sport as well, even if it is playing some basketball, or jogging.
walk faster or jog to classes.

there are plenty others as well. also, eat well, drink lots of water and always try to be optomistic. stress and unhappiness are not good for you.

contrary to the time most people say its bedtime, for me it was 11pm, 11:30pm at the latest. get at least 7 hrs sleep, 8 hrs is optimal.

if ur really really really busy with assessments, it doesnt matter. ur sleep and health is more important. this means u need to manage your time better. cut down on ur play time a bit. perhaps do some maths homework or finish a chapter of ur perscribed text on the bus or on the train.

all these little things you do in between will add up in the end, and it pays off :)

xx__savannah

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
haha let your teachers see this post then =p.
Nah, I know of only one teacher at my school who uses/knows about BOS, my old Chem teacher who ran off notes from here because they were more concise than her own.

xx__savannah

HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
if ur really really really busy with assessments, it doesnt matter. ur sleep and health is more important. this means u need to manage your time better. cut down on ur play time a bit. perhaps do some maths homework or finish a chapter of ur perscribed text on the bus or on the train.

all these little things you do in between will add up in the end, and it pays off
I've tried telling my teachers that, but they seem to think that their subject is the only one worth bothering with.
And I do homework and drafts of assignments on the bus, and half of my lunch-times. My day and schooling just sucks, lol.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
Nah, I know of only one teacher at my school who uses/knows about BOS, my old Chem teacher who ran off notes from here because they were more concise than her own.
a teacher using notes made by other students lol. that seems quite funny to me ..

xx__savannah

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
a teacher using notes made by other students lol. that seems quite funny to me ..
Awesome teacher, nonetheless. I wish I had her for Chem again this year, have a new teacher, in a class of year 11 accelerants and 4 year 12s (and a friend who also is repeating because she was in hospital and couldn't do the exam) so she gives too much homework out, thinking that as long as the Year 11s can handle it, it's fine -.- All the Y12s hate it. It's also bad because we have to use the scaffold for a particular verb each week, and having done no other sciences, I only know the concise way to answer the verb, not the extended way she expects. So much of my homework is Chem, I would have about 15 hours (including lessons) a week if I didn't choose to repeat.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think M.D's suggestion of excercising is a good idea to tire the body, making you tired at the end of the day. Attend your training sessions, and weekend games to keep your lifestyle more active. You like sleep don't you? But I guess that's what you did in the holidays, I know it's different now with school and and school work happening now. You should get some sleep mate, aim for before midnight if you can. ;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
Awesome teacher, nonetheless. I wish I had her for Chem again this year, have a new teacher, in a class of year 11 accelerants and 4 year 12s (and a friend who also is repeating because she was in hospital and couldn't do the exam) so she gives too much homework out, thinking that as long as the Year 11s can handle it, it's fine -.- All the Y12s hate it. It's also bad because we have to use the scaffold for a particular verb each week, and having done no other sciences, I only know the concise way to answer the verb, not the extended way she expects. So much of my homework is Chem, I would have about 15 hours (including lessons) a week if I didn't choose to repeat.
that's just like my RE teacher. she gives us SOO MUCH HW. the other day she gave us a whole essay which she expected us to do in 45mins because thats the how much time you will get in the hsc to do it ! sif at this stage we could do that esp since we just started the topic not so long ago

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I think M.D's suggestion of excercising is a good idea to tire the body, making you tired at the end of the day. Attend your training sessions, and weekend games to keep your lifestyle more active. You like sleep don't you? But I guess that's what you did in the holidays, I know it's different now with school and and school work happening now. You should get some sleep mate, aim for before midnight if you can. ;)

i spent most of the holidays studying in the morning and then just go out or go on msn for the rest of the day lol. didn't catch up on that much sleep haha. remember those big convos we had in the holidays with the others ? haha they were cool =p. but anyways i do aim for midnight ! usually im off by 11 but the problem is that i just end up lying there for a long long time .. ><"

xx__savannah

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
that's just like my RE teacher. she gives us SOO MUCH HW. the other day she gave us a whole essay which she expected us to do in 45mins because thats the how much time you will get in the hsc to do it ! sif at this stage we could do that esp since we just started the topic not so long ago
Yeah, I was meant to be doing practice exam questions for RE tonight, too, but we did 30mins on inter-faith dialogue on Monday, and then today she gives us questions on religious adherance, and the common features of inter-faith dialogue and religious harmony. I can get 2 sentences, and we're meant to do a page. I don't even remember even hearing 'religious harmony' or 'adherance' this year, apart fro 'harmony' in the aims of inter-fath dialogue.

I know what I'll be doing on the bus in the morning.

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
Yeah, I was meant to be doing practice exam questions for RE tonight, too, but we did 30mins on inter-faith dialogue on Monday, and then today she gives us questions on religious adherance, and the common features of inter-faith dialogue and religious harmony. I can get 2 sentences, and we're meant to do a page. I know what I'll be doing on the bus in the morning.
haha are you sure you dont have the same re teacher as me ? o_o lol. at the moment were doing ethics and morals which is soo confusing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)