• Only if ur a fan

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I just assumed that 'force ghost' meant communicating with dead jedis, and that was explained. I don't think people would've been overly interested in some bizzare, overly technicaly explanation of how the technique actually works. I wouldn't have been anyway.

HSC
I saw it last night and I thought it was fucking good, the special effects looked brilliant and the script was even bearable, plus they did a good job of tying up the series

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i cant wait to c it...hopefully go tonight, how hard was it to get tickets?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i thought it was pretty good but i think it was too quick....it woulda worked better over two slightly shorter movies cos it was as tho anakin was good and then 2 minutes later he was darth vader! i was like "oh...is that it?"
and it ended too quick too....the whole death star thing was just like on fast forward n stuff

i think it woulda been so much better tho if they hadnt released them out of order and then padme hadnt said the names of the babies!! that woulda been cool

oh well....i thought it was prettty good tho :)

waterfowl

HSC
twisted_emily said:
i think it woulda been so much better tho if they hadnt released them out of order and then padme hadnt said the names of the babies!! that woulda been cool
The only good thing for that would be the surprise element of "Luke I am your father!" which people had in the 70's anyway.
Can you imagine Episodes I, II, and III being made back then? It would have been impossible - Yoda fighting, R2D2 flying etc would have been impossible to do.

v sia

HSC
Im quite a Star Wars fan , but i've decided not to watch episode 3 Return of the Sith , reason? ... i really dont want to hate it , i know i will , i hated episode 1 ,2 found 4 , 5 ,6 to be okay but this is the very last Star wars episode , i've heard really bad thing about ROTS so yeah .

BTW i finished collecting the star wars badges !!! im gonna go get it framed ( literally )

HSC
It's good, I don't know how you could do that to yourself. Although it doesn't have the same retro kitschy tone of Episodes 4-6, it is infinitely better than 1 and 2, it's unmissable

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wrote this for the other thread, but here's my little copy and paste review:

Alot more emotional than I thought; I was teary eyed as Obi cried out to the mutilated Anakin and his subsequent response was bone chilling and heart wrenching. Generally speaking a more eloquent screenplay by Lucas. The chorus music to Kenobi Vs. Vader was also pretty compelling.. along with the whole climactic scene in general near the end such as when Yoda battles Sidious on the rising Republic Parliament chairman's float. Also I should add that I thought the overall pacing of the entire film was pretty well done, to me it was fast-paced and never really dragged on at any particular stage of the 2 or so hours. Acting by Christensen seemed to be alot better than the previous two. The movie itself was also pretty sad, as Anakin was manipulated by Palpatine/Sidious to the Dark Side to save his wife.. which ironically caused him to kill her in the end, not to mention the trajedy of the downfall of the Jedi caste. SWIII was a great wrap-up of all the loose ends and issues with SWI and II, but it also puts a very clear and emotional relevance to IV-VI and explains a lot of things we took for granted. It makes every other SW movie better.
CGI was top-notch, and there was some impressive cinematography, especially some of the long CGI takes at the beginning in the orbital battle. Overall, the film seemed to have patched up the prequels to the originals pretty well in my opinion, and Lucas certainly has redeemed himself over the past 2 films with a clear winner. One of the best of the 6, imo. Can't wait to see it again and to buy it on DVD.

The question isn't whether it's worth seeing.. it's how many times. ;)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Definately worth seeing. I thought it was fantastic. It was very sad when Anakin was about to kill (I hope I'm not ruining anything here) the little Jedi kids. Overall, I thought that the movie explained his transition into Darth really well. Don't deliberate, just freakin see it!

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
there were definatley a few bits which didnt match up ( In Revenge of the Sith) with Ep IV V and VI -
I just finished watching Ep. IV - a New HOpe, straight after seeing Revenge of the Sith
Hmm.. Could have done with a tiny bit more revision but Meh... 1977 - thats a long time ago its fare enough for George Lucas to get everything right! -

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
haha i'm planning to goto video store and get star wars 4-6 after watching revenge of the sith today, except i got this fucking essay to get out of the way!@#Q$@#

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
How easy do you think getting tickets for Thursday night will be?????

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Argonaut said:
Walk in, go up to the counter and say "Can I book a ticket to Epsiode 3 on Thursday at (insert session time here), please?" or words to that effect. If you don't want to wait around, time it so another session has gone in five or ten minutes before you book yours.

Worked for me and my brother.
Aight, yeah I was wondering like if you had to pay u had to put down $$ for bookings

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Trust me the cinemas aint that ffull - I went on Friday 1.30pm to George St and there was maybe 12 people in the cinema (and i came like 30 mins in)
and today when i went again ( to see the beginning ^_^ ) went to fox 5.30 about 25 peopel thats it .. its cause they have A session every Half Hour from 10 am to usually 9.45 pm at major cinemas.. even some independent (like Randwick Ritz, Cremorne Cronulla ) etc. ...

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
sunjet said:
haha i'm planning to goto video store and get star wars 4-6 after watching revenge of the sith today, except i got this fucking essay to get out of the way!@#Q$@#
i did that last night after seeing it on saturday.
ahhh nostalgia is not what it used to be....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)