• Only if ur a fan

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Gah. All these advertisements on booking to watch Star Wars is getting frustrating since I'm planning to watch it later in the hopes I wont have to wait in line to buy a ticket.

waterfowl

HSC
transcendent said:
Gah. All these advertisements on booking to watch Star Wars is getting frustrating since I'm planning to watch it later in the hopes I wont have to wait in line to buy a ticket.
Why don't you just go to the cinema and buy your tickets now? Most cinemas have started selling them.
And if you wait, you might have heard about the twists etc in the movie, and it will spoil it for you.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
First I don't watch TV so I doubt that will spoil it for me. Internet is my biggest concern for spoilers. Besides that I want to watch with friends who have conflicting timetables/schedules. I might just watch it myself which I'm going to do anyways but after I watch it with friends.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Argonaut said:
Yes, they'd make money out of it, but it wouldn't be that expensive. Really. You can pick up all 20 digiattely-remastered James Bond films for about $340, so how much d'you reckon 6 Star Wars films would set you back?
I reckon Lucas will do like they did for the Lord of the Rings movies and make huge big special editions for each one - maybe not longer movies, but huge documentaries on absolutely everything. So it could well be hundreds of dollars for all six. And millions of people would buy them. That's a shitload of money.

And I've got a question for all the Star Wars heads out there - I watch Phantom Menace the other day (to see if it was really as bad as I remember - it was, I fell asleep) and I was wondering - what's Padme's real name? Cos I've heard her called Padme Amidala, Queen Amidala, Padme Naberrie and Amidala Naberrie. The handmaiden that Anakin fell in love with (are you an angel??? Seriously, little kid, fuck right off) was Padme, but she was also the queen, so what was her name? I'm guessing it's Padme Amidala, but isn't it a bit weird to call the queen by her last name? That'd be like having Queen Windsor or whatever... but they said she was elected, so I suppose it's different...why would she be queen if it was an elected title though?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Anakin asking if Padme was an 'Angel' was taken out of context. That's why everyone found it so cheesy and wrong. Anakin's supposed to be 10 and Padme 14.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
transcendent said:
Anakin asking if Padme was an 'Angel' was taken out of context. That's why everyone found it so cheesy and wrong. Anakin's supposed to be 10 and Padme 14.
I thought he was supposed to be 8 not 10

imdb

"Annikan, and Amidala (who becomes close to the boy despite the nearly fifteen year age difference between the two)"

Anakin: Are you an angel?
Queen Amidala: What?
Anakin: An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the moons of Iego, I think. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe.
Queen Amidala: You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?
Anakin: I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I'm a pilot, you know, and someday I'm going to fly away from this place.

imdb

ANAKIN: (defensively) I'm 9 1/2 years old and I'm very mature for my age!
Guess i was wrong

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Is the identity of Anakins father revealed in Revenge of the Sith

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
transcendent said:
Anakin doesn't have a father as explained in Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Yes but if u look at her face and body language i was told that it indicates that she was raped

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Korn said:
Yes but if u look at her face and body language i was told that it indicates that she was raped
Yes, there was something that suggested that she was hiding something or not revealing a truth but as stated by the Jedi Council, he was the prophesised child conceived by the Force, much like Jesus through Mary except with no Joseph or Gabriel archangel sent from God. If in fact there is another story then it complicates the story even further and would require a side story which could go on forever and so is unlikely. Lucas' vision is that Anakin was a prophesised Force child conceived to balance the Force.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
If Anakin was so powerful why, when he goes/went bad, how come he didnt want to rule for himself

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Argonaut said:
Her real name is Padme Naberrie. "Amidala" is her state name, rather like the Pope does when he ascends to the apapcy or a King adopting a new name when they come to power. She's referred to as 'Padme Amidala' as a sing of respect (I guess) by her people, and also in the Senate.

And Episode 1's not that bad! OK, a few tweaks to the script would have done more good than harm (and maybe cast someone else as Anakin), but most people think it sucked purely because it didn't meet their expectations of what the backstory actually would be - I mean, who would guess that the baddest villain in the Galaxy would be a nine-year old slave kid hitting one someone who's at least twice his age?
OK, that makes sense, but you're wrong about Episode 1 - it's utter shit. It's just childish in the worst possible way - you've got this big huge story about The Force and glactic wars and stuff, and yet it all starts with a stupid CGI alien stepping in shit, a robot that is shocked because "my parts are showing", other robots that say "that does not compute" and "roger, roger", and an annoying little brat acting like a spoiled child-actor. It's very, very hard to get past all that, and when you do the story isn't that great and it all looks like a cartoon.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
You have to understand that it was targeted towards children, Lucas' vision :rolleyes:. Yes the humour was more childish which I believe alot of people mistaken as it went with the idea that Anakin is still a child. This seems the case since the humour of SW:AOTC was a little older but not by much and included alot of childish/cliched views on love. The blantant humour would be noted by younger audiences as funny. The original triliogy had a more mature yet subtle humour to it. This may be because Carrie Fischer sexed up the script but it just seems that way. Jar Jar isn't that bad a character.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
OK, that makes sense, but you're wrong about Episode 1 - it's utter shit. It's just childish in the worst possible way - you've got this big huge story about The Force and glactic wars and stuff, and yet it all starts with a stupid CGI alien stepping in shit, a robot that is shocked because "my parts are showing", other robots that say "that does not compute" and "roger, roger", and an annoying little brat acting like a spoiled child-actor. It's very, very hard to get past all that, and when you do the story isn't that great and it all looks like a cartoon.
Ah Monkey Butler, is there a movie you DON'T hate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)