• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Star Wars Episode 3 (1 Viewer)

Is it worth seeing

• Yes

Votes: 64 72.7%
  • Only if ur a fan

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters
HSC
Argonaut said:
I wouldn't trust that site. George Lucas is the only authority on the subject, and I read the Episode 7-9 summaries and if you ask me, it sounds very woolly. If Anakin Skywalker restored balance to the Force by crossing back to the Light Side, why the hell are the Dark Jedi becoming such a threat? Plus, clones are NOT able to use the Force in any way, shape or form. If they do, it drives them mad. And the ending to Episode IX, setting off a Black Hole Superweapon has four main fundamental errors:
1) The Sith cult started on Korriban, not the system listed.
2) Only stars can become black holes, not planets. And if a black hole the size of that system was created, it would destroy a fair part of the galaxy.
3) It would be very un-Jedi to launch an offensive attack as described. If they did that, they would all touch the Dark Side and many would take the place of the enemy they had just vanquished.
4) The Dark Side originates through fear, anger, hate, mistrust, aggression and negative feelings. It might have been discovered on a planet, but that planet is not the source of the Dark Side.
Someone knows their Star Wars history

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Someone knows their Star Wars history
Who didnt know that Korriban was the home of the Sith Lords?
And the relation to evil and unpleasant thoughts with The Dark Side is obvious

HotShot

-_-
HSC
i dont know much about star wars

but rumours that Lucas will start production by 2014 for episode 7.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
HotShot said:
but rumours that Lucas will start production by 2014 for episode 7.
I don't believe it. However, more starwars WOULD be good.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
and

doesnt have to be directed or produced by him. As for the actors getting old, get new ones. no problem in that. apparently he signed contracts with marck hamiill and chewbacca dude.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
if there is ever going to b episodes 7-9 it wont b directed by lucas, itd have to directed by some1 else, as he was quite adamant in an interview htat he doesnt want to direct ne of these big movies nemore, hes made his money and now hell jus do small projects. He could b lying u neva know :p

transcendent

HSC
N/A
As if he needs more money. I want to direct Episode VII--IX purely because I love Star Wars and want other people to enjoy it as well. I have the vision but I need to learn how to incorporate symbolism with camera angles and techniques. I want both an epic Star Wars and a personal Star Wars. One that focuses on the characters themselves and the galactic battles raging in the background.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Komaticom said:
Biggest. Understatement. Ever.
i was actually regurgitating what lucas himself had said...he was satisfied with the amount of money he made...fuk he deserves evry single cent...and i can c it is an understatement :p the point is that he will not make nething this big eva again, his work is done....

waterfowl

HSC
transcendent said:
In other news.... I WENT TO TOYS R US TODAY AND WENT CRAZY OOGLING THE STAR WARS MERCHANDISE! :D
How great are some of the Star Wars toys! I saw them at work today (we weren't allowed to put them out before today) and it's so upsetting we didn't have them when we were kids.

Didn't anyone read this::
60 Minutes
LESLEY STAHL: What if someone else beside you came to you and said, "I want to make episode seven". Could you see that happening?

GEORGE LUCAS: No.

LESLEY STAHL: No, absolutely, positively — you're closing the door without any wiggle room whatsoever?

GEORGE LUCAS: Right, there is no episode seven.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Argonaut said:
It's just a rumour. Lucas said himself he's not going to do it - he'll be about 70 by the year 2014 and he also said he wants to do something else first. So I don't believe it. And even if he DOES do episodes VII-IX, he should at least change the script. The summaries on that site were useless. Why would they make an acadamey on Bespin when it's right on the edge of the Galaxy (check the map, it's ni the lower-left corner)? Wouldn't somewhere like Yavin 4 (as stated in the books) or Naboo (if it still exists after Episode 3) or even Corellia be far more appropriate?

It might not have to be directed or produced by him, but he's the only person who can truly capture the feel of Star Wars. Anyone else would just ruin it.
They could get the guys who did Episode 5 and 6 to do it.
I would say the best place for the Jedi Temple would be Corusant, Yavin 4 or what ever planet the Jedi originated from

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
waterfowl said:
How great are some of the Star Wars toys! I saw them at work today (we weren't allowed to put them out before today) and it's so upsetting we didn't have them when we were kids.

Didn't anyone read this::
60 Minutes
LESLEY STAHL: What if someone else beside you came to you and said, "I want to make episode seven". Could you see that happening?

GEORGE LUCAS: No.

LESLEY STAHL: No, absolutely, positively — you're closing the door without any wiggle room whatsoever?

GEORGE LUCAS: Right, there is no episode seven.
Dude Star Wars toys have been around as long as Star Wars has

waterfowl

HSC
Korn said:
Dude Star Wars toys have been around as long as Star Wars has
Oh really, thanx for that - I'm not a fool, I know Star Wars toys have been around as long as Star Wars, I used to play with them all the time as a kid.
If you read my post, it is speaking in the present tense - as in I wish we had some of the cool toys that are out now, that weren't around when we were kids!

v sia

HSC
umm this was like 3 - 4 years ago when the kid that played Anakin was interviewed in 60 minutes , he acted like a total dickhead ( so i've heard ) and the viewers actually wrote how much of an asshole he was . Anyone happen to catch/ remember it ???

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
waterfowl said:
Oh really, thanx for that - I'm not a fool, I know Star Wars toys have been around as long as Star Wars, I used to play with them all the time as a kid.
If you read my post, it is speaking in the present tense - as in I wish we had some of the cool toys that are out now, that weren't around when we were kids!
I havent seen any of these new toys, how are they different

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
v sia said:
umm this was like 3 - 4 years ago when the kid that played Anakin was interviewed in 60 minutes , he acted like a total dickhead ( so i've heard ) and the viewers actually wrote how much of an asshole he was . Anyone happen to catch/ remember it ???
Was this the kid who played anakin in Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones

waterfowl

HSC
Korn said:
I havent seen any of these new toys, how are they different
Lightsabers that light up and make noises when they come into contact with objects; Darth Vader masks that warp your voice to sound like him; cool lego etc

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
waterfowl said:
Lightsabers that light up and make noises when they come into contact with objects; Darth Vader masks that warp your voice to sound like him; cool lego etc
We had the Lightsabers, i dont think we had Vader masks or lego really

scoby_2000

HSC
Argonaut said:
I hope that when the DVD of Revenge of the Sith comes out they'll have a Special Collector's Edition of all six films - the extended versions of all six films (if they exist) with a Specail Features Disc for each. That would be awesome.
and yet another money maker for them....

i would think theyll be bringing in new things constantly

6 pack dvd

gold edition 6 episode star wars

gold deluxe edition 6 episode star wars

gold edition 6 episode star wars with bonus disc

gold deluxe edition 6 episode star wars with bonus disc

ultra gold deluxe special edition 6 episode star wars with bonus disc + poster

and so on....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)