SRC Elections 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
No, it isn't. People don't vote because they don't want to be members of the SRC.

is a roflcopter
HSC
hello mr quah i heard you're quite the psycho hehehe
selling bonsais for communism in high school or something....

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I supported, and still do to an extent, Chinese communism. Not this marxist crap, but proper Maoism. My natural inclination is that people are too stupid to elect their own leaders - and this SRC election has just gone and proven it. Chinese culture has a lot to teach the West - and a system of Government where one's leaders actually Lead can only be a positive step in a nation where even our smartest leaders barely have an average IQ.

I also happen to run a bonsai nursery in Sydney's west, the Quah Bonsai nursery. At the moment, I'm renovating the nursery but by December it should be all completed again. In the meantime though, I'm still keeping busy in the industry through my bonsai lectures with the Royal Horticultural Society of New South Wales. I also do the Easter Show seminars in the Horticulture Pavilion - unlike every other candidate in this election, I actually HAVE horticultural (environmental) credentials.

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
at least our government doesn't blow the fuck out of uni students protesting against them...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Perhaps it should. All of a sudden, the hygiene level among uni students would be exponentially higher.

frederica

phat
HSC
Phanatical said:
Perhaps it should. All of a sudden, the hygiene level among uni students would be exponentially higher.

That is sickening. Good quote we can use in campaigning against you next year though :)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
So you have never called someone a faggot, poofter, retard or spastic?
I personally havn't. It seems a little bit yr 3.

frederica

phat
HSC
Phanatical said:
unlike every other candidate in this election, I actually HAVE horticultural (environmental) credentials.
WITH BONSAIS!!

Ie. midget deformed trees. It's not although the SRC are being elected to Garden.

Look at the credentials of the greens, they've rallied against environmental degradation, ran for the government on that card - surely that dedication counts for something? All not for profit too.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I've been attacked constantly for the last three weeks. Any longer, and I probably would have killed them all too. Sometimes I wish they'd just hold a continuous protest in the middle of Sydney, and all get sent to prison for 20 years. It'd make life MUCH better.

The Greens are a bunch of idiots. They don't realise that the FIRST priority of the SRC should be Student Interests. They want to use the SRC resources to fight the Government over environmental issues - instead of student interests.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
i was just wondering
did you really think you stood a chance?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
frederica said:
WITH BONSAIS!!

Ie. midget deformed trees. It's not although the SRC are being elected to Garden.

Look at the credentials of the greens, they've rallied against environmental degradation, ran for the government on that card - surely that dedication counts for something? All not for profit too.
My environmental credentials go beyond Bonsai. My father and I have been working on techniques to increase propagation rates over smaller spaces. At the moment, we are at the point where I can now grow over a hundred trees in a single 80cm² tray with a minimal loss rate. This technique allows for less resources to be used in the growing of trees, and has immense potential for the establishment of these trees before they are planted into nature. Bonsai has always been considered an artform, but it does have scientific applications too.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Newbie said:
i was just wondering
did you really think you stood a chance?
No. Nevertheless, it has been disappointing and more stressful than I had hoped. My goal was that I'd beat Karoline Morwitzer. But I take pride in the fact that my final campaign spending was still less than 1% of any other team.

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
that first movie you made for RESOLVE was pretty groovy but your candidates could be a bit more photogenic to appeal to people instead of put them off.

sarevok

HSC
Phanatical said:
Fact is though, that those people who'd normally vote for the Choice/Resolve coalition are the ones who just don't care about the election because they have no intention of staying members.
true. i think one of the other reasons why watson didn't gain much of the tally was because he failed to capitalise on the virtual goldmine of the commerce vote. i did not see watson do one lecture bash in my subjects throguhout the entire campaign and most students in the faculty i spoke to didnt even know who he was. commerce is the largest faculty in the uni, the students are more pre-disposed towards the libs' policies and watson is a business student himself. fontana was very successful in gaining support through the 'im a business student, vote for me and i'll look after you guys' line...watson should definitely have played that more

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sarevok said:
true. i think one of the other reasons why watson didn't gain much of the tally was because he failed to capitalise on the virtual goldmine of the commerce vote. i did not see watson do one lecture bash in my subjects throguhout the entire campaign and most students in the faculty i spoke to didnt even know who he was. commerce is the largest faculty in the uni, the students are more pre-disposed towards the libs' policies and watson is a business student himself. fontana was very successful in gaining support through the 'im a business student, vote for me and i'll look after you guys' line...watson should definitely have played that more
Most of the lectures Tom did were from Commerce, maybe he could've done more, I dunno. Personally what I think was the problem was alienating so much of the population by campaigning under the banner of killing the queer collective. Sure, do it once you get in, but don't campaign under it.

Plebeian

I agree. The trick is to appear centrist and, dare I say it, "sensible", then pull out all your far-right deviousness once you're elected.

To address some other points raised (I'll paraphrase here):

waf said:
I'd rather have 10% of the vote than a vocabulary limited to fuck and fascist
As compared to Simon Fontana, whose debating skills are limited to "Fuck off, nobody likes you" (to the Greens guy).

wikiwiki said:
most of the liberal people wouldn't have voted out of principle, because they'd be pro-VSU
These people are idiots if they don't understand they should still vote to support the Liberals on SRC, so that they can then push for VSU. Alternatively, maybe the Liberals should not stand in the next SRC elections "out of principle" :)

Quah said:
this stupid system of preferential voting means that the Liberals will only get 1 or 2 seats
Not content to blame the electorate, Quah resorts to attacking the actual voting system. Above-the-line voting is a perfectly legitimate simplifying technique used in Federal elections. When was the last time you heard a newly-defeated Opposition claim they lost because of the way the ballot is laid out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)