SRC Elections 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
NOLS is the National Organisation of Labor Students. At USYD, they're known as "Action"

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
well thats the name of their main ticket they've run a number of times. NOLS is actualli known as the USYD Social Left if u wanna get technical about it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian: Can you honestly tell me you've never called someone a faggot, poofter, retard or spastic?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
withoutaface said:
Asquithian: Can you honestly tell me you've never called someone a faggot, poofter, retard or spastic?
whatwhat what?1?E2q wheres asqy?

sarevok

HSC
Phanatical said:
I'm thinking next year I'll either keep the RESOLVE name (So I can recycle posters)
you're running again next year? hasnt your humiliating performance this year been enough to convince you that usyd students are absolutely uninterested in having you as src president?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm considering it. USYD students don't vote because they don't care. My job is to ensure that students realise that if they don't vote, that they're the ones getting screwed.

Besides, that's rich of you considering that Choice only scored 10% of the vote. Considering the size of my election budget and my team, my 2% is HUGE compared to the Libs. Not that I'm trying to be critical, this election has proven that Left (Resolve) and Right (Choice) can work together to promote student interests. Fact is though, that those people who'd normally vote for the Choice/Resolve coalition are the ones who just don't care about the election because they have no intention of staying members.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I learnt some interesting anecdotes about the NUS in the last couple of days. They're not allowed to have an Australian flag in their conferences, only the Aboriginal one.

Also a few years ago they couldn't find an aboriginal elder to open their conference in Melbourne, so three days after the conference was supposed to start someone flew up to Sydney, picked up a random abo from Redfern, got him to pose as an elder and opened the conference.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Presidential Primary Vote
Nick Wood 60%
Karoline Morwitzer 25%
Tom Watson 10%
Andrew Quah 2%
Others 3%

Honi Soit was won by Word, but I don't have any specific figures.

gerhard

HSC
anyone have any idea what voter turnout was like? or what is was like in previous years?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Somewhere between 2 and 3 thousand, which was smaller than in previous years I believe.

gerhard

HSC
so at a maximum we are looking at 10% of the student population.
that really isnt that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)