Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i saw someone in a keep left tshirt turn right the other day. true story

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm thinking next year I'll either keep the RESOLVE name (So I can recycle posters), or rename it "NO RIGHT TURN", "CRAPTION" or "REACTION"

stazi

Nightman
HSC
by the way, you know whose actually really fucking cool? Lauren. from the usu board of directors

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Lauren Hendry Parsons may be cool to you, but she's one of the more active perpetrators of the lies about me around the campus.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
All of a sudden, you make much more sense. I apologise for my preconceived notions about you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical said:
Lauren Hendry Parsons may be cool to you, but she's one of the more active perpetrators of the lies about me around the campus.
she's a better flirter than you though. i'd bone her.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
What it all comes down to though, is that the students have the SRC they deserve. A corrupt, imbecilic SRC leadership who have no desire to actually represent students. That's what students wanted, and that's what students are going to get. At least I can take comfort in the fact that:

a) If VSU comes in, I can walk away completely
b) If VSU doesn't come in, the Con as a whole can walk away completely.

My time on main campus has done absolutely Nothing to challenge my belief that main campus students are rude, inconsiderate, arrogant and self-centred. Last year, my classmates were verbally attacked and physically threatened and this year I was actually physically (and violently) attacked. There are no Con participants in the Verge festival this year because my colleagues are disgusted by the attitude of our main campus counterparts.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
When I started at the Con, I loved the fact that it was part of USYD. The opportunities were fantastic - the Con is one of the world's best music schools, and USYD is Australia's most prestigious university. But every move that our student body made towards doing events and such with main campus has been met with derision and hostility from our counterparts, and we're all getting sick of it. Despite the advice of my Society and my friends at the Con, I thought I would go to main campus and offer a sensible alternative to the bullshit that YOUR representatives present. Instead, I get harassed, vilified, even physically attacked.

The reality is that as part of USYD, our student fees are still the same as anybody else at the Uni, but where you guys might get back at least SOME value for money, out of our $540 per annum, we get back no more than $5 a person. That's all we get. It all gets spent on those fucking protests at Baxter Detention Centre, funding inhuman cults like Falun Gong and pandering to the feminist Bullshit with their Women's Officers and Queer Officers.

gerhard

HSC
i hardly think nick wood's campaign was 'vote for me, im gay' - I followed this src election pretty closely and I had no idea of his sexual orientation.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
Poo. The Con is beautiful and brings a degree of culture to the University. I love the Con folks. :)
Especially andrew. Culture aplenty.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
gerhard said:
i hardly think nick wood's campaign was 'vote for me, im gay' - I followed this src election pretty closely and I had no idea of his sexual orientation.
Is Nick gay? Wow - didn't know that. But then, I don't think it's especially relevant :)

Is it just me, or does Nick look too nice and caring to be El Prez ... I mean, he's not the hard-nosed warrior that Felix was or the firebrand and media savvy Rose. When I see him, I want to give him a hug - how's he going to bring Mr Nelson et al to bear like that?! :) But seriously, I'm sure he'll (is he officially the winner?) be tops.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yeah, he's the new President now. It's a complete electoral annihiliation. Because of these stupid new rules on preferencing, the Libs are looking at one or two SRC seats, max. RESOLVE won't even get one. It's incredibly sad, because students really have mandated the destruction of the SRC.

I may sound like a sore loser, but it's more than that. I wouldn't have run if I thought our representatives could do a good job. I KNOW that they can't. I've staked my entire reputation on it, despite all the attacks on my good name. And now I have to deal with the humiliation of a complete electoral defeat, knowing that even though I was right, students just didn't listen to me.

I cannot be a gracious loser, because I KNOW that they will not be "the best they can". I KNOW that they will continue to neglect students at our university, and especially at my campus, and that for my own constitutency it will be another tough year.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
And now I have to deal with the humiliation of a complete electoral defeat, knowing that even though I was right, students just didn't listen to me.
Sorry but. Um. Yeah. I think most people would hope you never end up in power with that kind of attitude.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
melbournian said:
positive campaign?

Is that positive? Would have got me.
Btw, when was the last time the Howard government ran a positive election, rather than one based on fear?

I have a lot of time for Tim and I agree with a lot of what he has to say (although he is a lot more optimistic about the future than me).
Positive meaning selling your own policies instead of disparaging those of others without offering any real solutions.

EDIT: I'd rather only manage 10% of the vote than have a vocabulary limited to the words "fuck" and "fascist".

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
As an aside, I'd like to congratulate NOLS on a great campaign. Their aim was to portray Nick as the moderate candidate, while demonising Choice as fascists and Keep Left as crazy commies, and through both good planning and sheer strength of numbers they acheived a very strong result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)