speeding lols (1 Viewer)

mggail

HSC
Thats sucks! :p I'm from WA and I'm pretty sure the rules arent as strict as over there. For instance a friend of mine got picked up for speeding the day she got her license and I think she just lost 2 demit points and got a fine- I could be wrong, but anyway, she definatly didnt lose her license or anything!

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Thats sucks! :p I'm from WA and I'm pretty sure the rules arent as strict as over there. For instance a friend of mine got picked up for speeding the day she got her license and I think she just lost 2 demit points and got a fine- I could be wrong, but anyway, she definatly didnt lose her license or anything!
yeah lax driving laws are offset by the fact that you live in fucking WA
i mean seriously
WA?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I thought school zones started at 2.30.

pman

Banned
HSC
Most of the time you don't get picked up anyways, unless ur on the highway in peak times

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've compared actual speedo with both GPS units and RSM (it's a device which takes the speed signal from the ECU without 'adjusting' it) and I found that my car's speedo was usually slightly optimistic (60km/h per speedo was about 56km/h actual; 110km/h was about 100km/h actual).

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
That's always the case quick, aussie design standards say that speedos can read up to 10% over but are not supposed to every underestimate speed. My civic is doing 96 when reading 100, according to one of those big signs that tells you your current speed.

chuboy

HSC
I have been told by someone who's going out with a police officer that speed cameras are out by 10% in your favour (seems excessive), so as long as you were doing 42-44km/hr, you should be good. 45km/hr and you may be in trouble...
Stationary speed cameras have a +/-2kph discrepancy, speed cameras in a moving police vehicle have +/-3kph.

From the ops manual.

Zozo6969

HSC
Stationary speed cameras have a +/-2kph discrepancy, speed cameras in a moving police vehicle have +/-3kph.

From the ops manual.
thats their margin of error, which is why for all speeding tickets u have to be going at least 10% over the speed limit.

mate ur fine, if ur speedo said u were going 42-45, odds on u werent even going that as speedos will always overstate ur speed, and given that a camera cant book u until ur at least going 44 kmh, plus it was only 2:20, and the speed camera gets activated a little after 2:30 because some people may enter the school zone when the lights arent flashing but reach the camera when they are flashing, and speed camera flashes dead set light up the whole street they are so bright even during the day u would know if u got caught, ur fine trust me

chuboy

HSC
thats their margin of error, which is why for all speeding tickets u have to be going at least 10% over the speed limit.

mate ur fine, if ur speedo said u were going 42-45, odds on u werent even going that as speedos will always overstate ur speed, and given that a camera cant book u until ur at least going 44 kmh, plus it was only 2:20, and the speed camera gets activated a little after 2:30 because some people may enter the school zone when the lights arent flashing but reach the camera when they are flashing, and speed camera flashes dead set light up the whole street they are so bright even during the day u would know if u got caught, ur fine trust me
Apparently it's a flat 2kmh. You can definitely be penalised for doing 108 in a 100 zone or 96 in a 90 zone. But for the police themselves they have to assume the camera is over-reading and must adjust accordingly, so 65km/h may in fact be a more acceptable 62. This is probably the origin of the 10% myth.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've always thought how ridiculous it would look, getting a letter with a fine, stating that you were "caught travelling at 51km/hr in a 50 zone". Even 52 sounds stupid. But 55? I could understand being fined for that, whether or not the 10% leeway is a myth or not.
That's been my thought reasoning on the subject. Although I remember reading in an interview with a police (don't quote me on this) that they always take into account the circumstances and environmental surroundings of the offence... and the example was inclination of the road.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
That's been my thought reasoning on the subject. Although I remember reading in an interview with a police (don't quote me on this) that they always take into account the circumstances and environmental surroundings of the offence... and the example was inclination of the road.
Nah doubt they do, fixed cameras are allowed to be on inclines, mobile radars aren't. Over 52 and you're booked.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Speedo is no excuse they never underestimate your speed unless you're a dumbcunt and don't get it recalibrated after changiing your tire size.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah doubt they do, fixed cameras are allowed to be on inclines, mobile radars aren't. Over 52 and you're booked.
I'm pretty sure it was using radar guns... but anyway, if you are bothered I'm pretty sure I read it in the NRMA magazine about a year or so ago. Yes I do read it because we pay for it in our insurance premiums and there's nothing else better to read whilst eating snacks.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Attila just copped a $647 fine, 99 in a 60, 5 points. Said he was racing a GT-R. Lucky he's on his fulls.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Attila just copped a $647 fine, 99 in a 60, 5 points. Said he was racing a GT-R. Lucky he's on his fulls.
Who's Attila?

But in all seriousness what is the point in racing someone on the street? Usually you can tell if you can snap them or if they're likely to snap you. If it's close to call, can't you just accept that whoever were to hypothetically win would be the one who was most ignorant both to their own safety and others (and the chance/risk of getting caught)?

On another note the only thing I really can't stand is old men (and women) driving cars aimed at young people. I was playing with the colour swap feature of my Canon Ixus the other day near a carpark and this old 65 year old woman or so came out to tell me off for looking suss and taking photos of her 370z (I actually saw her husband, an equally elderly man driving it into the carpark). This greatly annoyed me because we weren't taking photos of her car, and even if so, I was so tempted to mouth something back to her about why I bought my car rather than a 370z. It was because of old farts like them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)