SOR I - Section 3! YOUR THOUGHTS (1 Viewer)

hano

HSC
but do you not see, the questions didnt relate to the syllabus!
I would have had no issue with a quote that was difficult but related to the syllabus!

For example, I did buddhism, the two quotes related to the noble eight fold path and "true meditation" which the quote said was meditation without any incense etc.

We do, environmental ethics, the dalai lama and wesak.
I tried to make some reference to the noble eight fold path and the middle way in my environmental ethics section but even then, i was drawing on PRELIM knowledge which they said would not be on the exam. Wesak did not relate to the second quote at all, its all about incense etc!

I also do Christianity. Marriage, Bioethics and Mary Magdalene.
The question asked about daily lives or something. How often do you get married? Lol And whilst i recognise that the institution of marriage affects your daily life, the quote was near impossible to decifer what it was actually referring to!

Stompy11

HSC
I would have had no issue with a quote that was difficult but related to the syllabus!

For example, I did buddhism, the two quotes related to the noble eight fold path and "true meditation" which the quote said was meditation without any incense etc.

I tried to make some reference to the noble eight fold path and the middle way in my environmental ethics section but even then, i was drawing on PRELIM knowledge which they said would not be on the exam. Wesak did not relate to the second quote at all, its all about incense etc!

The question asked about daily lives or something. How often do you get married? Lol And whilst i recognise that the institution of marriage affects your daily life, the quote was near impossible to decifer what it was actually referring to!
Our religion teacher was waiting outside after the exam and she said that how you were supposed to approach the question was to discuss how Buddhism has changed over the different time periods. For example, the first quote was in 5th century (I think) and the second was in 13th (I think). She said you needed to make reference to how the second quote, which involved things such as no incense among other things, is completely different to modern Buddhism today and the Dalai Lama's time.

Of course I didnt think about any of this in the exam :(

Lauraisme

HSC
I did Christianity and wrote about how it applies to Sunday Worship Service- biggest make up of crap ever

cata

HSC
What is THIS!!?? :jedi: That Question wasn't even in the Syllabus!! :spzz:
Although I'd have to say reading time was the funniest ever! :rofl:
Everyone seemed fine at first, then here we go... once we turned to Section 3, i looked around and saw the people around me...soo much mouths dropped & eyes wide open, trying to communicate to each other about the demon question. Mouthing the words "wtf". *sigh* that was hilarious!

I did Christianity for my one & since i didn't have a clue on whether it was suppose to be a "practice/ethic/person" question i just PREACHED all i knew about my faith & bulled my way through! :jump: YAY that was fun & funny!
But my teacher said that it was like a mixture of everything we've learned so i guess we had to merge the topics together?

THANKS Board Of Studies for THROWING US OFF with the most conroversial question!

Schoey93

HSC

Get over it. At uni a lot of subjects have no syllabus.

goliwog

HSC
Get over it. At uni a lot of subjects have no syllabus
true but uni is very different ... you dont have to compete with thousands of ppl to get accepted into a course, all you need to do is pass. For example , i just finnished a class called conflict in the 20th century. All you needed to do was pass all up. i had to do two essays and an exam. I scored High distinctions for both essays and went into the exam only needing 1 mark to pass the course (1 out of 40). Thats nothing like the hsc ... who cares if the exam is gay all i need is one mark lol

Last edited:

paul3d

HSC
Yes the question was unreasonable Christianity made no sense so i did Buddhism which had some syllabus dot points but what they asked us to link it to had nothing to do with the Syllabus and what was expressions of Buddhism like different branches

paul3d

HSC
How could we link Meditation to Bioethics, the Board of Studies really stuffed up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)