So what's the best antivirus to download? (1 Viewer)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I currently use Avira but it can't delete this thing called ADSPY/Bho.Cr

Anyone know any better antivirus?

P.S. My newb friend keeps recommending Macafee. I heard it sucked.

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
avg slows down your computer with constant updates
i use avira, although i dont think its that good

lychnobity

HSC
AVG, if not, Kaspersky. Although you should try out Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, usually gets things that some of these programs miss.

breaker123

HSC
N/A
I would use Avast through interface might look a little "Crap" you can always download skins from their website. Avast is great as it provides a solid protection also doesn't consume a lot of your computer resources. if your really worried you might want to dl A-Squared free as a on-demand scanner since it has a really high virus database

HSC
Specking from 1st experience and from what i've gather from people, that AVG is good, but its only good at detecting small virus.... the big ones are the one that are devastating, on AVG ><"

Don;t no much, but i like already breaker123 ideas for an anti-virus for comp :)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Would you guys recommend 2 antiviruses on the same computer?
No, as the two anti-virus programs would clash. You should have one anti-virus program installed on your computer at any one time.

Johanist

HSC
NOD32. All the rest have shitloads of problems IMO, either not a good detector, or using too much RAM.

HSC
these program people talk about are free... any opinion on the paid ones then?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Nod32 or Kaspersky. Both consistently top rankings, are easy on the system resources, and aren't naggy. Avast! if you want something free.

vds700

HSC
I was using AVG free, but there was something it couldn't get rid of, so now I'm using Avast! Seems quite good, like the automatic updates, but the interface is pretty ordinary imo.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
microsoft security essentials runs in the background you can install and forget Love it!! oh and it apparently picks up viruses that even nod32 does not.

fenerli

HSC
microsoft security essentials runs in the background you can install and forget Love it!! oh and it apparently picks up viruses that even nod32 does not.
+1

Very low on resources, free, doesn't bug you, has a nice scheduled scan with an exception if you are using the computer, and it is very effective.

I previously ran Avira Premium (free 12 month trial) which was good, then no anti virus as I couldn't find a decent free one, MSE was the only one that fit the bill since.

Also see: AV-Comparatives

waza_

HSC
I have Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I use Avast for just scanning on potential viruses and use Malwarebytes when my computer is getting attacked by a crazy virus

Both these programs have helped me substantially in the past

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)