Sleep (1 Viewer)

Scinery

HSC
in the holidays ive decided i want to regulate my sleep

I did my half yearlies with a strict powernapping regime, sleeping 20 minutes after school, (using sleep mp3), 20 mins after dinner and 4.5 hours at night. i did really well in halfyearlies

my yearly sleep has been very irreggular, sleeping between 2-13 hours a night, and i didnt do as well.

during the term im usually not good at paying attention in class, due to lack of sleep, but i also get really groggy when i oversleep. nowadays i pretty much consistently take a 1-2 hour siesta after school.

i have no ideal time, no ideal wake time, no ideal sleep time
the only consistency is that IM NOT A MORNING PERSON. i scream at my mum in the morning and tell her falsifications that i dont even remember. i sit in front of the gas heater for 20 minutes even if its not cold. and then i spend 25 minutes in the shower..contemplating my fate. i can only study late at night nowadays...i procrastinate in the afternoon which is why i sleep late.

what do i do? if you can acknowledge your sources that would be great.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Solution: get some sleep.

Yes, you are having one of those 'no shit sherlock' moments.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Continuum said:
Solution: get some sleep.

Yes, you are having one of those 'no shit sherlock' moments.
QFT
I've been sleeping 'til 4:30pm these days (haven't gone to school since exams finished)
I feel better than ever actually, but yeah
Sleep

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I usually can't sleep anymore than like 10 hours. Ever.

Norma.Jean

HSC
Aerath said:
I usually can't sleep anymore than like 10 hours. Ever.
Same...i envy all those people who can sleep for half the day *shakes fist*

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I can sleep at any moment. But I can't sleep for more than 12 hours.

SimonLee13

HSC
I've slept for 14 hours once. I probably would of felt less tired if I had 8 hours. Get a consistent amount of sleep but whats vital, is when you sleep. You need to be asleep 11-5.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
I've slept for 14 hours once. I probably would of felt less tired if I had 8 hours. Get a consistent amount of sleep but whats vital, is when you sleep. You need to be asleep 11-5.
Yeah - I can sleep for 10+ hours but I feel really sluggish.
I try to sleep 6-7 hours a night.

The Kaiser

HSC
Even though I go to bed fairly early (9:30 pm) my Insomnia kicks in and keeps me awake for about 2 - 3 hours, I'd be lucky to get 6-7 hours to be honest.

I've never slept for 10 hours before, how is it?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
i once slept for 36 hours straight.

im trying to do this program where you measure what time your sleep cycle ends 90 minutes,

to time myself and adjust it
so that when the alarm clock rings in the morning,
IM UP!!

(at the end of a sleep cycle in REM sleep, your brain wave activity is very similar to that if you were awake and watching tv),
thus the reason why sometimes when you wake up your completely refreshed,
and other times, even if you've slept 10 hours, your still tired (because you were disturbed in the middle of the cycle).

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
The Kaiser said:
Even though I go to bed fairly early (9:30 pm) my Insomnia kicks in and keeps me awake for about 2 - 3 hours, I'd be lucky to get 6-7 hours to be honest.

I've never slept for 10 hours before, how is it?
Bad. I had 10 hours sleep today (slept at umm... 2 something) and I felt groggy this morning. :(

zzdfa

HSC
I was trying to adapt to the 'uberman' schedule for the first week of my holidays (2hrs/ sleep a day: 20 mins x 6 times a day). Didn't work. Couldn't fall asleep during the day and kept on unconsciously turning off my alarm during my night sleeps.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i have insomnia and only get about 1 to 3 hours a sleep a night and i am use to this (i.e. ive been like this all my life), some people are just like that but i suggest try and get some sleep or learn the art of power naps at lunchtimes and recess i have friends who go to their cars or to the library and sleep during these periods to catch up lols. I have never been able to fall asleep in class lols i don't know how people do it.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
marcquelle said:
i have insomnia and only get about 1 to 3 hours a sleep a night and i am use to this (i.e. ive been like this all my life), some people are just like that but i suggest try and get some sleep or learn the art of power naps at lunchtimes and recess i have friends who go to their cars or to the library and sleep during these periods to catch up lols. I have never been able to fall asleep in class lols i don't know how people do it.
WOW, it must suck to be you...not having more than 3 hours sleep - but I guess you'll be able to cram more studying in :p

morganforrest

HSC
Sleep 8 to 10 hours a night when you feel tired. I like to go to bed at about midnight, get up around 9.

Just be consistent...your body will find a rhythm.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
marcquelle said:
I feel your pain, lol. If I manage to have a power nap (eg sleep for a couple of hours in the arvo) then I won't sleep that whole night :(

Yeah, much like you, I don't know how people fall asleep in class.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Boxxxhead said:
I feel your pain, lol. If I manage to have a power nap (eg sleep for a couple of hours in the arvo) then I won't sleep that whole night :(

Yeah, much like you, I don't know how people fall asleep in class.
LOL, I'm the opposite - I fall asleep easily, sometimes in class :p
It just happens - you lose concentration and you just ... well doze off.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL, I'm the opposite - I fall asleep easily, sometimes in class :p
It just happens - you lose concentration and you just ... well doze off.
Not for me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)