sleep deprivation for HSC students (1 Viewer)

how many hours of sleep do you get per day on average, 08'ers?

• > 12

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 10 - 12

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • 8 - 10

Votes: 91 19.7%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 260 56.3%
  • < 6

Votes: 96 20.8%

• Total voters

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
anytwhere from 10 to 3 hours, depending on my night, work, school load.

doesnt really bother me though. i just get up and get going.

i nap on the bus, in my car, or on the senior area tables if im desperate(/hungover)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
makes sense, but isnt how i role. i get work i feel i need to do done.
i always have the assignments done ahead of time so im not freaking.
(expect for ancient history. bleh)

some nights i dont get home til 8, then i have to eat, then i have to study/hw/pip/exhist

mondays are work nights and i get home at 9.

weekends are gone for me, too much fun to be had, so i work my ass of in the week so i can really enjoy my weekends

i have about 7 on a "normal" school week.
thats plenty. too much sleep can have negative effects on your health apparently, just as much as too little can.

Muz4PM

HSC
I must admit, I wouldn't sleep until I know my work for an assessment, hence why I never leave anything to the last minute, I don't want to go to school on just three hours sleep.

Shoubadoo

HSC
Briq. said:
I'm really sleep deprived all the time. Usually I fall asleep from 12-3am, and wake up at 6-7am. I usually need like 12 hours sleep to function properly.
And I'm nocturnal by nature, too, so school isn't really fun for me =/ I wish there was night schoollllll.
Saame.

According to studies, the amount of sleep hours teenagers should regularly be getting is 8(at least) to 9.
More than 10 hrs= oversleep.

I sleep 10 to sometimes 12 hours on weekends to catch up on the lack of sufficient sleep I get during weekdays.
:]

sasa-o8

HSC
Definitely getting more sleep depreived! On Saturday night I chucked an all nighter.
Sun night I slept at 4:30AM
Mon night I slept at 4AM
Last night slept at 2AM
Tonight must sleep at someshit like 4AM again....gotta study a WHOLE SYLLABUS topc tonight. Fucking hell. Don't leave everything til the last minute, kids!!

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Pretty sure that means you get too much sleep. I normally get to sleep around 12, 12:30 and wake up around 6.

Muz4PM

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I get enough sleep but i wake up tired.
+1

I get about 7-8 hours sleep, which I think is enough, and I feel extremely tired for a while before I finally perk up. I am not a morning person, to say the very least.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
I have trouble getting up, no matter how long I sleep for. ESPECIALLY in winter as its so cosy with flan sheets and doona and cold out of bed. Anyone else have this problem?

Muz4PM

HSC
your.knee said:
I have trouble getting up, no matter how long I sleep for. ESPECIALLY in winter as its so cosy with flan sheets and doona and cold out of bed. Anyone else have this problem?
I do. I think it is only autumn now, I am dreading the really freezing winter mornings, makes a hard task even harder.

HSC
9 hours almost everynight rulin so hard' sleep is amazing would never miss it, my bed/pillow is so comfortable, i hate doing my homework in my room because i think ill just do it on my bed never works out will always snuggle into the best pillow ever lol.

Shoubadoo

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I get enough sleep but i wake up tired.
Mark576 said:
Pretty sure that means you get too much sleep.
Or it could be a sign that Emytaylor needs to more sleep than usual at the moment if she's getting stressed from the vast amount of school work she has to do.
(If you get a good amount of sleep and yet wake up tired, it's normally a result of stress).
We had an expert come in and talk to us about handling stress during the HSC. Oh my, it was funny.

L-esky

HSC
I aim to get at least 7 hours sleep but it usually end up only being about 6.
I start at 8:25 each morning (even though I'm always late because of my bus) and have to be ready for the bus by 8ish so I try and get up at like 6:30-6:45...hasn't been working lately. I just cant get out of bed.
HSC is going to kill me through lack of sleep.

Jess007

HSC
lately ive been falling alseep and then waking up about and hour later and feeling like ive been sleeping for ages, then i look at my phone for the time and its as i said, an hour later. i love that feeling.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
kattty said:
i hate that grogy waked up feeling. =[
So agree with that i wanna wake up by myself rather then been woken up by an alarm

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Shoubadoo said:
Or it could be a sign that Emytaylor needs to more sleep than usual at the moment if she's getting stressed from the vast amount of school work she has to do.
(If you get a good amount of sleep and yet wake up tired, it's normally a result of stress).
We had an expert come in and talk to us about handling stress during the HSC. Oh my, it was funny.
lol me stressed i am like the most chilled out person and least stressed person ever i am one of those people that doesnt stress out much actually i have an assement coming up which i need to get done but i am hardly stressing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)