Sigur Ros tour (merged) (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I remember hearing the first song and going "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with a facial expression cuz of the song and the lighting and everything.

Then near the end, where they had that first "closing song" I was like "OMFG BEST CLOSING SONG EVER !!!!1!1!!1one!!!!1!"

and then they cameb ack and played more and I was thinking "You've gotta be kidding me. No. You'll ruin it :("

But then they played more songs and ended the concert with an arguably better closer....

Bands do not get better live.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
ok am a little late, but i just have to say....
THAT WAS AMAZING
i was blown away. i seriously felt like i melted into the music!
Anyone else sit up in the circle with the drunk father and son?! :p
Man, Untitled 8 from ( ) was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
I almost cried when they played Ny Batteri! It was so emotional for me....
and the ladies who supported/collaborated were great....
my god my god my god.
It is more than 24 hours later and i am still reeling from it.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
ChrisE said:
chris is sad he didnt go but happy that their music is still in recorded form. sounds like the gig was amazing, did they play untitled #1? that song is so tops.
Yep, and it was amazing. I cried just at the part that jonsi stops singing for the first time. It was really, incredibly powerful. Everything was awesome, I just can't get over it. Ny Batteri was probably my favourite aside from Untitled #1 that I knew, but their new stuff stood out so much from everything else. It was stunning.

I'm not gonna download Takk...I'll resist the urge and wait until it's released.

The support confused me a bit...IOTA finished about 10 minutes in and said he had to finish up because they were running late...then we had to wait 40 minutes with that infernal beeping until Amina came on...seemed poorly run. While I'm on Amina...does anybody know where I can download the very last song they played? The one that sounded like an old videogame and the impish looking chick played the handsaw with a drumstick. That was stuck in my head for a long time.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
yeah untitled #1 aka vaka is my fave off (). the ending to glosoli is brilliant.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Yeah, I just had a listen to that track. Glosoli went off live. They had an amazing wall of sound happening in the build up at the end of that song. I just grabbed the tracks of takk off of soulseek and now I know where all the songs I didn't recognise come from :). I'll have to order a copy of the album as soon as I find a source.

Last edited:

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
^^^ Big call, i will have to wait until i can judge since i'm resisting the urge to d/l it until the album is released.

Untitled Track 8 (e.g Popplagid) was the best concert moment of my life. Argh, so good, the drummer, he deserves credit for that final surge!!!

icecreamdisco

HSC
i kinda wish i went...

even though () was kinda shitty and i lost interest in them at that point.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
( ) is my favourite of their albums. While I think that Agaetis Byrjun had better individual songs on it, I thought that ( ) as a whole was much better. Listening through the entire thing really is an experience.

HSC
N/A
i love how the album doesn't even have a real title, that is very deep.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Wish I'd been able to go see them. Got the new album today, haven't listened to it yet though.

houlcroft

Houlcroft
HSC
Sigur Ros was so good!

Awww man was Sigur Ros great! I cannot wait until Takk... is actually released! All the new song sound so good! Very much like Godspeed, with the build-up towards the end then sudden stop. Orgasmic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)