Senior Geography Project (1 Viewer)

samwell

HSC
i did mine on the water quality of Parramatta river took abt 45 pages of work and 5 weeks of tests. The teacher was too lazy to mark it got soo pissed.

kbsb

HSC
Mine was on the division of the epping community by the rail line and the restrictions this has on where the people go for shopping, recreation etc.
was about 30 or so pages long and i got 95%-first in class:)

bayan92

HSC
Mine was on Traffic Volume on Boundary Road in relation to Cherrybrook being a dormitory suburb. I did car counting, surveys and data analysis and got 100%.

thefergmister

HSC
O your all city slickers ME I DID THE ORIGINAL the best, impacts of turkey farming on a place with a population of less than a hundred
90% with shit all effort lol it was 10 pages made up mostly of diagrams ha

onemoreyearxo

HSC
I did mine on Changing Patterns in the Traditional Structure of Families just last semester and managed to get 44/45 and after handing in all the other tidbits (reflection, methodology.. etc.) got 96/100. :) was pretty interesting and fun

Mountain Megz

HSC
I did an excellent SGP of the Human interactions with Tumut River, regaridng the management of the ecosytem, the detrimental effects of the damming of Tumut River, the cold water pollution, introduced species, turbidity, pollution, bank erosion, altered flow regime etc. Itwas 124 pages long! I go 47 out of 50, 94/100 overall, the highest scored in the school for years!
It isn;t a mad rush if you do bits each week, just make sure you save it and have back ups. My computer wiped the whole thing a few days before the due date, apart from fieldwork and photos , I re did it in 4 days! It was really worth the effort! lots of coffee!.:headbang:

Maddie3

HSC
I did my SGP on how the subdivision of land affects farming communities....it was roughly 20 pages long and got full marks for it.....

It involved alot of council research papers....yawn.... it had to be done though.

I took it to the counci rep for our town and she told me it was exact and all the problems in my research is what the council is facing at the moment as they are changing the law due to this problem.
She also told me to come back if i ever discover a solution to suit both sides to the argument.

student08

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking of analysing the relationship between the age difference of siblings and the area from which they come (i.e. do families from wealthier backgrounds have less age difference because they can afford to have more young kids and vice versa?) Or is that a ridiculoud topic? I'm so confused...:confused:

Madz_B

HSC
I got 97% for my SGP (second in the class). I did it on the water quality in Greendale Creek/Curl Culr Lagoon. It was 20 pages long

felixcthecat

HSC
I'm thinking of analysing the relationship between the age difference of siblings and the area from which they come (i.e. do families from wealthier backgrounds have less age difference because they can afford to have more young kids and vice versa?) Or is that a ridiculoud topic? I'm so confused...:confused:
this one sounds pretty interesting! but you'll need quite a big sample population in your surveys
two things that worry me on this topic: (1) i'm not sure about the willingness of strangers to tell you their income range; (2) besides from surveys, what other research techniques can you implement..

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
SGP....omg that was so annoying

i did mine on the econmomic down turn of my town due to the closure of the abatior and mines.
i didn't know that my school was built for 1500 students until i did this but currently we have just over 600.
just when things where looking good for this crap of the town along comes the recession:evilfire:

AlphabetSoup

HSC
this one sounds pretty interesting! but you'll need quite a big sample population in your surveys
two things that worry me on this topic: (1) i'm not sure about the willingness of strangers to tell you their income range; (2) besides from surveys, what other research techniques can you implement..

Hi, yeah, that's me (I got rid of the other account). I totally agree with you, I thought about those things too and so I have changed to society's dependance on different road structures and how they affect the community (i.e. when freeways are blocked there are massive delays, road collapses cause huge problems etc).

Thanks for your feedback though, it's always appreciated!

ri0t

HSC
Hi

I’m in year 11 now, and cannot decide what to do for my SGP? The teacher did say we should try to do something that we would enjoy doing. I was really interested in an oil topic we did in geography in year 10. Can anyone suggest a good topic to do.

Thanks

simplyyme

HSC
I did mine on human impacts in some creek near Canley Vale station O_O i think i got 15/20
pretty good mark considering i procrastinated 4 out of the 6 months we had to do it

elainee

HSC
Hey. I don't know what to do either.
Where does everyone find out where and what they can do it on?

slogs_01

HSC
Hey. I don't know what to do either.
Where does everyone find out where and what they can do it on?
hey there,

In my textbook it tells you all about the SGP in depth and possible topics. the textbook is Global Interactions 1, 2 Ed.

Hope that helps

jackc91

rumpleshit
HSC
ahhh I remember the SGP, major waste of time imo. At my school everybody just makes up primary data and takes a few photos. I did that and got 43/45. There was one guy however did do the first hand research eg)water testing etc and he got 44.

If anyone wants to know my topic was how topographic features and general location affect the patterns of vegetation in an area. Wouldn't recommend it but if u leave it till the last minute its an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)