Senior Geography Project (1 Viewer)

missmurder

HSC
mine was on the airport link... i made a movie... dont ask me why i did that. i dont recommend it... too much effort... 20 out of 30 doesnt suck though... ok it does..

<3

call-me-stocky

HSC
Yeh, the due date for our SGP is for first day back on Term 3. I'm doing,
"Are the facilities and Infastructure of North Beach suffient, and how is this effecting the demography of the AreA"

Becoz North BEach is like a weird little non town with a post office but nothing else, becoz its surrounded by major towns and cities.

Does anyone know where I can get proper SGP layouts or something?

:santa: Merry Christmas.

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
there's a good guide in "Global Interations 1" i think. that's the Kleeman book. as for how i did. i got 19 out of 20. i sent out surveys to councils and collected newspaper articles like 1 or 2 weeks before it was due and did all the report stuff the night before.....a very long night! mine was on urban development and town planning

uberschveinen

HSC
I did an analysis on the water quality of my local creek and the actual and possible causes and consequences of any changes noted. I took measurements of the water quality of the area over the period of three months, both before and after rain, and collected, collated and analysed the results. What I found is that even if everything else is fine, the sheer quantity of phosphate that ends up in a creek thanks to fertiliser runoff is capable of causing explosive algal and weed growth in the entire nearby area, and the complete obliteration of any nonmicrobial animal life that is totally reliant on the creek.

Full marks.

coolkoombaya

HSC
ha my whole class has had about over 2 terms to do the SGP. most of us have just started, its due this coming tuesday.

Stormie

HSC
Im in geography this year and it nearly didnt run...there's only 3 people in our class!!! its sad coz i realli like geo

We got our SGP a couple of weeks ago but none of us have chosen a topic...we might be allowed to do it as a group of 3 but we can't think of a good enough topic for them to let us do it together...it needs to be a lot of work...any suggestions?

felixcthecat

HSC
try to find something that is of interest and preferably easy to access or that has direct impact to the environment/society around your group or maybe school..

topics such as parking, road traffic density, graffitti within a community might be an interesting topic to you, u could always make a simple topic into a lot of work :) but if you want to find lotsa work to start off with, major transport projects such as the lane cove tunnel might be good to investigate ;) that's assuming you live in sydney - doing something more local to yourself should always seem more interesting and keep u working for the few months

nicenathan91

HSC
Hey
I'm in yr 11 at Sydney Boys High and I am doing my SGP now.
I'm doing it on water quality in the Upper Estuary of Parramatta River (the Parramatta River part - not Lane Cove).
I am focussing how land usage on and around the river (urbanisation and development) has changed, the effect this has on the river (dioxin levels, faecal coliforms [yuck], heavy metals and other chemicals in the river), implications of these consequences (e.g. heavy metals in fish can kill fisherman that eat those fish), how these consequences have altered river management (e.g. no more fishing...) and what more can be done.
I am making water samples of the river at several places along it and comparing different readings based on proximity to development, effect of storm water after rain and location relative to river.
Am aiming to get 95%-100%.

Siddhartha

HSC
Nathan, that's going to be really hard to manage - there's too much to do (I'm going to be counting mangroves in Cooks River-

AMorris

HSC
I did quite an easy one. Whether smoking should be banned on [Maroubra, tho any beach will do] beach. And I compared it with Bondi Beach where smoking is already banned. It involved not too much data gathering:

*Surveys - Just asking people what they thought of the idea
*Estimation of litter due to butts - the trickiest part but i tried to count butts in a small area of sand (didn't work out too well but there are probably better ways)
*Emails sent off to local MPs at Local, State and Federal levels (I got a couple of good replies)

It's not that hard an issue to cover and its quite topical (well it was more so back in 05 when I did mine).

And I got something like 22.5/25 i think and lost marks basically cos I didnt put photos or maps in my SGP report (or something like that)

alycerhodes

HSC
hay
i didnt really care about my mark, i leant to much
i got 94%.
did it on the local cemetry
i am now a doctor, and a geographist

i'm pretty mad

ps: one love [for trees]

dreamee

HSC
Currently doing mine. We got a set topic: Discuss the impact of African Migrants in Sydney.

It's really hard... Africa is a tricky continent and African migrants don't exactly get bucketloads of attention everyday on the news.

Need some luck for this...

Siddhartha

HSC
Woah 60 pages and 6000 words is a little over the top - Mines was only 20pages/2000 words on the Impacts upon Mangroves in the Cooks River catchment.

A tip for writing the SGP is to keep your writing as immersed in the third person point of view as possible.

adele23

HSC
excuse me but can u please tel me how i can post my own message cos i dont no how to. thanks

Wintershea

HSC
Hi i have recently been given my assignment sheets for my senior Geography Project and i am unsure what to do. I am stuck as i live a rural area and dont have as many resources. If you could help i would be greatful.:wave:

sarkis90

HSC
my sgp is due tomorow and im doing it on the changing dmographic profile of campsie im aiming 4 a guud mark but not sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)