Semester 2 2008 Spring Results! (1 Viewer)

tubtub

HSC
noob question, but how do you work out what mark you got based on GPA?

Lara1986

HSC
tubtub said:
noob question, but how do you work out what mark you got based on GPA?
You can't figure out exact marks, but you can figure out the various combinations of mark-bands you may have gotten.

I'll use mine as an eg

Last semester, my GPA was 6.071. At that point I had completed 28 units, so the total value of all my grade points was 170 (i.e. GPA x total units completed)

This semester, my GPA has come up as 6.125. So having completed 32 units the total value of all my grade points is 196.

That means that I gained 26 grade points over 4 units this semester.

so 26 / 4 = 6.5 i.e. my GPA for this semester.

Then you just figure out what combinations of grade points could reach the total grade points for the semester. Eg in my case, it's either 3 HDS @ 7 each and 1 Credit @ 5 each or 2 HDs @ 7 each and 2 Ds @ 6 each.

Does that make sense?

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
well just less then 1 day till the results come out, i hope the gpa changes that we see in mysr are true for my sake, i just wish there was a way to reveal the marks hidden behind those star things, just makes me wonder what the hell is being hidden there haha, ohwell not long now, any java geniuses here who can solve this problem before hand? :lol:

peter2

Banned
HSC
Lol,
Did that trick work that I had told all of u last year? BTW that was my trick but I haven't looked into it this year as I am at Mac uni now. Just play along with the links and I am sure you will find it. The results are definately there just the link is hidden. Good luck any way guys for Tomorrow.

Cheers,
Arash

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
peter2 said:
Lol,
Did that trick work that I had told all of u last year? BTW that was my trick but I haven't looked into it this year as I am at Mac uni now. Just play along with the links and I am sure you will find it. The results are definately there just the link is hidden. Good luck any way guys for Tomorrow.

Cheers,
Arash

Dude please tell me, im sure others want to know, i tried playing around with the links but i cant seem to get through it, if u got any ideas plzz let me know ok

cheers.

boris2003

HSC
peter2 said:
Lol,

Cheers,
Arash
You can never be sure that we will find it. Anyone found the right link?

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
boris2003 said:
You can never be sure that we will find it. Anyone found the right link?

Nooo haha, although im curious to find it, it would be handy to know in future :haha:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Found the trick but it wont work this time because unit results show up in MYSR but they have blacked out the new results with **

The trick was
Originally Posted by arashnaebkhil
well this is the trick. since im a nice guy ill tell you people. uws r complete idiots. they may have just released the results earlier it has been working for almost a week.
here is what u do
sign into MySR then paste this into the address box:

javascript:doSubmit('CC_RESULTS')

then hit enter

Your mark things should come up. The idiots left the website with the marks up but just hid the link on the MySR navigation.sign into MySR then paste this into the address box:

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
"This link would normally display grading schema information relating to your grade. However, a grade has not yet been recorded for this unit."

They also removed the box that displayed your GPA

Lara1986

HSC
200018 Law of Associations 85 HIGH DISTINCTIONWell done !
200200 Equity Trusts and Remedies 2 66 CREDIT
200629 Advanced Family Law 86 HIGH DISTINCTIONWell done !
69118 Issues in the Criminal Justice System 92 HIGH DISTINCTION Well done !

Very happy, esp. since i know i got 1st in the Crim unit :)

Annoyed at Equity 2 lol cause that means i did really poorly in the exam, 38/60 and i was hoping for better but ah well it's still a credit :)

Happy about Law of Associations - I didn't get time to do one question in the exam worth 8 marks so based on the marks i got throughout semester pre-exam- i got basically 100% in the bits i actually answered in the exam lol.

Hope you're all happy with your results too :)

RHINO7

HSC
Do lecturers allow you to have your rank? If you asked them politely through an email. Or at least some statistics about the marks and grades for that semester.

Snooty

HSC
200007 Law Foundation 61 PASS
200010 Criminal Law 63 PASS

crapnesss

boris2003

HSC
Lara1986 said:
200018 Law of Associations 85 HIGH DISTINCTIONWell done !
200200 Equity Trusts and Remedies 2 66 CREDIT
200629 Advanced Family Law 86 HIGH DISTINCTIONWell done !
69118 Issues in the Criminal Justice System 92 HIGH DISTINCTION Well done !

Very happy, esp. since i know i got 1st in the Crim unit :)

Annoyed at Equity 2 lol cause that means i did really poorly in the exam, 38/60 and i was hoping for better but ah well it's still a credit :)

Happy about Law of Associations - I didn't get time to do one question in the exam worth 8 marks so based on the marks i got throughout semester pre-exam- i got basically 100% in the bits i actually answered in the exam lol.

Hope you're all happy with your results too :)
Wow, Congratulations. When do you finish your law degee.

My marks:

2008 Spring Session Teaching Calendar:

Statistics for Business 84 - DISTINCTION
Financial Accounting Applications 74 - CREDIT:evilfire:
Management Accounting 80 - DISTINCTION
Introduction to Business Law 79 - DISTINCTION

A lot better than last semester

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
boris2003 said:

My marks:

ill agree with you mate, probably my best semester this year, hope everyone's happy with their marks, and im just relieved the gpa jump for me b4 the marks came out was true, i hope uws do it again haha

Lara1986

HSC
boris2003 said:

My marks:

All things going to plan, I should finish the law degree end of 2009.

I feel for you btw - 84's and 74's suck! I'd so rather get just over a credit than just under a D lol

Lara1986

HSC
RHINO7 said:
Do lecturers allow you to have your rank? If you asked them politely through an email. Or at least some statistics about the marks and grades for that semester.
Depends on the lecturer and whether you know them i guess - I've had no problems finding out my rank from lecturers who knew me. Friends have said that they had difficulty finding out ranks though, but they were from lecturers who didn't know them so perhaps that makes a difference.

ALso - I only have ever asked if i thought i got teh highest mark and wanted to confirm, so not sure how successful you'd be if you were one of 500 students and you weren't top or bottom more or less.

Its worth a try though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)