Sefton high school 99.95? (1 Viewer)

Salayman

HSC
Hi i go to sefton high school and was wondering if anyone knows if getting 99.95 ATAR is a possibility?
Has anyone who attended sefton high school achieved 99.95 or knows of someone who did?

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you come 1st in all your subjects you can get 99.95 (even coming second in a few (as long as the people above you get 95+ in those subs)).

enoilgam

HSC
As long as you come 1st in all your subjects you can get 99.95 (even coming second in a few (as long as the people above you get 95+ in those subs)).
This pretty much. You can get any ATAR at any school provided that you do well enough.

2xL

HSC
Hi i go to sefton high school and was wondering if anyone knows if getting 99.95 ATAR is a possibility?
Has anyone who attended sefton high school achieved 99.95 or knows of someone who did?
Otherwise I'm stuck on a sinking ship.
Lol i know a person who got 99.95 UAI. Close enough for you? Lol.

2xL

HSC
This. If you dominate sefton (hardest part is english cos the teachers mark hard like no tomorrow, and the maths competition is very strong).

such_such

HSC
You will need state ranks as well. There was someone in Sefton who got top 10 in the state for chemistry and physics doing law right now but I think English was around low 90s, high 80s

So basically what they mentioned above.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You will need state ranks as well. There was someone in Sefton who got top 10 in the state for chemistry and physics doing law right now but I think English was around low 90s, high 80s

Not neccesarily, but you'd have to be pretty close in every subject and that's assuming high scaling subjects! Why do you want 99.95 anyway, i'd say 99% of the time anything above 99 will be of little difference to a .95 (see what i did there?) If you are aiming for 99.95, chances are you will be dissapointed so why set your goal THAT high unnecesarily?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Not neccesarily, but you'd have to be pretty close in every subject and that's assuming high scaling subjects! Why do you want 99.95 anyway, i'd say 99% of the time anything above 99 will be of little difference to a .95 (see what i did there?) If you are aiming for 99.95, chances are you will be dissapointed so why set your goal THAT high unnecesarily?
Yeah, so why try?

iBibah

HSC
+1.

It's significantly harder though.
I was just thinking , but correct me if I'm wrong (probs am), but wouldn't it be easier to get a 99.95 at a badly ranked school.

My thought was that, assuming the student is of same ability as a 99.95er at a top school, it would be easier to top your subjects at a badly ranked school due to lack of competition, hence less effort during the year, then all is needed is an all out effort in externals.

This part is wrong too. When your up that high in ATARs, the difference between a 99 and 99.95 is a lot larger than the difference between a 95 and 96.

enoilgam

HSC
Some scholarships and one or two uni courses require it I think.

I was just thinking , but correct me if I'm wrong (probs am), but wouldn't it be easier to get a 99.95 at a badly ranked school.

My thought was that, assuming the student is of same ability as a 99.95er at a top school, it would be easier to top your subjects at a badly ranked school due to lack of competition, hence less effort during the year, then all is needed is an all out effort in externals.
It depends really - at a high ranking school you will have backup if you slightly botch the externals, but none if you go to a low ranking school. Nonetheless though, logically speaking what your saying does make sense. Also, with an ATAR that high, even at a selective school there is still little room for screwing up

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, so why try?
Haha i'm not saying that. 45 people a year (i believe) will get .95 so it's not impossible but i just personally think it'd be better to aim just for 99+ instead so you aren't dissapointed if you "only" manage to get 99.whatever

Some scholarships and one or two uni courses require it I think.
They are the 1% =P

iBibah

HSC
Haha i'm not saying that. 45 people a year (i believe) will get .95 so it's not impossible but i just personally think it'd be better to aim just for 99+ instead so you aren't dissapointed if you "only" manage to get 99.whatever

They are the 1% =P
Oh lol i thought you meant there isnt much difference between 99 and v99.95, my mistake

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely possible, I know a 99.95er from a rank 300 school!

So Sefton, you've got a better rank than that :) Just come 1st internally in everything.

kev-

HSC
you can do it salay! :p As long as you put the commitment and stay motivated, you're on your way!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Oh lol i thought you meant there isnt much difference between 99 and v99.95, my mistake
Well that was what the post said lol, but what i was trying to say is unless you want to do combined med at usyd/whatever other reason you actually do NEED 99.95 that it's probably not a good idea to aim for that.

Let's be honest, a 99.95er should be able to top (or in some circumstances almost top) their subjects regardless of what school they go to.

barbernator

HSC
sure there are like 1 or 2 scholarships that require 99.95, but what is to say the 300 other students that get 99.6-99.9 are of so much less worth. In the long run, 99.95 may be beneficial to 1 course and 1 scholarship, yet if you only get 99.7 or so, your chances of getting other scholarships is very high and you can get into every other uni course.

simskee

Demon
HSC
I only know a person that used to go to Sefton HS and got 99.9/99.95 UAI - got state rankings for chemistry and physics + all-rounder

2xL

HSC

I only know a person that used to go to Sefton HS and got 99.9/99.95 UAI - got state rankings for chemistry and physics + all-rounder
I believe we are talking about the same person.

2xL

HSC
ALSO! , OP, its better if you dont have a one Mr Feofiloff. If you do, sorry but say goodbye to 99.95 LOL. (Can we teacher bash on here?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)