Seeking for Tutoring Centres. (1 Viewer)

Sheldon Cooper

HSC
English, try Ngo and Sons.
Science, try Peak. They are both relatively cheap and they're good tutoring centres near your region.
I am currently tutoring for maths at Ngo and Sons. A lot of pressure and negativity but all in all, an excellent tutoring place.

jnney

lemon
HSC
harrys is around 50$ per lesson

there are heaps of good tutors around cabra area. Peak Science is in canley vale.

in my opinion i dont think an english tutor is necassary. ask your teacher for a lot of practice questions, do them, send them for feedback.

jnney

lemon
HSC
and by the way, dont go to matrix.........that stuff is too over priced.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I recommend Harry's and Drongoski for Maths. :)

Last edited:

xV1P3R

HSC
in my opinion i dont think an english tutor is necassary. ask your teacher for a lot of practice questions, do them, send them for feedback.
I beg to differ. Sure, your teacher is willing to help, but you get to a point where you or your teacher feel that you're asking too many questions.

And for Maths, grab a textbook and just do exercises.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
However for Chem/Physics, Duyen teaches and he has a fobby accent.
N.B. Come to Peak because its cool. =]
OMG! I can not learn from his fobby accent and I quitted like a week ago.
I miss last year's uni students so badly <3
Peak is not cool anymore at all.

Now I need a new tutor...

zhiying

HSC
Nawp, you can message me if you want some info on PEAK. IMO his accent is easily manageable as long as you pay attention, but I had trouble lasting 2:30-6 phys + chem haha. There's nothing wrong with his English, grammar wise, but he writes all his "r" as capitals for some reason O_O

And go Ngo & Sons for math :D I work there so I'm biased but yeah I went there too and they were really good. Not sure about English though since I never gone English tutor

SanjoyM

HSC
I would recommend DUX college - Parramatta or CBD!
Their materials are excellent, SUPERB!
Their teaching style is unique, and incorporates more practicals for science than other coaching colleges!
Since I have joined Dux, my marks have shifted from the band 5 range to High band 6's for Bio and Chem:)

zhiying

HSC
Not having a go at you but how do you know its high band 6?

SanjoyM

HSC
Not having a go at you but how do you know its high band 6?
It's okay:)
Ummm, well a high band 6 is anything above 95% as per the HSC reporting system, and also my school's reporting system!
A high band 5 would be anything above 85% and so on.

zhiying

HSC
Well I'm not sure if you are talking about raw marks or not...but if you raw 95% in Chem (I didn't do Bio) you probably be top 5 in the state...a high 70s would put you into band 6 for chem.

Even if schools say they reflect the difficulty of HSC, in reality they don't, and I went to a top 10 school. It could be just my school but you said you go to a top 200, which means the test will generally be a lot easier

SanjoyM

HSC
Well I'm not sure if you are talking about raw marks or not...but if you raw 95% in Chem (I didn't do Bio) you probably be top 5 in the state...a high 70s would put you into band 6 for chem.

Even if schools say they reflect the difficulty of HSC, in reality they don't, and I went to a top 10 school. It could be just my school but you said you go to a top 200, which means the test will generally be a lot easier
Not the raw marks, my prelim exam marks!
I haven't sat the HSC exams yet - im sitting it this year.
Nope, the exams are not actually that easy, most people get band 4's, only a few high band 5's and 6's.
+ I'm not entirely sure about the rank of my school. Top 100 or 200. LOL
My school usually buys exams that have been catered to suit the level of difficulty of the HSC.

zhiying

HSC
I know you haven't lol... I can read your sig.

I'll assume you mean Independent and the likes, but you can't talk about that in terms of bands really. Also I've never heard of a partial selective Parramatta school and I live in the area lol, all I know is Marist and Arthur Phillips.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm trying the Alpha Omega Branch at Bankstown next week for a trial lesson for Advanced English Year 11 and Year 11 Physics some time soon

EDIT: I'd love to go PEAK but distance is kinda yeah... prefer closer places nowadays...

HSC
Uni Grad
I know you haven't lol... I can read your sig.

I'll assume you mean Independent and the likes, but you can't talk about that in terms of bands really. Also I've never heard of a partial selective Parramatta school and I live in the area lol, all I know is Marist and Arthur Phillips.
Parramatta High School is currently a partially selective school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)