SC mathematics Marathon (2 Viewers)

starryblue

HSC
good luck every1! hopefully, we'll all get band 6's without studying! lol...impossible for me :)

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I don't get why they would make a school certificate exam if they are going to be testing you on year 8 work?
I don't get it either but that's what they do. :/
Except in my year the last question had some sort of geometric series shit that I had no idea about (piss easy, but I had never seen anything remotely similar before the exam)

um, get 85%+ correct ?
are you that dense ?
It's actually probably less than that. Haha

no, to get band 6, its 90+
i got bloody 85%!
5 more man!
So devostated!
but it was okay i guess.
did accelereated maths btw.
(that means i still gota do school cert this year for other subjects) <--- :(
Get out.
It's obviously less than 90% raw.
I didn't answer several questions and I got the whole last page wrong and I got 96. Hahaha

HSC
B(?,3)

sub y=3 into y=x+2
3=x+1
x=2
therefore B(2,3)

C(2,?)
sub x=2 into y=9-x
y=9-2
y=7
therefore C(2,7)

Area = 2 x (7-3)
= 8 units squared

dionb2014

HSC
Well by studied, I have been practicing math everyday for about an hour for the past year. I have done well in the practice test I have done and I feel really confident. I am only doing math as the subject because I'm just in year 9 and accelerated.

zombies

HSC
Well by studied, I have been practicing math everyday for about an hour for the past year. I have done well in the practice test I have done and I feel really confident. I am only doing math as the subject because I'm just in year 9 and accelerated.
every day for an hour..? wow you're dedicated! I think about studying and then I turn my computer on and before I know it, it's already 11pm and I've spend like 5hrs playing video games ._.

HSC
every day for an hour..? wow you're dedicated! I think about studying and then I turn my computer on and before I know it, it's already 11pm and I've spend like 5hrs playing video games ._.
haha, same! except instead of playing video games, I just surf the net... for hours

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Is it possible to somehow obtain a copy of the SC paper after the exam has been completed? I was thinking about getting one and redoing the test at home and posting the answers on here and for my friends, to see how everyone went.

bleakarcher

HSC

Not to discourage you but that is quite a lot. Don't you find it repetitive as I remember when i was in year 9 there was no need to do any more than you did in class. It was all just too much the same. I advise you challenge yourself with questions you are not familiar with.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
(x + 2)^2 > -x
x^2 + 4x + 4 > -x
x^2 + 5x + 4 > 0
(x + 4)(x+1) > 0

x < -4 , x < -1

so x < -4 ?
I'm not really that sure tbh lol
Just plug in a number between -4 and -1, if it suits the equation, then it is -4 < x < -1

If it doesn't suit the equation it has to be x < -4 and x > -1

So say x=-2, then -2^2 - 10 + 4 > 0

Which says 4-10+4 > 0, then -2 > 0

So it's false and x must be less than -4 but also can be greater than -1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)