i got bloody 85%!
5 more man!
So devostated!
but it was okay i guess.
did accelereated maths btw.
(that means i still gota do school cert this year for other subjects) <--- :(

dionb2014

HSC
If I beat any of you guys you should be ashamed as I am a whole year younger. And probs more because I was born in february 97"

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
no, to get band 6, its 90+
i got bloody 85%!
5 more man!
So devostated!
but it was okay i guess.
did accelereated maths btw.
(that means i still gota do school cert this year for other subjects) <--- :(
Not necessarily true.
Getting a band 6 in even Maths is possible with a raw mark from about anywhere between 82 and 89... The cut-off could be in the 80s.
Really depends on the performance of everyone and the BoS's decision for the cut-off mark.

zombies

HSC
If I beat any of you guys you should be ashamed as I am a whole year younger. And probs more because I was born in february 97"
hahahahahahahahhah... i dont really care if you beat me. seriously, it's just the SC.

dionb2014

HSC
Sarah eats a pizza in six minutes. Maria eats the same sized pizza in 12 minutes. How many minutes (as a fraction) will it take them to eat a pizza together.

zombies

HSC
Sarah eats a pizza in six minutes. Maria eats the same sized pizza in 12 minutes. How many minutes (as a fraction) will it take them to eat a pizza together.
Sarah 1minute = 1/6 = 2/12
Maria 1minute = 1/12

therefore together in a minute they eat 3/12 of a pizza which = 1/4 of a pizza therefore it will take 4 minutes.

you ask for a fraction though, did i do something wrong?

Magical Kebab

HSC
Maria 1minute = 1/12

therefore together in a minute they eat 3/12 of a pizza which = 1/4 of a pizza therefore it will take 4 minutes.

seems right, but i remember this question in a past paper...

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Being beat by some one a year under you isn't something to be ashamed of.... just ask my whole district lol. I won my district's year 6 math competition in year 5. Was pretty funny.

dionb2014

HSC
Being beat by some one a year under you isn't something to be ashamed of.... just ask my whole district lol. I won my district's year 6 math competition in year 5. Was pretty funny.
Ashamed was definitely the wrong choice of words. I was merely saying they should not get complacent with the 'easiness' of the questions because it will be embarrassing if someone potentially not as advanced as them at math is to beat them.

zombies

HSC
Ashamed was definitely the wrong choice of words. I was merely saying they should not get complacent with the 'easiness' of the questions because it will be embarrassing if someone potentially not as advanced as them at math is to beat them.
I wouldn't think of it that way. I'd just be like meh. some people are smarter than others. Fact of life =P

starryblue

HSC
Maria 1minute = 1/12

i double confirmed with my nerdy sis that the answer is 4mins

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
First of all good luck SCers 2011! Do not worry, your journey has only begun. I would think you should treat this test seriously and all the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)