SC 2007 - Science (2 Viewers)

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
jellybelly59 said:
alrite ppl... is it decomposition or combustion?... cause ppl said it was a "chemical" reaction but it also stated the catalyst was heat....
The carbonate one in the one word answer section?

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
lol come to think of it that graph one should have been the straight line.

because if the ramp remains at a constant slope, the acceleration would not increase, right? it would be the velocity increasing.

oh well...that makes it 99/100 so far =(

lol.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I wrote combustion just because there was heat xD I didn't think of decomposition T_T

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
ahhliss said:
The carbonate one in the one word answer section?
oh i remember it now. just reading the thread and panicing cos i thought i missed a page lol.

i put 'chemical'...thats why i hate those free responses...cause there are like 80 correct answers but only one CORRECT answer.

flaminwaffle

HSC
that has to be my least favourite science test. i hated some of the questions because they were too ambiguous and horribly worded (i would have thought they checked over the questions for the sc a little more), i cant give any examples now cus... too lazy :p

All in all though, a pretty decent test, thought it was ok. Oh well, i did better than the guy next to me who "finished" an hour before the time ended and then fell asleep...

Oh yeah, and that flowchart question about the copper... i could not work out the logic for that because of the diamonds and what im used to in programming >.> i might get like, one mark there for putting all the components in, but not for having them in the right order :p

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
ahhliss said:
For the acceleration one, I picked the graph where the gradient was 1.

For the question where there were a bunch of waves, what did you pick? I said it had the same energy but different frequency. I just looked and saw 2 had the same amplitude so I was just like meh. I didn't learn about energy.

Also the pie chart about industrial use or something, I worked out 24% o.0 What are you supposed to do there?
Our examiners told us to add "Approximately" in the question with the pie chart.

And I think the "Combustion or Decomposition" is Combustion. Cos i dun think u produce Carbon dioxide in decomposition.

Is ne1 ready to fail GEO/HIS Test? even though u cant fail ¬_¬;;

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
flaminwaffle said:
that has to be my least favourite science test. i hated some of the questions because they were too ambiguous and horribly worded (i would have thought they checked over the questions for the sc a little more), i cant give any examples now cus... too lazy :p

All in all though, a pretty decent test, thought it was ok. Oh well, i did better than the guy next to me who "finished" an hour before the time ended and then fell asleep...

Oh yeah, and that flowchart question about the copper... i could not work out the logic for that because of the diamonds and what im used to in programming >.> i might get like, one mark there for putting all the components in, but not for having them in the right order :p
That flowchat got me lost. In the one they made it had heat. I didn't know what to do. I think I wrote copper in it xD

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ahhliss said:
Also the pie chart about industrial use or something, I worked out 24% o.0 What are you supposed to do there?
I didn't think of bringing a protractor into a science examination, so I was fucked for that question. I divided the graph into quarters and I just put 33% or something. So it's A)26%?

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Fortify said:
Our examiners told us to add "Approximately" in the question with the pie chart.

And I think the "Combustion or Decomposition" is Combustion. Cos i dun think u produce Carbon dioxide in decomposition.

Is ne1 ready to fail GEO/HIS Test? even though u cant fail ¬_¬;;
In decomposition, are the products insoluble?
I'm so dead in geography and history >.<"

Oooooh that question. The booklet said to bring protractors and stuff so I just brought it. I was thinking more of measuring angles of incidence and stuff like that. I wrote 26% but I don't know. It could be a trick?

Lothy

HSC
Aplus said:
I didn't think of bringing a protractor into a science examination, so I was fucked for that question. I divided the graph into quarters and I just put 33% or something. So it's A)26%?
Yeah I think it's A)26%

Didnt need a protractor imo. The size of the field specified looked like a quarter of the pie chart, and 1/4 = 25% so yeah :D

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Lothy said:
Yeah I think it's A)26%

Didnt need a protractor imo. The size of the field specified looked like a quarter of the pie chart, and 1/4 = 25% so yeah :D
Yeah, but being me I had to check :rofl:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
If anyone here did 2005 while studying, could they say whether this one was harder or easier than 2005? I gather it was probably harder.

Dimplez

HSC
Re: Failed

lol I think I did VERY badly in it...the rents aren't gonna be happy

militiaman

HSC
Do we have a definite answer for the decomposition/combustion? I put combustion because it's got oxygen and its got burning, but that doesn't really justify it over decomposition. But yes, the original substance broke down into smaller substances.

Learned people help!

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
jellybelly59 said:
any of u get the waves and frequency one... and actually sure bout ur answer?
I put same energy, different frequency or something. I'm quite sure I was correct.

retarded777

HSC
N/A
militiaman said:
- Light is not a reactant of photosynthesis, right? (It's sort of like burning)
- I put nitrogen oxide from fertiliser was the one from least human activity, though I can see that it could also be methane. I argued against putting methane due to the fact that farming cattle and rice are heavily human activities.
- What graph did you guys put for the acceleration of a ball down a ramp. I had no clue after I thought about it, I think I put the straight line going at a 45 degree angle from (0,0)
- Was it combustion or decomposition in that calcium carbonate reaction?

1.correct
2.i remember that question it was actually comprehension sorta...it was in the text: water vapour...it said that greenhouse gases include:nitrogen oxide, methan, carbon dioxide and water vapour however water vapour is least contributed by human activity
3. i did the one that went way up, curvy one ...but im not too sure
4.cant remember the question

retarded777

HSC
N/A
its thermal decomposition, therefore decomposition---we did a trial same question :D---remembered

Last edited:

jellybelly59

HSC
well.... how would u be able to just put thermal decomposition in dere :( by just placing "decomposition" in dere u dont really get the "thermal" part in dere do u...? + it fits all of the criteria for combustion doesn't it?? ??? someone plz tell me im right... i need some reassurance :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)