SC 2007 - Science (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
kaz1 said:
i put corrosion that proves i got it wrong
I wouldn't say that just yet. COmbustion wouldn't be an answer because product didnt contain water and decomposition wouldn't work as it oversimplifies the equation.
Seriously if anyone put thermal decomposition in their boxes they would get it right.
I think corrosion is correct.

boxhunter91

HSC
Yeh that answer for the industrial sector was 26%. It was the only one that looked correct out of all the choices.
BTW in the section where u had to right the word/number in the boxes. What *C did u put for the question about what is the temperature without the atmosphere. I put 30*C just want to see if u guys put the same.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone.

Does anyone remember the question in the exam that related to the processes involved in producing a chemical or metal substance? I can't particularly remember the name of the chemical, but we had to draw a diagram of the chemical processes that were referenced to in the sources. The diagrams contained rectangles and diamonds and arrows pointing through like a type of flow chart.

Did anyone write anything within the blank diamond?

I didn't, as I didn't think it was necessary. It was confusing though how they put "heat" in the diamond in the source.

*thinks I got it wrong*

zzzz12345

HSC
boxhunter91 said:
I wouldn't say that just yet. COmbustion wouldn't be an answer because product didnt contain water and decomposition wouldn't work as it oversimplifies the equation.
Seriously if anyone put thermal decomposition in their boxes they would get it right.
I think corrosion is correct.
It would have been impossible to put thermal decomposition, there simply weren't enough boxes. I think I had one left after I put decomposition. A corrosion reaction can be seen as:
Metal + Oxygen Gas---> Metal Oxide
Again this reaction requires Oxygen to be one of the reactants. The reaction that was shown did not have Oxygen as a reactant.
Decomposition doesn't oversimplify the reaction. It would more probably be a decomposition reaction because the base equation is:
XY----> X + Y
And with the question (I think it was referring to Copper Carbonate so I'll use that as my example):
Copper Carbonate----> Copper Oxide and Carbon Dioxide
I think it fits the decomposition base equation a lot better than a corrosion or combustion equation, but hey, that's just my thoughts on it.

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
... oh yerh the satellite one.... did any of u have trouble with that?
YES I DID. Omgosh, i was totally confused with the whole labelling of the arrows thing.

LaDySmAn

HSC
Can Some One Tell me

Your Opinion For survey Iam doing! :)

Was Neil Armstrong the first to land on the moon If so Explain your theory ??

Thanx

limecookie

HSC
I am actually really disappointed about my Science result. I got 91, just passed the band 6 borderline. Argh, and i want to be a doctor.. Guess I have a lot of work to do over the next two years :(

Anyway, some of the questions were really tricky! Hey, you know for the question when we had to complete a "labelled" diagram for the life cycle of a toad or sth? Did you actually draw eggs, baby toads, toads? Or did you just write "toads", "baby toads", etc? My friends and I had a mini argument about that after the exam ==

& The arrows! for the space thingy. I was REALLY confused by that! 0.o had no frkin idea! lol

o well, hope you guys all did well.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
BAND 5 BABY!!! wooh!!!!81/100. i swear i fluked this test, on my school report i got 71% with a class average of 56% (in advance class).
no more science for me!!!

t.amin

HSC
militiaman said:
I was really tired during the second half of this.

In the first half I was absolutely pissed because the whole school was having lunch outside our hall, and the noise was so distracting. Thankfully I got a chance to go back through some of these questions.

Multiple choice and the word response section was probably one of the easiest I've seen in terms of required knowledge. Half of the response thing at the end was based on the stimulus book. OK, here's some questions I'm wondering about:

- Light is not a reactant of photosynthesis, right? (It's sort of like burning)
- I put nitrogen oxide from fertiliser was the one from least human activity, though I can see that it could also be methane. I argued against putting methane due to the fact that farming cattle and rice are heavily human activities.
- What graph did you guys put for the acceleration of a ball down a ramp. I had no clue after I thought about it, I think I put the straight line going at a 45 degree angle from (0,0)
- Was it combustion or decomposition in that calcium carbonate reaction?

Anyway the rest of it was fairly easy, shoot a little bull here, shoot a little bull there, probably >90% in this section for me.

Unless I stuffup on a lot of multiple choice (like the ones above) then I should get a band 6.
so what did you get, aye?

t.amin

HSC
limecookie said:
I am actually really disappointed about my Science result. I got 91, just passed the band 6 borderline. Argh, and i want to be a doctor.. Guess I have a lot of work to do over the next two years :(

Anyway, some of the questions were really tricky! Hey, you know for the question when we had to complete a "labelled" diagram for the life cycle of a toad or sth? Did you actually draw eggs, baby toads, toads? Or did you just write "toads", "baby toads", etc? My friends and I had a mini argument about that after the exam ==

& The arrows! for the space thingy. I was REALLY confused by that! 0.o had no frkin idea! lol

o well, hope you guys all did well.
well, i got 92 and i wasn't dissapointed. should i be?
ah well, i've got an excuse, i did sc a year ahead. =)

bored of sc

HSC
to that girl who got 92% accelerated, you beat me, I got 91 - thought this was arguably the hardest school certificate exam, thought I would let my teacher down who basically assured me a band 6, but gosh, after the exam I ruled myself out of getting it, however, i do know they align you upwards so my raw mark was probably only 84-87%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)