Run time errors (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i recently got a new computer from Dell, its only a week old and if it has been on all day when I click on things such as my documents or control panel I get runtime errors? It can't be a memory/processing problem, my old computer was fine and this one is 3.0ghz dual core, 1 gb ram 2mb cache etc. Should I try a system restore? What could be causing this?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Have you installed any crap on it yet? I remember I used to get heaps of runtime errors on one of my old computers... If it's a new Dell, the hard drive should already be prepartioned with a recovery drive (ie. a fresh start). Maybe consider using that?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I would have posted them but its not doing it at the moment...It was something about Windows Explorer...If it does it again I will do a system restore but I havent installed much on it yet, only firefox and MSN i think

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
The best way to fix it would be to ring up a Dell technician. Its best not to do anything to drastic other then reinstalling ur OS. If you take your computer apart you could void the warranty, and if it is a hardware problem they might think that youve fiddled around not knowing what you are doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)