Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

Black Heart

HSC
Please, please unpack your baskets when your at a big register and an express register. It's rude and I will unpack EVERYTHING before I start scanning a single item (yes, that includes baskets where you have managed to stuff 50 items into it). Suprisingly, when I start to unpack some baskets, the customer sometimes starts to help too.

TheStallion

HSC
Don't ask me where the lollies are when you can clearly see that I work in the dairy section.

John0

HSC
We have closing times for a reason, I’m not opening up the shop after locking up and counting all the cash just so you can buy a little bottle of booze that’s worth less then $5. Complaining about this and watching me while I lock the last door is just retarded and slightly creepy....

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC
when i worked in grocery i didnt care if people asked me where perishable stuff was - After a while you know where everything in the store is anyway...thats what I found.... as long as theyre polite there is no problem in asking someone where something is...

although checkout people dont get this...half the time they dont try to learn where anything is (sorry if anyone is a checkout person that knows where things in the store are - at my old store i think i met one checkout person who knew where stuff was...all the others had NO idea)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
seriously guys
unpack your baskets if we're busy. it shits me when people just chuck their baskets down even though they had plentyyyyyyy of time to unpack. fuck.

also, what is with the fucking trend of people getting me to put shit into plastics bags and then putting those bags in green bags!!!

o.m.g. die cunts

C

copkiller

also, what is with the fucking trend of people getting me to put shit into plastics bags and then putting those bags in green bags!!!
The green bags are easier to carry, but the free plastic bags are good to have too because you can re-use them as free bin liners.

Kiim2507

HSC
when i worked in grocery i didnt care if people asked me where perishable stuff was - After a while you know where everything in the store is anyway...thats what I found.... as long as theyre polite there is no problem in asking someone where something is...

although checkout people dont get this...half the time they dont try to learn where anything is (sorry if anyone is a checkout person that knows where things in the store are - at my old store i think i met one checkout person who knew where stuff was...all the others had NO idea)

Haha I use to work on checkout and I had no idea where anything was but I only worked one day a week and it wasn't my local store

t-rav_123

HSC
Rules for customers shopping in Produce...
  1. When you drop something on the ground pick it up, otherwise i only have to
  2. Things that are in the fridge are supposed to stay in the fridge, if you take them out and decide you dont want it put it back in the fridge
  3. when you go ratting through the apples for one dont mess them completly up they are so annoying to straighten up
  4. when we have grapes i dont give a shit if you eat them its not my money just dont drop them on the ground and pretend you dont have them because the next old lady to walk thru will slip and hurt herself
  5. if you break the bag dont leave them all drapped over the display use the bins provided.
  6. if you happen to find some rotten or bruised fruit or damage something put it in the bins
  7. after you eat your KFC or finish your GJ, dont put your rubbish in the bins clearly labelled PRODUCE WASTE ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. no i dont give a shit what you think about how long this apple has been in cold storage because we cant control it
  9. our floor does get dirty and needs sweeping. when i do sweep, dont crack lame jokes about how you can come round to mine when your finished lovey when i dont even sweep at home
  10. and last but surely not least, dont ruin my fucking nice neat displays after i have just filled it because it gives me the fucking shits
Feel free to add on fellow produce workers as there are many more to add....

HSC
If someone is wearing a trainee badge, they are new, and very probably nervous. Don't be a jackass and ride them over every mistake that they make.

HSC
I know where stuff is! But I do tickets, so you'd expect me to :haha:

groovygirl

HSC
its like i do unpack thier baskets, when they are being to lazy to put them into the conveyor bely so i have to do it for them, then they start to grad it off me and do it thmeselves or when im placing the items on the conveyor belt for them the say sorry and i say its ok. cos i dont want to have angry customers

Treefeet

HSC
pff weak... if i see that there is no break-able stuff in their basket.. i will just turn it upside down. fucking lazy customers.. it doesnt help, when you are short and you have to stand on ur tippy toes to get the items out of the basket. but after i do this, the customers just look at me.. so i look back.. i havent had anyone say anything yet, but im sure ill get one, one day.. and boy will they get the rude end of my stick :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
pff weak... if i see that there is no break-able stuff in their basket.. i will just turn it upside down. fucking lazy customers.. it doesnt help, when you are short and you have to stand on ur tippy toes to get the items out of the basket. but after i do this, the customers just look at me.. so i look back.. i havent had anyone say anything yet, but im sure ill get one, one day.. and boy will they get the rude end of my stick :p
You gotta turn the belt off though, cause as soon as the basket moves the belt will start moving and the next persons stuff is right there, and there is no room whatsoever then lol

izzy88

HSC
I do this as well. If they're just standing around, they can unpack their basket (its much quicker if they do it whilst they are in the queue) otherwise i'll turn it on its side/upside down.

Treefeet

HSC
Especially if they only have canned tuna or dog/cat food.. takes more time to take it out of the basket... yet if its on the belt. you can just slide them all through at a faster rate :p

groovygirl

HSC
im short and cant reach far fromt he conveyor belt, only whens its heaps busy they just dump it on conveyor belt and make me unpack it when its im working late on the cashiers they do it them selves but some customers just EXPECT me to do it for them because "its my job"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)