Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

ism

HSC
N/A
If its 10:30 at night, and there are no other customers in the deli, there is obviously no need to take a number.

Get fucked I won't dice your fetta/ham/chicken breast for you.

We have 7 different types of ham, asking for "a handful of ham" makes you look like a moron.

If you piss me off, I will tear a hole in the bag when I am wrapping it so it dries out/leaks. I will have the last say, fucker.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Then I had this old lady who was screeching at me because something scanned at $20 (it was an alarm clock or something) and she was adament that it was only $7.50... she took someone from grocery over to where she apparently found it... apparently it was sitting on a shelf with the boxes of chocolate which were $7.50, hence, logically the alarm clock must also be that price :rolleyes:
Hahahahh, how freaking stupid can you get... it shits me as well how people dump stuff everywhere where is shouldn't be. I don't work in a supermarket but all the time I see stock that has been dumped by people who decide they don't want it anymore, only they're too lazy to walk a few extra metres and put it back where they came from, so they just leave it on the shelf they're at or even worse by the checkouts. But worse than that is people leaving their fucking rubbish in the store. OMG SELFISH LAZY RETARDS!!! People who do that need to be shot, I'm sure supermarket employees have 723 better/more important things they need to be doing than cleaning up your shit.
[/rant] heh and i don't even work in customer service

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
in reguards to dumping stuff they dont wnat

the people who dump a whole cooked chicken in the nappie isle
or chicken drumsticks from the deli in the chips isle
like..if its cold..atleast dump it in the freezer or fridge
that shits me soo bad

klh

HSC
sometimes you can get the prices worng becoz its not labelled on th elabel properly and the sign justs says assort. pants or something like that.
i bought some pants and it was on the sale part but when i got there is was different. my mum [yes i shopwith my mother, it s the only way...] demanded them a reason and its was becoz someone else put it there and that this was normal pricing, which i happily paid for.

waterfowl

HSC
Oh my gosh I hate people who dump their rubbish! Like it's so hard to carry your rubbish a little further to a bin. I mean I hate it when people hand their rubbish to me to put in the bin, but I'd rather they do that than leave it on the shelves for me to find later.

And people who just put stuff back on the wrong shelves cause they're too lazy to put it back where they belong...geez stop being so lazy! It's not too hard to walk that little bit further...or at least put it on the counter so we can put it back where it belongs, as opposed to finding it hidden in some obscure place later.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
there is at the service desk
and people shouldnt be eating and drinking in department stores
i dont know if its an actual rule
i dont think so..because they dont seem to care

HSC
waterfowl said:
Oh my gosh I hate people who dump their rubbish! Like it's so hard to carry your rubbish a little further to a bin. I mean I hate it when people hand their rubbish to me to put in the bin, but I'd rather they do that than leave it on the shelves for me to find later.

And people who just put stuff back on the wrong shelves cause they're too lazy to put it back where they belong...geez stop being so lazy! It's not too hard to walk that little bit further...or at least put it on the counter so we can put it back where it belongs, as opposed to finding it hidden in some obscure place late
r.
lol i agree... i found freakin fresh cream in with the flour once

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
yenta said:
Is it that difficult to hold onto it until you get out of the store????
Obviously it is, otherwise there wouldn't be rubish issues.

chepas

HSC
steph@nie said:
Yes, but you can avoid voiding anything if the customer just signs the coupon docket and allows you to resell the item to them. That way you don't have the stock and they have a receipt until they come back weeks later with the original receipt in hand, asking for a refund.
Point. But like you said, they are likely to get all "No, I'm not signing that" on you and all stroppy, at which point Void Previous is the only saviour.

On registers, I don't mind customers so much. Except for those ones that stand there and sigh because the floor people take so long to come down and then say to you, "oh I know it's not your fault dear".
At our store they probably have a cause to complain about because none of our floor people really give a shit! Hence are slow. (With good reason, it's a hole. Not just the store, but the suburb and its clientele!). Though even register staff get huffy after a while when we go "Would you mind if I served the next person while we're waiting?" - No, go ahead - and we serve about 6 people in the time it takes them to back. Meanwhile the customer stands there and you can see the progression of mood in their faces.

Oh and those ones that come up with 40 million things and want price checks on all of them before they decide...
That's were I go "I'm sorry, I cannot do price checks on the register. The nearest price check points are over yonder in Shoes and one just near the cosmetics counter". Though luckily, when I'm on regs, I have a supervisor logon number so if I'm trapped into doing their stupid price check for clearly marked clearance stock I can void-total without the damn key and wasting rostered supervisor's time.

hangers that you really can't be bothered taking out, and then after you're done folding them so that they will fit in bags, they say.. "I don't want the hangers thankyou".
Groan! Though I like it when people have lots and lots and lots of clothes, that they either come up with all the coathangers off, or help you take them off. Life is a lot easier and faster for both of us! But then you get the people who do that 'sigh' thing you mention, and watch us painstakingly fight with that stupid batman pyjama set little Clancy needs for his birthday, while they stand there arms crossed, continually scanning the Amex wondering why it's not working...

waterfowl said:
...people who dump their rubbish...
Rubbish is endemic too. Especially when mothers leave pooey nappies in the bins of the vacant registers. That was a nice surprise... But also when they spot your teeny little bin, hand you tissues and stuff and go "Ooh, is that your bin can you put it in for me?". Eww no.

go swans said:
lol i agree... i found freakin fresh cream in with the flour once
Guess what I found last Sunday. A kid peeing in front of the XBox machine near Sound Bar/Layby. And who had to mop it up because there were no floor staff to speak of?

I win.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
If you are a tight-ass bitch, don't come asking for "a cheap aftershave under $50" in brands like Hugo or Ralph Lauren. This junkie lady came to me and was a) rude as hell b) had BAD breath and c) had her annoying kids knocking down tables and touching perfumes with their grease-stained hands.

Anyhow, she comes up to me and was like: "I'm looking for something for my husband"
Me: Ok, how about this *shows her fragrance*
Her: Nah perfume is too expensive. I want an aftershave
Me: *shows her aftershave*
Her: Nah I want something under $50 and in a gift pack.
Me: I'm sorry but there is rarely any gift packs with just aftershave, they only come with a fragrance.
Her: Nah. Too expensive.

So after 20mins of her walking around to every bottle (not to mention mess up the shelves and throwing those cards everywhere) I just gave up and walked away to help other people. Then she kept coming back to me and just interupting and asking me how much things are even after I explained that prices are printed clearly on the lists next to every brand. She finally left with a deoderant that costs about $55. Knob.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Last new years eve at my parents shop (which is extremely busy on NYE) we were so busy people were standing to eat their pizzas because we had no seats left. They were sitting outside on the concrete eating them. This guy comes up and goes "excuse me, do you realize there are no vacant seats?"... and I just look at him and say "yes".... he says "are you going to do something about it?".... I am like, well, where will I find extra chairs at 4am in the morning in Albury Wodonga on a public holiday?

Another night this drunk guy in a wheelchair comes in and orders a coffee, and he is being really nice and I am helping him... dad whispers to me watch out this dude is a nutter.... then he is swearing about the price of our food (we were just about to close as well)... then he gets me to count out all of his five cent pieces for a slice of pizza, then he accuses me of ripping him off.... so I have to recount it for him.... then he says the pizza is shit and asks for salt and pepper.... then he asks if we have fresh coriander... I am like WTF this is a pizza shop..... but I was being very polite.... then the dude starts swearing at me because we don't have disabled toilets.... we actually do have ramps, but the door frames are too narrow for a wheelchair.... he like calls me a whore and all this stuff.... in front of my dad hahaha.... big mistake. Dad blows up and tells him what right does he have to call someone who has done nothing but try and be nice and helpful rude names... the guy then starts ranting about how he is disabled.... and continues to abuse me and swear at me..... so dad just wheels him straight out the door.... the guy is yelling and ranting at dad about how it is discrimination lol.... dad is just like "mate you're socially disabled, and that's your biggest problem in life... don't come back in here".... then five minutes later he comes back in when dad is out the back in the store room. He is like "I'm really sorry could you please call me a disabled taxi...." I just wanted to get rid of this guy so I did.... but I told him he would have to wait outside for it. Then when the taxi comes, the guy apparently is a known trouble maker and the taxi driver wouldn't transport him until he showed that he had enough money.... which he didn't....

I have so many horror customer stories....

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
Um eww! I was at work the other day and this guy (WHO WAS MARRIED cus he told me on several occasions) was trying to crack onto me or something! It was very uncomfortable. I dont want to be rude or anything but eww! He was trying to look at the screen and leaning towards me and I felt so totally violated yuck! I hope i'm not there when he wants to pick up his layby :(

HSC
soha said:
in reguards to dumping stuff they dont wnat
the people who dump a whole cooked chicken in the nappie isle
I HATE THAT.
it's like .. that chicken died for nothing. and it pisses me off.

X

xeuyrawp

braindrainedAsh said:
Last new years eve at my parents shop (which is extremely busy on NYE) we were so busy people were standing to eat their pizzas because we had no seats left. They were sitting outside on the concrete eating them. This guy comes up and goes "excuse me, do you realize there are no vacant seats?"... and I just look at him and say "yes".... he says "are you going to do something about it?".... I am like, well, where will I find extra chairs at 4am in the morning in Albury Wodonga on a public holiday?

Another night this drunk guy in a wheelchair comes in and orders a coffee, and he is being really nice and I am helping him... dad whispers to me watch out this dude is a nutter.... then he is swearing about the price of our food (we were just about to close as well)... then he gets me to count out all of his five cent pieces for a slice of pizza, then he accuses me of ripping him off.... so I have to recount it for him.... then he says the pizza is shit and asks for salt and pepper.... then he asks if we have fresh coriander... I am like WTF this is a pizza shop..... but I was being very polite.... then the dude starts swearing at me because we don't have disabled toilets.... we actually do have ramps, but the door frames are too narrow for a wheelchair.... he like calls me a whore and all this stuff.... in front of my dad hahaha.... big mistake. Dad blows up and tells him what right does he have to call someone who has done nothing but try and be nice and helpful rude names... the guy then starts ranting about how he is disabled.... and continues to abuse me and swear at me..... so dad just wheels him straight out the door.... the guy is yelling and ranting at dad about how it is discrimination lol.... dad is just like "mate you're socially disabled, and that's your biggest problem in life... don't come back in here".... then five minutes later he comes back in when dad is out the back in the store room. He is like "I'm really sorry could you please call me a disabled taxi...." I just wanted to get rid of this guy so I did.... but I told him he would have to wait outside for it. Then when the taxi comes, the guy apparently is a known trouble maker and the taxi driver wouldn't transport him until he showed that he had enough money.... which he didn't....

I have so many horror customer stories....
hahah, that's so good. I know a guy who owns a knife shop in the US, and one day this goth kid about 13 years old runs in going "I need a knife! I need a knife" who gets the reply "you can't buy a knife, you're not old enough" - "well can you lend me one then" - "no, sorry..." - the kid runs out.

5 mins later, the kid runs back holding an older goth by the elbow. The older goth looks really uncomfortable and is going red. Goth kid asks for help, the owner walks around to see what happened- the older goth had put an industrial zip-tie around his neck, as some kind of rebelious fashion statement, but it'd obviously been tightened. The owner cuts off the zip tie and calls an ambulance. Silly little americans. :rolleyes:

kirabolton

HSC
Mmm i love this post.

I once had this customer who was paying with a credit card but the sig. on the back had wiped off, and he just smiled, flashed me the card and goes 'oh don't worry i'm not stealing' and ran off...i wanted to shoot him in the foot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)