Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
another thing (done b4, but just 2 drill the point into u customers!!!)

i am a CHECKOUT OPERATOR, which is, level 1, funnilly enough i DONT set the prices, futher, dont complain about the prices, THEN say u can get it cheaper somewhere else, then still shop here, i'm sorry, but prices can be set to watever we like, U DONT HAVE 2 SHOP HERE

HSC
townie said:
another thing (done b4, but just 2 drill the point into u customers!!!)

i am a CHECKOUT OPERATOR, which is, level 1, funnilly enough i DONT set the prices, futher, dont complain about the prices, THEN say u can get it cheaper somewhere else, then still shop here, i'm sorry, but prices can be set to watever we like, U DONT HAVE 2 SHOP HERE
omg true true true!! last night i was on and this guy bought a case of spirits.. and the price was $90. AND HE GOES OH KNOCK 10 OFF WILL YAH? its like yeh sure ill just lose my job for u. assshole. Ill knock his head off before i knock ten bux off his case..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
go_swans said:
omg true true true!! last night i was on and this guy bought a case of spirits.. and the price was $90. AND HE GOES OH KNOCK 10 OFF WILL YAH? its like yeh sure ill just lose my job for u. assshole. Ill knock his head off before i knock ten bux off his case..
do u work in liquor! yay! i found a liquor brethen!

HSC
townie said:
do u work in liquor! yay! i found a liquor brethen!
well our supermarket is small.. so its supermarket + liquor.. so yeh i guess i work in liquor too!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
chepas said:
^ You get comments of encouragement? Wow, we're dying of lack of appreciation in retail... :(
Yeah but you cant really compare because once your customer buys something, they are out of there and half the time someone isnt even looking to buy. Like even if its busy, customers in a retail shop dont really feel it to say, take your time or your doing well or whatever because apart from the purchase at the register or some assistance with sizes, they dont really expect you to be at their service. Whereas for us, we are stuck with the same customers/they are stuck with the same waiters for a good couple of hours and you keep going back to them constantly having to give them service so if its busy and things are taking longer than usual they are affected. If that makes sense. It just puts you at ease that they appreciate that you are busting your arses for them and it will usually make you be more efficient with that table in the end anyway so its win win.

Saying that i'm always very polite to all workers in retail because i know how much customers can be a bitch to handle, if they are nice, they deserve it.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Oh god today it was really busy and it was the end of my shift... I put up my sign and was serving the last few people in my line, and the supervisor was coming down to count my till..... then people kept on putting stuff up on my register even though my sign was up.... I said to one guy "sorry I'm closed" and he goes "well work some overtime bitch".... delightful. My supervisor came and took over to serve him and let me go home because I was supposed to have finished 20 minutes earlier... how rude eh? Like don't people understand that you have to go home at some stage. It isn't the individual on the registers fault that the lines are huge, it is either the managements fault for not putting on enough staff... or nobody's fault in the case today, every register was open, it was just insanely busy.
You must have the worst job ever! I've read so many of your horror work stories I don't know how you put up with it, whereabouts do you work? (which suburb?) cos it sounds like where you are there are a lot of dodgy people

pushthebutton

on the checkouts the other day and I overheard some guy say to a workmate "I think signing for items bought by credit card is a stupid idea."

No it isn't.

Moron.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
townie said:
i know it's been said b4, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if i have my hand out, waiting for ur money, DONT plonk it on the table, because i never, EVER do that 2 u.

even if my hand isnt out....yet....is it so hard to hold onto ur cash for 8 more seconds, ffs
omg yes i was thinking this the other day when about 20 people did it to me.. its so rude

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
it gets real annoying when ppl come over to your register and say:
-u look bored, this'll give u something to do
-your not doing anything
-u looked lonely
-trying to hide were you?
no i am not bored. i'm annoyed. and damn. it's not my fault i'm short.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
moffat said:
it gets real annoying when ppl come over to your register and say:
-u look bored, this'll give u something to do
-your not doing anything
-u looked lonely
-trying to hide were you?
no i am not bored. i'm annoyed. and damn. it's not my fault i'm short.
lol
yeah it shits me
or when they come thu express and 4 people are standing there
and they are like hm which one should i choose
and then choose me
dammit

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
One rule for co-workers

THE CUSTOMERS DON'T CARE IF YOU WALK OUT OF THE BACK ROOM AND ANNOUNCE YOU JUST POPPED A PIMPLE! EW!

For that matter, I really don't want to know either, but still. YOU SAID THAT TO TOTAL STRANGERS.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Josie said:
One rule for co-workers

THE CUSTOMERS DON'T CARE IF YOU WALK OUT OF THE BACK ROOM AND ANNOUNCE YOU JUST POPPED A PIMPLE! EW!

For that matter, I really don't want to know either, but still. YOU SAID THAT TO TOTAL STRANGERS.
Um, eww? You work with weird people ~..^

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Only one.... and she's being told today not to come back again :D YAY.

chrissie_t

HSC
Try and avoid holding your coins in your hand for a long time, especially in summer. there is simething incredibly gross about warm, sweaty money.

On Saturday we were incredibly busy. Large amount of poeple everywhere. I was going faster then I usually do and for some reason I kept getting full trolly loads where as the two other registers near me were getting half trolley loads and baskets oh and I also had a woman who forgot her pin code...
Anyway a woman turned to the guy I was serving and said "Seems like we chose the wrong line, everyone else seems to be getting served but us." When I was getting the full trolley loads compared to others. Well duh lady! Who would have guessed the more people want to buy the longer it will take!
So she moved over to the register next to me....which happened to be used by a guy who had started that day. 3 full trolley loads later, she was still being served. Serves her right.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i hate it when customers complain about us being understaffed

when we are not
its actually because they all shop at once..etc

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
soha said:
i hate it when customers complain about us being understaffed

when we are not
its actually because they all shop at once..etc
wenever my supervisors get told off for long service, my service supervisor just goes

"actually sir/madam, my FIRST job is doing refunds and admin, i dont HAVE to be serving, but i do"

i hate it wen it's busy, so i go faster, then stuff up more....and dont complain about service, maybe if customers were NICER there would be more staff

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
--If you're a wog plz dont come through my register (highly unlikely at Chullora but anyway)
--Plz dont speak to me if you cant speak English (!!!)
--I am working cus I have to complete my traineeship, not to be your slave
--If you have enviro bags PLZ PLZ PLZ give them to me BEFORE i pack your fucking bag!

I think all of these have been mentioned but just posting em up again :)

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
--If you're a wog plz dont come through my register (highly unlikely at Chullora but anyway)
Do you work in Chullora?!?! I used to live there!! (not that exciting, but considering the size of chullora....

Whereabouts? Dick Smith?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)