Rules for Customers (3 Viewers)

X

xeuyrawp

kirabolton said:
Mmm i love this post.

I once had this customer who was paying with a credit card but the sig. on the back had wiped off, and he just smiled, flashed me the card and goes 'oh don't worry i'm not stealing' and ran off...i wanted to shoot him in the foot
That's why I always make sure me and other people swipe the cards themselves, then give them back after the signature has been checked and the sale approved.

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
yenta said:
Is it that difficult to hold onto it until you get out of the store????
thought u were talking about sumthin else there...there's been a few little kids who couldn't hold on to it until they got to the bathroom...damn...its happened about 3 times in the 2 years i've worked at kmart. u hear a little kid crying. u look over..see a giant puddle. an annoyed checkout chick and a sheepish-looking mum.
another annoyance is when ppl have a half drinken can/cup and they just leave it on ur register and walk off...and u try to call em back..to throw it away.and they keep going. and i hate when they ask if they can put their food rubbish in our personal bins under our registers...coz we'd have to stand there for 4 hours smelling their rotting left over hot food..and thats disgusting. so i tell them to use the bin outside.and they flare as if theyre being really put out by having to walk 3 metres to another bin.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
today I served a customer and she was finalising her layby and had to sign this docket thingo. She went into a fir when i asked her saying it was illegal and she wanted to sight the goods first. I ave her a major dirty and got her itmes and THEN she goes and has a bitch to the store manager and he rings me up saying i should be more "considerate" what-ever

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
today I served a customer and she was finalising her layby and had to sign this docket thingo. She went into a fir when i asked her saying it was illegal and she wanted to sight the goods first. I ave her a major dirty and got her itmes and THEN she goes and has a bitch to the store manager and he rings me up saying i should be more "considerate" what-ever
that kinda happen to me when this guy made a complaint saying i was rude becoz i was reluctant to phone up and check if his already discounted shoes were further discounted becoz sumone may have placed them under the wrong price ticket. he actually waited in the giant queue to complain to the service desk. then the manager asked to talk to me and i was calm and rationale. whilst he was crazy. so she agreed that he was just another whiny customer.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Today I had this bitch woman who wanted 400 cash out. I didn't have barely any money in my till because I had just opened and someone had already got a large cash out. She had already been a bitch when I said hello etc by just ignoring me. She hadn't even been waiting very long at all, only about 2 mins. So I tell her that I can't do her cash out, I don't have enough money in the till you can do it at the service desk. She cuts me off and just goes "So"... and I was like "sorry?"... she goes "so" and I just look confused... she snaps "aren't you going to go and get someone to bring the money so I can do it"... I explain that I can't do that, the register will be out.... I explain to her if she just goes to the service desk then they will do it for her. Then she asks to speak to someone else, so I have to call someone from the service desk to explain this to the bitch.

Imagine being a bitch every day of your life and never smiling.... what a horrible life that would be.

X

xeuyrawp

braindrainedAsh said:
Today I had this bitch woman who wanted 400 cash out. I didn't have barely any money in my till because I had just opened and someone had already got a large cash out. She had already been a bitch when I said hello etc by just ignoring me. She hadn't even been waiting very long at all, only about 2 mins. So I tell her that I can't do her cash out, I don't have enough money in the till you can do it at the service desk. She cuts me off and just goes "So"... and I was like "sorry?"... she goes "so" and I just look confused... she snaps "aren't you going to go and get someone to bring the money so I can do it"... I explain that I can't do that, the register will be out.... I explain to her if she just goes to the service desk then they will do it for her. Then she asks to speak to someone else, so I have to call someone from the service desk to explain this to the bitch.

Imagine being a bitch every day of your life and never smiling.... what a horrible life that would be.
Yeah, I hate the bitchy customers that take it out on you.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
yeah after serving so many bitchy people i have taken a real effort not to be one...its just easier to be nice !

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
when I tell you that you can't have a refund on hair dye that you bought two weeks ago/that it's not clearance/that you can't use your discount card on 15% off storewide/ that the top and pants that you've got are not a set/ that the $30 dvd is not $5 just because it has a sticker on it.. then I mean it and going above me to talk to a supervisor or a manager is NOT going to get you any further.

X

xeuyrawp

steph@nie said:
when I tell you that you can't have a refund on hair dye that you bought two weeks ago/that it's not clearance/that you can't use your discount card on 15% off storewide/ that the top and pants that you've got are not a set/ that the $30 dvd is not $5 just because it has a sticker on it.. then I mean it and going above me to talk to a supervisor or a manager is NOT going to get you any further.
I love the "I want to talk to the manager, you're clearly useless," BS.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
PwarYuex said:
I love the "I want to talk to the manager, you're clearly useless," BS.
yeh, it's always funny on arline USA and their like "i wanna talk to somebody higher than u"

and the airline person is like "i am the highest person here" bahahaha

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
dont get the shits at me and huff and roll your eyes that there is no table for you when you havent booked just because "there is only two of us, are you telling me that you cant fit TWO people in?" OBVIOUSLY NOT, do you think i would turn back customers by choice... yes there is a free table over there but that is booked. Next time book you fuckwits and then you will be guaranteed a seat, yes maybe most weekends you can get a table as a walkin, but for some reason we are completely booked out so get over it and find another restaurant.

If you havent booked, and we give you a table anyway telling you that, "you can sit here but there is a booking coming in at 7.30 so you have to be out by then, dont give me a dirty when i give you your bill at 7:25 when you are just sipping your wine having a nice and dandy chat when you have clearly finished your desert.

Stop using those bloody entertainment cards, they are a pain in the arse!!!!!

Yes we charge cakage, get over it.

I took the order right, the kitchen made a mistake, dont give me attitude.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

*~Dazed~* said:
dont get the shits at me and huff and roll your eyes that there is no table for you when you havent booked just because "there is only two of us, are you telling me that you cant fit TWO people in?" OBVIOUSLY NOT, do you think i would turn back customers by choice... yes there is a free table over there but that is booked. Next time book you fuckwits and then you will be guaranteed a seat, yes maybe most weekends you can get a table as a walkin, but for some reason we are completely booked out so get over it and find another restaurant.

If you havent booked, and we give you a table anyway telling you that, "you can sit here but there is a booking coming in at 7.30 so you have to be out by then, dont give me a dirty when i give you your bill at 7:25 when you are just sipping your wine having a nice and dandy chat when you have clearly finished your desert.

Stop using those bloody entertainment cards, they are a pain in the arse!!!!!

Yes we charge cakage, get over it.

I took the order right, the kitchen made a mistake, dont give me attitude.
Ohh... *shudders* sounds like a restaurant *shudders* I worked in a catering place that was a Cafe, and that was terrible, SO terrible. Rich north shore women giving me attitude.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
haha sure is a restaurant. Sucks when you are completely packed out with not one table to spare.. even if everything is under control it feels like it isnt.

It's busy, i'm stressed, i'm doing my best, i TRULY appreciate every "can i just have another glass of chardonay when you are ready" or "no thats fine darling, i understand your busy" or "that's fine, we are alright take your time" when i appologise for the wait and "wow you are heaps busy tonight arent you, your doing a good job" and the genuine "thank-yous" followed by a smile and any little joke you crack to lighten the mood such as "you should tell your boss we told him you should be paid more" or "you can have the rest of our wine, looks like you need it :p "and in particular "thank you everything was great" even though i didnt cook, when you are paying your bill. So yeah any variation of those comments IS appreciated so make an effort, and when your waitress/waiter thanks you or smiles or looks relieved, 99% of the time they mean it!

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
^ You get comments of encouragement? Wow, we're dying of lack of appreciation in retail... :(

Another Targé story:
Answering the phone today I had two people ask to be put through to the tamagotchi department and one to the ladies' g-string department. I felt like going "I'm sorry we don't have a tamagotchi/g-string department."

I would love to see signs in the store directing people to such departments.

<--- TAMAGOTCHIS
---> LADIES' G-STRINGS

:p.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I assume they meant the departments that have those items.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i know it's been said b4, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if i have my hand out, waiting for ur money, DONT plonk it on the table, because i never, EVER do that 2 u.

even if my hand isnt out....yet....is it so hard to hold onto ur cash for 8 more seconds, ffs

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Oh god today it was really busy and it was the end of my shift... I put up my sign and was serving the last few people in my line, and the supervisor was coming down to count my till..... then people kept on putting stuff up on my register even though my sign was up.... I said to one guy "sorry I'm closed" and he goes "well work some overtime bitch".... delightful. My supervisor came and took over to serve him and let me go home because I was supposed to have finished 20 minutes earlier... how rude eh? Like don't people understand that you have to go home at some stage. It isn't the individual on the registers fault that the lines are huge, it is either the managements fault for not putting on enough staff... or nobody's fault in the case today, every register was open, it was just insanely busy.

HSC
I hate it how customers always complain that you don't take the bill back from them quickly enough, or that you try to take it when they haven't looked at it.

Is there a secret standard time I should wait before I take the bill back?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
I hate it when customers swear at you and accuse you of putting them on hold for 30mins when they've been on hold for 30 seconds. As with customers who dont talk loud enough on the phone.

HSC
townie said:
i know it's been said b4, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, if i have my hand out, waiting for ur money, DONT plonk it on the table, because i never, EVER do that 2 u.

even if my hand isnt out....yet....is it so hard to hold onto ur cash for 8 more seconds, ffs
ohh true! man that pisses me off so much. Its like fuck why do u think i put my hand out..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)