Rules for Customers (5 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
when i ask how ur day was, dont tell me if there's nothing i can say to reduce awkwardness.

me: how are you today?
him: last beer for the night, last $10
me: well, there's always 2morow
him: no, i dont get my pension for another week, so unless i get work, i dont have any money
me: uhhh.............

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I agree as well, that is horrible when you are put in that position, it has happened to me before too.... people should realize that it is just an expression of "niceness".... we really don't want to be burdened with your emotional baggage, that is what lifeline is for.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
I agree as well, that is horrible when you are put in that position, it has happened to me before too.... people should realize that it is just an expression of "niceness".... we really don't want to be burdened with your emotional baggage, that is what lifeline is for.
And kid's helpline. 1800-55-1800

FuQ

Banned
HSC
jumb said:
And kid's helpline. 1800-55-1800
Funny u know all these helplines, u must of had a very disturbed childhood...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
FuQ said:
Funny u know all these helplines, u must of had a very disturbed childhood...
Yeah, I wish they had Simple Plan around when I was growing up.

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
What is it with people who go on a name badge trip with your name... like, hello, you don't know me!!!!

Edit: My mum is terrible.... if anyone's name is "different" or "unique" she has to comment on it "oh that's an interesting name, where does it come from" I always cringe for the checkout chick.
ha! and they act so proud when they say your name too. yeah i used to be a victim of having ppl comment on my interesting name...then i lost my badge and had to wear someone else's and now i get stories about that name..because it's apparently welsh and ppl ask me if i have welsh relatives and things like that..uh..so irrelevent

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
What is it with people who go on a name badge trip with your name... like, hello, you don't know me!!!!

Edit: My mum is terrible.... if anyone's name is "different" or "unique" she has to comment on it "oh that's an interesting name, where does it come from" I always cringe for the checkout chick.
I know!!! People usually say "Thanks rachael" if i help them, which i dont mind cos it means they apreciate me enough to notice my name.....But then there are the customers who say "Hi Rachael, how are you..blah blah...i was wondering, Rachael, if you could help me" - thats a bit different.

Today i lost count of the number of customers who called me "Rach"...and half of them were men who were looking me up, i swear it. Maybe i became hot all of a sudden, cos that has never happened before :confused:

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
and don't you hate how you're forced to wear your badge on your chest...so when the (often male) customer reads your name...he stares directly at your chest...eww

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i hate how, despite having mostly good customers...when u have one bad one, it totally ruins ur entire shift. this total hobo/ druggo looking guy snapped 'HELLO?!' in a real aggressive voice, when i turned around for like 2 seconds, coz he was taking so long to get his money out...and he had one of those nasty hick voices...like that cleatus guy on the simpsons..eww

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I got "HEY! YOUR NAME'S JOSIE!!!"
I was so tempted to reply "HEY!!! YOU CAN READ! GOOD FOR YOU!"

I think I'm going to stick a big sign out the front of HN- "Harvey Norman is seperately franchised. Please do not ask the girl behind the Manchester counter to tell you the price of a dining suite. Alternatively, you could read the ticket for yourself."

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
moffat said:
and don't you hate how you're forced to wear your badge on your chest...so when the (often male) customer reads your name...he stares directly at your chest...eww
Damnit! You're on to us!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
moffat said:
All the fucking time. It's terrible.

don't go shopping on a public holiday. I want to earn my double time and a half in peace, not with a long line of whinging fuckers who all want price checks and can't read.

chepas

HSC
^ Amen!

It's like the whole of damn Sydney came into the store and made the place an even bigger mess than it already was.

I was expecting a nice, docile few hours, and we had the more carefree managers in as well, but no. People really had to refund that baby booster seat that had been sitting under the house for 7 months.

dimsims

HSC
Don’t come and try and chat me up because I never was and never will be interested in a fifty-year-old man with kids.

i had a man with kids with him and i asked him if he was cooking dinner ands he's like yeah want to come over and im like uh no.

Also don't ask me out and then come through my register everyday
uncomfortable!!!

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
i hate rude customers... if you're going to shop on a public holiday... expect long lines... yur not the only person who wants the 'bargain'... i swear people get so angry... it was their choice... if u dont want to waste yur time... dont shop at peak hour... because everybody else has the exact same idea... :chainsaw:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
to all customers in our big w store today: fuck you.

thats what you get when you be rude to me fucking idiots

HSC
I hate the whole repeating bit, a team member next to me was bored so he started using a hammer drill on the desk, and i asked a customer to repeat himself and he got the shits and sigh'ed D: seriously that gives me the shits hard

but saturday i had heaps of patient customers, and im grateful for that

mishka

HSC
N/A
from my days at Kmart...

* when you ring our store, do not tell me you are "on a mobile". I do not care. I will place you in queue just the same as everyone else.

* when the line to toys is engaged, and I politely inform you of this matter, do not complain that "this phone call is going to cost heaps". Once again, I do not care.

* when, a third time, I inform you that toys is busy (due to a 20% sale) and offer to take your details for OUR store to ring YOUR mobile back, do it!! Do not complain that you are in Big W wanting to know if our Buzz Lightyear figurines are cheaper.

* do not ask me for fashion advice. I am employed to clean up the mess YOU make, not to act as a personal consultant.

* do not get stroppy when you ask for a price check at the checkouts and I take ONE minute to walk from the back of the store. Chances are, someone else was asking for my help and took preference over you.

* do NOT ask for a discount on shoes with "scuff marks" on them. One mark on a shoe is not worth $5.

* do NOT take a visibly damaged item to the checkout and then complain that it is damaged when there is CLEARLY more than that one item. Bring it to us on the floor and we will deal with it there.

* do NOT ask us for help on ANYTHING if we are in possession of a bag, purse, wallet or anything else signifying that we are not on shift. We may be in uniform, but it is clear that we are not yet working.

* do NOT wait for us to walk through the main door then pounce on us for help. If you see items as stated above, chances are, we have entered the store to begin our shift. Do not get crappy when we say "Sorry, I am not on shift right now, but ______ will gladly assist you"

* do NOT hand back items of clothing to the change room assistant when it is CLEAR that there is a mountain of sale items from Mothers' Day that have just arrived from the Service Desk. It is rude, lazy, and shows how bad your memory is.

* Kindly report drink spillages, sick up, baby food explosions, etc. IMMEDIATELY. And if it is sick up, and your child is the culprit, be so kind as to offer to clean it up yourself.

* Don't have a whinge when the scanner terminals around the store are not working. And chances are, if the scanner is not working, neither will the "help" button.

* Don't be so lazy and ask us at the change rooms if we can ring Sound and Vision to ask if they have a certian CD in stock. Walk down there yourself and open your eyes.

You can see why I quit earlier in the year.... all of these come from real life experiences. These days I'm in Records Management - no direct dealings with customers!! :D

Last edited:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
If I'm not in uniform and quite obviously in the middle of counting a whole heap of stuff for stocktake, please don't ask me to get up and help you find a top that you saw three weeks ago in the catalogue because I really don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)