• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't think you're smarter than me.

I will own you.
Lol, very true.
Whoever made the rule that "The customer is always right" was obviously a customer, because they're always wrong.

greekgun

HSC
If ur ganna shop at a supermarket, make sure u smell decent - this lady came to my register and she had the fucking nastiest body odour ever, i couldnt even scan it was that bad because i had to cover my nose - i tried to be polite and ignore it but that stench was fucking overwhelming. But for the love of god, plz plz plz, and not just for us workers but for other customers too, put on some fucking deoderant or take a fucking shower.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
If ur ganna shop at a supermarket, make sure u smell decent - this lady came to my register and she had the fucking nastiest body odour ever, i couldnt even scan it was that bad because i had to cover my nose - i tried to be polite and ignore it but that stench was fucking overwhelming. But for the love of god, plz plz plz, and not just for us workers but for other customers too, put on some fucking deoderant or take a fucking shower.
Haha yeah I agree.

What about the ones that come in with the ciggarette stench. I had one guy that smelt so bad, I had to stand back in the corner, pretending I needed to be really close to the lotto machine lol

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
lol at customers trying to scam me.

I can see their call records, internet records, I can see how long they've talked for and how much they've uploaded and downloaded.

This is how my conversations go.

Customer : Hey Why did it cut me off i was only talking for 5 mins

Me : It says here you were talking for 20 minutes

Customer hangs up

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
lol at customers trying to scam me.

I can see their call records, internet records, I can see how long they've talked for and how much they've uploaded and downloaded.

This is how my conversations go.

Customer : Hey Why did it cut me off i was only talking for 5 mins

Me : It says here you were talking for 20 minutes

Customer hangs up
Lol, classic

Me: Hello ***** Chatswood newsagency, Christina speaking?
Lady: Oh hello, wow I'm Christina too!! Now can you tell me, which newsagents are you?
Me: ***** near the station
Lady: Oh right... well is the address *** ****** avenue?
Me: Yes, it is
Lady: Oh! So thats near the station! Cool I'll see you in around 43 minutes!!
Me: Ok... see you then

LOL 43 minutesssssssss

Scorch

HSC
Fast Food:

Learn freaking English. Seriously. Communicating poorly in a manner that butchers any proper pronounciation of the English language and then getting pissed off because I can't line up whatever the fuck you're saying with one of our menu items is the most annoying thing ever. I live in Blacktown and grew up in one of the most multicultural areas around, if I can't work out what you're saying, that's saying something.

USE VERBS. Don't shout nouns at me, please. It's rude.

If I have my hand outstretched to take your money, don't slam your money on the counter and make me pick it up. That's extremely rude and marks you out as a complete jackass.

If I tell you there's going to be an x minute wait on your food, you have the option of getting a refund or waiting. If you choose to wait, don't be a dick and roll your eyes and act like I just insulted you when you've already told me that you wanted to wait.

Once you've ordered, take your order. I'm even happy if I give you your order and you politely ask for something that you forgot, but when I give you your order and you randomly decide that you want another menu item, only for you to ask for another thing once I've given you your second order, you're just being a douche. Get the fuck out of my line.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Fast Food:

Learn freaking English. Seriously. Communicating poorly in a manner that butchers any proper pronounciation of the English language and then getting pissed off because I can't line up whatever the fuck you're saying with one of our menu items is the most annoying thing ever. I live in Blacktown and grew up in one of the most multicultural areas around, if I can't work out what you're saying, that's saying something.

If I have my hand outstretched to take your money, don't slam your money on the counter and make me pick it up. That's extremely rude and marks you out as a complete jackass.
So. Fucking. True.

Why do customers have to be so fucking dumb.

Lady: Yes, I would like this paper, and I'll get a bottle of water on the way out.
Me: Ok, thats $2 *gets money*
Lady: So... what, do I have to get the water myself? (The fucking fridge is self service over the other wall where every other fucking customer ever known to man has gotten their own drinks from)
Me: Oh, yes, it's self service
Lady *looks at me angrily*: Oh, yes, well then...

08er

HSC
lol some customers these days... especially the older ones

also agree on learning english

08er

HSC
if ur ganna shop at a supermarket, make sure u smell decent - this lady came to my register and she had the fucking nastiest body odour ever, i couldnt even scan it was that bad because i had to cover my nose - i tried to be polite and ignore it but that stench was fucking overwhelming. But for the love of god, plz plz plz, and not just for us workers but for other customers too, put on some fucking deoderant or take a fucking shower.
lol

08er

HSC
Fucking buy the right item the first time, don't come back a week later and want an exchange, then come back and exchange the one you just exchanged for because it was the wrong one.
Don't talk about me to the other staff member who knows I'm right, and you're fucking wrong you dumb shit of a customer.

Don't ask for "Dunny Blews" Or "Winny Gooold"

Please speak English properly.
Girl: Can i have a greey weekly?
Me: Sure. *gets grey weekly* Thats $32
Girl: No, not greey, greey!! *says same thing twice*
Me: WHAT?
Girl: Oh, sorry, dis one, dis one! *Pulls out GREEN FUCKING WEEKLY*
Me: So you wanted Green?
Girl: Yes, greey.

hahah thats funny

Scorch

HSC
OH! And if you want some tomato sauce or little satchets of sauce with your meal, that's fine. But if I give you your meal, and you, having mentioned sauce in NO PART OF THE ORDERING PROCESS AT ALL then ask me "Did you put my sauce in here?" and I have to reply "No, you didn't ask for any, what sauce would you like?" I'm going to [a] be a bitch and make you pay the extra 50 cents like I officially should for it and imagine your face bursting into flames while I get your sauce. If you don't even ask and just say "Sauce?" and look at me quizically, I'm genuinely going to charge you twice what I would have for the first scenario.

Stop being dicks, customers.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
! ! !
my old woolies store was in the country, and so farmers came from everywhere to do the months shopping and watves. This one woman, who got the unfortunate nick name of 'cow shit woman', used to smell SO BAD. she wore no shoes, the same clothes every time, and smelt unbelievably rancidly of cow manure. I'd come downstairs off break and sstop suddenly, sniffing, and you could smell her in the shop, even if she was aisles away. The smell would linger even after she left. Worst part was handing over her cash, with hands COVERED in dried, crusty, cow shit. urgh. I used to discreetly put the notes to the side and then wash them in disinfectant after she left, to save the spread of mad cow disease among my customers.

Her kids were also very obese and very very filthy. You had to constantly breath out your nose whilst serving.

Like, seriously, its not that hard to just wash your hands after you've finished milking the cows. I'm unsure if she has ever taken a shower.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
! ! !
my old woolies store was in the country, and so farmers came from everywhere to do the months shopping and watves. This one woman, who got the unfortunate nick name of 'cow shit woman', used to smell SO BAD. she wore no shoes, the same clothes every time, and smelt unbelievably rancidly of cow manure. I'd come downstairs off break and sstop suddenly, sniffing, and you could smell her in the shop, even if she was aisles away. The smell would linger even after she left. Worst part was handing over her cash, with hands COVERED in dried, crusty, cow shit. urgh. I used to discreetly put the notes to the side and then wash them in disinfectant after she left, to save the spread of mad cow disease among my customers.

Her kids were also very obese and very very filthy. You had to constantly breath out your nose whilst serving.

Like, seriously, its not that hard to just wash your hands after you've finished milking the cows. I'm unsure if she has ever taken a shower.
Seems like a grand old lady :)

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Lady: Can I have a red weekly ten? (wtf)
Me: Which one, sorry?
Lady: Oh, a red ten, thats a weekly
Me: No, its either a red weekly or a red travel ten...
Lady: Umm, a weekly
Me: Sure?
Lady: Umm, yes I am sure... wait... yes a weekly
Me: A RED WEEKLY? (I have to get it right ok we can't refund bus tickets)
Lady: Yes, yes red weekly

*BUYS RED WEEKLY*

*Ten minutes later*

Lady: I wanted a travel ten.

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE

++ she bought it on EFTPOS!!!!!!!! Caused a lot of shit with the card machine

HSC
Omg I hate customers who are like that GRRR...LISTEN TO WHAT WE SAY. IT IS NOT OUR FAULT IF YOU MAKE A RETARDED DECISION

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Omg I hate customers who are like that GRRR...LISTEN TO WHAT WE SAY. IT IS NOT OUR FAULT IF YOU MAKE A RETARDED DECISION
She almost cried when we said we couldn't take the ticket back.

Thing was, in her wallet, in the slot next to her bank card, was the fucking RED TRAVEL TEN.

didn't she think it was weird with the price difference and all?
red TT: $33.60c
red weekly: $38.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)