Rock Music! (1 Viewer)

wanton-wonton

HSC
slip said:
just listen to what you enjoy because you enjoy it, and let other people listen to what they enjoy (hopefully they enjoy the music, not the image that comes with it)
Enjoy and appreciate are different things. Regardless, I agree with your post.

HSC
dotto said:
Simple Plan are what I like to call Emo-punk

Emo-Punk Song Template:
Life sucks when nothing goes right
Like when my parents won't give me my pocket money
And my girlfriend just dumped me
For a man with a bigger pee-pee
So I found a guitar with one guitar string
And I strummed it repeatedly
And I whined, whined, WHINNNEEED

Now I'm played all over the radio
Every 12 year old girl wants me
And with more money than a country full of starving children
I could pull any chick I want
But I'm still not happy
Becuase I remember how my girlfriend dumped me
For a man with a bigger pee-pee
couldn't of said it any better myself.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
oskarthestudent said:
No - hes offline. I think we have a winner.

Jerks
you know what? no one likes you.
You know why? cos you're a judgemental, useless fuck and you ovbiously like to make yourself feel better by randomly and pointlessly insulting other people on the internet.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
The Best Rock Group Goes To...

Unwritten Law... closely followed by The Used and My Chemical Romance... in the rear are Bright Eyes

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
hahahahaha yeah sure you do.
I'd love to stay and debate that pointless remark, but since im tooo poor to have the net at home and the libarys closing I have to run.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I couldnt be bothered reading everything. But those bands you mentioned...Good Charlotte? Blink? LP?

Mainstream PUNK!!! and in LP's case, somewhat rock

Punk is evil....emo shit like Simple Plan is the worst exaple.

Im all for rock...but REAL rock ie Pantera, NIN etc.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
What IS rock??

wanton-wonton said:
NIN should not be classified as 'rock'.
industrial...and while this may be true in a sense, neither should good charlotte or blink 182. This is just one opinion

but seriously...the genre 'rock' is used too broadly. Tere are too many different types of 'rock'. Maybe i will pose this question "What defines rock for you" (by that i mean everyone.

slip

HSC
oh god, this is going to become worse then one of those "what is punk" arguements.

anyways ill say that i define rock fairly broadly as your basic guitar, bass, drum, sing combo.

i know that technically this is wrong, but thats what i mean when i say rock.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
First debates over what's emo, and now rock? There are so many definitions of rock, and so many different kinds! It is such a universal term, please don't try to define what rock is.

slip

HSC
im actually quite sick of people complaining about bands like simpleplan....

you only ever have to listen to them if you choose to watch video hits (and you can choose not to) or listen to a shit radio station (switch to jjj, its got no adds, the presenters are actually funny, more australian music, and just better music)

if you dont like them get the fuck over it and dont listen to them.

its not like simpleplan is playing in every single club, like the kinda music i hate (gangster rap) is in every club in newcastle.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
What I don't understand is why all these teeny boppers never give rock and metal a chance. I mean we have to listne to their crappy shit but they won't take the time out to listen to what we like. Most of them are so ignorant. We hear them say "Most of those guys do drugs" well let me tell you, they probably buy the drugs from your fave rapper friends.

I wouldn't give linkin park a chance though. As soon as they did that shit with jay z I refuse to listen to them again.

People are always going to be around saying rock is dead but when is that ear splitting pop crap gonna die????

The only thing i truly loved was grunge but that died a long time ago - as depressing as it was it was cool.

And just what is so wrong about singing how crap your life is? if you actually take notice kyoto, what the nymber one theme for pop songs - breakup, would you take me back, my loife is so bad without you themes and for rap it's all about the drug money or the shooting or about how you took someone's girl. so basically most music sings about the crappiness of life.

One last comment, what really passes for rock these days. Apparently triple m plays ashley simpson - and god no she is not rock ,don't care what people say - Pretty much anyone who can play a guitar can call themselves a rock act. There should be screening of these wannarockers cos they piss me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)