Results back but no Papers? (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
This is a joke. I don't mean to be all down in the dumps, but REALLY. If we don't get our papers back, how in the world are we supposed to know what our marks were in each section?

I heard from teachers, that the Board doesn't even give you a simple breakdown of how well you did in each section. Even ELLA gave a breakdown.

Getting our test papers back will allow us to compare our results with our peers and gives us the opportunity to improve by seeing which questions we did well/bad at.

The Board of Studies is violating a basic Freedom of Information. Just because they can't be bothered to give back our papers doesn't mean we don't have a right to them.

HSC
akrinis said:
This is a joke. I don't mean to be all down in the dumps, but REALLY. If we don't get our papers back, how in the world are we supposed to know what our marks were in each section?

I heard from teachers, that the Board doesn't even give you a simple breakdown of how well you did in each section.

Getting our test papers back will allow us to compare our results with our peers and gives us the opportunity to improve by seeing which questions we did well/bad at.

The Board of Studies is violating a basic Freedom of Information. Just because they can't be bothered to give back our papers doesn't mean we don't have a right to them.
i dont really think the freedom of information law applies there haha

but i wouldnt mind having a simple breakdown too..

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
akrinis said:

I heard from teachers, that the Board doesn't even give you a simple breakdown of how well you did in each section.

geez, chill out bro! its only the school certificate that shit dont matter.

if you still want an assesment of your weak areas, just do some trial papers and have someone look at those.

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
akrinis said:

geez, chill out bro! its only the school certificate that shit dont matter.

if you still want an assesment of your weak areas, just do some trial papers and have someone look at those.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I sort of agree. I mean, I'd like to get my paper back to compare and know which questions I got wrong, but I don't really think it violates freedom of information, or that it'd help me improve or anything ==

savio23q

Band
HSC
Cant you get your papers back for a fee or something? I've heard about that somewhere.

melli-girl

HSC
Hmmm I kinda agree with you. It would be good to see the papers, but on the other hand, it is only School Cert, and I guess it doesn't really matter =]

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
savio23g said:
Cant you get your papers back for a fee or something? I've heard about that somewhere.
Yes, you can. Someone here did it last year, and got their HSC papers back, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it with SC papers, too. You can get them by filling out an FOI (Freedom of Information) form, and paying the fee that the BOS charges to have your papers sent back.

Though I don't know why you'd want your papers back...

Last edited:

akrinis

HSC
SH33P said:
lol yr 10 noob

i just finished the hsc today and i dont give a shat about where "i can improve"!
Do you really have to KNOCK me?

Look, I'm just curious about my marks okay. There was no need for you to cut me down. Once I know my marks the papers don't really concern me anymore.

Cardea

HSC
squeenie said:
Yes, you can. Someone here did it last year, and got their HSC papers back, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it with SC papers, too. You can get them by filling out an FOI (Freedom of Information) form, and paying the fee that the BOS charges to have your papers sent back.

Though I don't know why you'd want your papers back...
That must seriously be a joke. I'm not saying that I want my papers back, although that's certainly something I'm curious about too, but to actually have to fill a form and pay a fee for our papers back?? That's just.. plain silly.

And I do see your point, akrinis. We may as well have not done it. I do think a breakdown will give you at least a small indication of where you need to work more on, say source work or.. I don't know. They wouldn't be completely pointless..

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
I personally NEVER want to see that paper again.

I hate looking back on exam papers, I just look at the mark and then chuck the paper in the bin. But that's me.

I can see where your coming from though, and if you really want to see how you went in each section request to get it back....

Cardea

HSC
I don't like looking back on them too, actually.. I always cringe at my mistakes. I still keep the paper though =D

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
DALiE. (: said:
I personally NEVER want to see that paper again.

I hate looking back on exam papers, I just look at the mark and then chuck the paper in the bin. But that's me.

I can see where your coming from though, and if you really want to see how you went in each section request to get it back....
Exactly, there is no way I would ever buy back my SC or HSC papers, especially after writing an apology to whoever has to mark geography instead of a response to the 15 mark question...

Yiqun

HSC
Board of Studies cant give them back

They will be hit too hard. Like every student will appeal about why they got this and that and why some1 else got better when they basically wrote the same thing. Too much pressure.

sleepdebt

HSC
good point...there's a lot of whingers out there.
still, papers back would be nice. I can live with a breakdown though.
If there's no breakdown, I'd be a bit annoyed.
and they send it to the schools, don't they?
not to our addresses...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)