Failed as in both the aforementioned.
English Standard = 48%
Gen. Maths = 24%
Economics = 43%
Biology = 52%
IPT = 54%
SOR 2 = 34%
But I got Superb prelim marks. I just got lazy D:
Some potential there son. Nah, but seriously these marks won't count. Just absolutely give your all for the HSC, and really you can achieve whatever ATAR your looking for. GL mate.

Last edited:

SpreadTheWord

HSC
hi! If I were you I would do as many languages as I could. They are fun and the more you do the easier they get (although continuers courses are more fun than extension courses as the literature can take your focus off the actual language learning.) Do whatever your school offers and then Open Highschool - there's beginners levels for like 10 different languages.

I don't know why more people don't use this opportunity. If I could do it all over again all my subjects would be languages. People PAY to learn them later in life when you can do them now FOR FREE. If not for any other reason, it makes economical sense. Also, the small class numbers make it practically like you're getting private tutoring lessons. People who just throw away this chance are crazy in my opinion, unless they really hate languages or they absolutely love their other subjects (maths, science, history, economics, whatever). In my experience all those other classes tend to have huge numbers and are never really as fun or personal (I did maths and science then quit because they were so boring).

This is just what I find to be the case. Don't be intimidated just do it for fun! =)
errrrgh, you obviously have not done French. It is sooo boring, and sooo tedious. And also, what use are certain languages, unless you want to be an interpretor (albeit a bit narrow minded of me) or actually live in that country.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
errrrgh, you obviously have not done French. It is sooo boring, and sooo tedious. And also, what use are certain languages, unless you want to be an interpretor (albeit a bit narrow minded of me) or actually live in that country.
Not necessarily. Sometimes a language can help distinguish you when applying for things like law firms (particularly for international-based ones like Norton Rose or Allen & Overy).

Et la francaise - c'est manifique! Je parle un peu, maintenant.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Not necessarily. Sometimes a language can help distinguish you when applying for things like law firms (particularly for international-based ones like Norton Rose or Allen & Overy).

Et la francaise - c'est manifique! Je parle un peu, maintenant.
Would learning 'Chinese' benefit my career path for the future (Im going to preferably do commerce and law).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Would learning 'Chinese' benefit my career path for the future (Im going to preferably do commerce and law).
I guess.

But you can pick up languages at a later stage. I hopefully want to move to HK after a few years in SYdney, so I need to learn Chinese myself as well. But it's not something I want to worry about yet - since I want to stay in Sydney.

yours

HSC
errrgh, i obviously have done French. And Extension. Not sure why you find it boring and tedious. God forbid you learn about another culture.

HSC
errrgh, i obviously have done French. And Extension. Not sure why you find it boring and tedious. God forbid you learn about another culture.
10 years of french and french culture including exchange... worst decision of my life (hence me dropping it :awesome: )

dionb2014

HSC
you probably should of posted when you burnt out so then you could come to the forum for inspiration. No point dwelling on the past though hey

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
You don't have to do hsc for over two years. You could find tafes that offer course for one year intensive. Also, you could do certain subjects again and need not to repeat all five. For example: you did well in three subjects this year and failed for two, you could just repeat two subjects or pick a different two. Your atar would be calculated with the five subjects (three subjects from previous years and two from the current year)

Like the others, I wouldn't really recommend you to repeat the hsc course again unless you have a specific course you want to get into and only accepts high ATAR marks. Most courses I know of have alternative entries such as doing an alternative course than apply for the course you want to do. And addition, the alternative course you did would also be credited and most courses prefer students who have done relevant studies and did well in them.

I do know of people who have repeated the HSC. Some didn't bother trying last year and came back and still didn't try. Epic fail. Others came back simply they tried but failed, repeated the course, and ace every subject.

I can't speak on your behalf but why don't you try harder for the final exams? You note that you are 'lazy' so you know your potential and what you could achieve if you bother to try.

pixelzz

HSC
i havent read the other posts but try going tafe for a year? then transfer to uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)