• No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I think that is the crappest excuse in the world and any guy who does that should grow some balls and act like a man.

I mean it depends on the situation and all relationships are different etc.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
NosaJ said:
thats the thing though. i can hack it but she can't. so i think it might be unfair to her if i ask for too much of her time. but on the other hand if i suggest a break i might cause more stress..
Yes! Dont suggest a break. Dont demand a break. Nothing. If she wants one she'll ask.

Oh I meant any guy who uses hsc/trials as an excuse to break up or even have a break is lame

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
like jebbie said, just be a man and work around it.. if she wants a break for the hsc then she will suggest it

NosaJ

HSC
jebbie said:
Yes! Dont suggest a break. Dont demand a break. Nothing. If she wants one she'll ask.

Oh I meant any guy who uses hsc/trials as an excuse to break up or even have a break is lame
i dont want to trust me, but on the other hand i can't stand being apart if it seems like we might not have to.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
NosaJ said:
i dont want to trust me, but on the other hand i can't stand being apart if it seems like we might not have to.
It's all about how good you are at controlling yourself, and how well you understand each other.

A girlfriend/boyfriend who demands all your attention during your exams is not worth being with. Neither is one which picks fights frequently.

If everything is going fine in your relationship, breaking up for the mere sake of the HSC is really stupid. Do you really believe they'll wait for you? Feelings change with time. If you make a decision to break up, you might end up doing worse because you forced yourself into something you don't want. You'll end up missing each other, and regretting the break-up, for sure.

My boyfriend is in uni, and helps me with school work whenever he can. He gave me most of his HSC textbooks. He understands what I'm going through as he has already been through it. We have been together since the end of year 10, and our relationship has not lowered my grades at all. If anything, it has helped me.

NosaJ

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
It's all about how good you are at controlling yourself, and how well you understand each other.

A girlfriend/boyfriend who demands all your attention during your exams is not worth being with. Neither is one which picks fights frequently.

If everything is going fine in your relationship, breaking up for the mere sake of the HSC is really stupid. Do you really believe they'll wait for you? Feelings change with time. If you make a decision to break up, you might end up doing worse because you forced yourself into something you don't want. You'll end up missing each other, and regretting the break-up, for sure.

My boyfriend is in uni, and helps me with school work whenever he can. He gave me most of his HSC textbooks. He understands what I'm going through as he has already been through it. We have been together since the end of year 10, and our relationship has not lowered my grades at all. If anything, it has helped me.
Thats why im worried about being too pushy. i'm not after complete attention, just a little or at least a clear sign of what we should do. if either of us suggests a break then im not stressing about not seeing her or misinterpreting everything. this is a relationship i don't wanna screw up.
thanks btw.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
NosaJ said:
this is a relationship i don't wanna screw up.
Then don't throw it away.

Talk to your girlfriend. If she's in the same grade as you, she should definitely understand. If not, make it clear to her how important the HSC is, and that you need as much support as she can give during the next couple of months. If the both of you feel it's easier to take a break, take it - but be warned that there's no guarantee you'll get back together and resume from where you left off.

Good luck. :)

NosaJ

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Then don't throw it away.

Talk to your girlfriend. If she's in the same grade as you, she should definitely understand. If not, make it clear to her how important the HSC is, and that you need as much support as she can give during the next couple of months. If the both of you feel it's easier to take a break, take it - but be warned that there's no guarantee you'll get back together and resume from where you left off.

Good luck. :)
This isn't about me its about her. I dont have a problem with my exams or anything i just don't want to appear selfish by asking too much of her. We're in the same grade at the same school.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
NosaJ said:
do u guys think its reasonable for couples to split for their exams or should they both try and work around it? i need advice
geez. if you can't the HSC without dropping other commitments there is no way you can have a social life in uni, coz each semester >= HSC.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
NosaJ said:
This isn't about me its about her. I dont have a problem with my exams or anything i just don't want to appear selfish by asking too much of her. We're in the same grade at the same school.
Well, then there isn't a problem. Since you value your relationship, and you know what is needed during exams, give her all the support you think she would need. You are not appearing selfish by staying with her. In fact, you will stir things up a lot if you break up with her. She might not believe that it's for her benefit. Your good intentions could be interpreted as an excuse.

Breaking up with her would also hurt her. When you're hurt, it's usually harder to concentrate on anything else.

NosaJ

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Well, then there isn't a problem. Since you value your relationship, and you know what is needed during exams, give her all the support you think she would need. You are not appearing selfish by staying with her. In fact, you will stir things up a lot if you break up with her. She might not believe that it's for her benefit. Your good intentions could be interpreted as an excuse.

Breaking up with her would also hurt her. When you're hurt, it's usually harder to concentrate on anything else.
thanks heaps. should i talk to her about this or just leave it be and give her some space?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
NosaJ said:
thanks heaps. should i talk to her about this or just leave it be and give her some space?
It wouldn't hurt to talk to her. Tell her that you'll be there whenever she needs you, and that you'll give her space when she needs it. She'll be happy to know that you understand. :) Don't "give her space" without saying anything. She'll think you're being distant. Just let her know that she's got someone who'll support her through the HSC.

NosaJ

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
It wouldn't hurt to talk to her. Tell her that you'll be there whenever she needs you, and that you'll give her space when she needs it. She'll be happy to know that you understand. :) Don't "give her space" without saying anything. She'll think you're being distant. Just let her know that she's got someone who'll support her through the HSC.
but i think shes giving herself space without saying anything. we were talking about trials last night and itold her how i felt and she said i need to 'let her go from my mind'. does that mean shes already done the same?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
NosaJ said:
but i think shes giving herself space without saying anything. we were talking about trials last night and itold her how i felt and she said i need to 'let her go from my mind'. does that mean shes already done the same?
LOL, hey, that's nothing to be worried about. When you're revising, you're not supposed to be thinking about anything else. She's simply telling you to concentrate while you're studying. There's always time to talk, or spend together - but when you're studying, make sure you're not distracted.

She's not distancing herself from you. She's only caring about your studies. :)

NosaJ

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
LOL, hey, that's nothing to be worried about. When you're revising, you're not supposed to be thinking about anything else. She's simply telling you to concentrate while you're studying. There's always time to talk, or spend together - but when you're studying, make sure you're not distracted.

She's not distancing herself from you. She's only caring about your studies. :)
Cool. so all up i need a big slap in the head and a beer for being silly and stressing? its so hard when we both have different priorities. Well actually i have none, i just like being around her.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
NosaJ said:
Cool. so all up i need a big slap in the head and a beer for being silly and stressing? its so hard when we both have different priorities. Well actually i have none, i just like being around her.
Well, yes. :D

You also need to think about your exams too!

NosaJ

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Well, yes. :D

You also need to think about your exams too!
nah i ace my subjects. except for maths and english which im doing now ^_^
thanks so much, u deserve a six pack. or a case. depending on how much money i find.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)