Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 399 20.8%

• Total voters

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
breaking up for your hsc or trials is really not worth it
if you love the person enough, you wouldnt be breaking up with them over those things anyway, you would try and work around it.

seriously, its the crappest excuse to end a relationship.

NosaJ

HSC
White Angel said:
yea i just started my trials as well... and i'm not seeing my honey for like two weeks...XDD

i was so scared that he doesn't really care about me and all... but he said he really just doesn't want me to fail my own trials...

so maybe that's the same thing with ur gf..^^ like she doesn't want u to fail ur hsc as well... sho0o u two have to keep it low for a while... just think about three weeks later... =]]]
but its three weeks!!!! how will i survive....

HSC
look you guys all know that its not really about exams, if you're gunna break up with them you're gunna break up with them and exams are a convenient excuse. Nobody HAS to break up becuase of trials/exams whatever, its just an excuse that people use when they're sick of you - everyone knows that! its not so much that its a poor excuse, because maybe its kinder then the truth; but i'd personally rather be told that the real reasons however harsh. my boy and i are doing just fine; cos we're real about it.. if you dont get time that week, you dont get time. MOVE ON.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
ella_fitzgerald said:
look you guys all know that its not really about exams, if you're gunna break up with them you're gunna break up with them and exams are a convenient excuse. Nobody HAS to break up becuase of trials/exams whatever, its just an excuse that people use when they're sick of you - everyone knows that! its not so much that its a poor excuse, because maybe its kinder then the truth; but i'd personally rather be told that the real reasons however harsh. my boy and i are doing just fine; cos we're real about it.. if you dont get time that week, you dont get time. MOVE ON.
*raises hand* I disagree!

You're underestimating the pressure exams can put on some individuals. There are some that want to cut contact with basically everyone who distracts them for as much as a minute per day.

Truthfully, relationships are distracting. Once you get the hang of it, you'll start taking control, balancing boy with books (lame...) and so on. :rolleyes: When I first started going out with my boyfriend, I got distracted big time and didn't do well enough in maths to get into extension II. After a year or so we've learnt to give each other study space, and I'm doing fine now.

However, it's not a good idea to find a new boy/girlfriend during year 12. The novelty of the relationship will drag you away from your assessments kicking and screaming all the while with a big grin on your face.

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

You're underestimating the pressure exams can put on some individuals. There are some that want to cut contact with basically everyone who distracts them for as much as a minute per day.
yes i see your point but if you wait wait a second you'll understand those people dont have to BREAKUP. they can ask for space, or ask for time, but they dont have to dump them totally! those people who want to cut out everyone should talk to their partner about it and not just go.. "hey, its over." some people are distracted by flowers, does that mean they're not going to go outside?
i think honestly, too many people use exams/HSC as an excuse, and a very very bad one, for it to have much credit left at all. If you're distracted by someone thats nice, and its ok to want to cut them out, but if you like them too you're not gunna end it totally because clearly you'll still want to be with them later on.

NosaJ

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

Truthfully, relationships are distracting. Once you get the hang of it, you'll start taking control, balancing boy with books (lame...) and so on. :rolleyes: When I first started going out with my boyfriend, I got distracted big time and didn't do well enough in maths to get into extension II. After a year or so we've learnt to give each other study space, and I'm doing fine now.

However, it's not a good idea to find a new boy/girlfriend during year 12. The novelty of the relationship will drag you away from your assessments kicking and screaming all the while with a big grin on your face.
exacterly!
the only reason i'm sitting her asking these seemingly pointless and obvious questions is that i can't handle my gf treating my like she doesn't even know who i am, and doesn't see the problem with simply pushing me to the side.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
I probably have lost alot of marks from seeing my boy too much through year 12 and right now im regreting it in some ways. I told him i can only really see him the night after my exam if i don't have another in the next two days or on friday nights. I feel bad when i give him crap sometimes, like when i get stressed i snap at him alot! we've talked about it abit though. I also heard the best reliever of stress is a hug from your bf/gf etc.

NosaJ

HSC
ella_fitzgerald said:
If you're distracted by someone thats nice, and its ok to want to cut them out, but if you like them too you're not gunna end it totally because clearly you'll still want to be with them later on.
how about the other person? the one who is being cut out?
atm i'd rather not be in a relationship than be in a relationship and be ignored, only i know i still want to be with her. but am i gonna feel that way after three weeks of not seeing/talking to her?

NosaJ

HSC
Well heres an update.
its over.
and it wasn't my call either. apparently because she chose to cut me off her feelings have changed because we haven't seen each other in nearly a month.
thanks for all your support guys.

shortie_689

HSC
no do what i did keep him an dump him the day before your hsc pdhpe exam causes for a great sleepless night an him cause u a lot of hell

White Angel

HSC
NosaJ said:
Well heres an update.
its over.
and it wasn't my call either. apparently because she chose to cut me off her feelings have changed because we haven't seen each other in nearly a month.
OmG. i feeeeeel sho0o sad for u Jason... i think maybe all this exam stress has gotten to her a bit. like does she think she can study better if didn't see u anymore? because there's always the guilt of breaking up with you and recking ur own hsc...

i even have the feeling of breaking up with my own bf sometimes... like lately, that we haven't been on the phone and out and about. i feel as if i can live without him... and like maybe i don't need him. BUT once i actually see him... everything [all my feelings] just come rushing bk to me...^^

i hope u can get her back in time...=]]] HSC shouldn't ruien relationships!!!!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
NosaJ said:
Well heres an update.
its over.
aww i feel bad for you. i cant see i didnt see it happening. maybe you should talk about it with someone, friend or even family, i know chatting about your relationships with mummy doesnt sound like the cool thing to do but it does help.

so if you dont mnid be asking, how did she do it? what did she say exactly? did she give you some big talk about her reaons, and then get all emotional and then start crying so you felt even worse? did she mention studying or the HSC? or how because if her decisions to distance herself whilst studying caused the relationship to fall apart so its basically her fault?

really to me its sounds like she was very immature, i am sure you dont need that kind of emotional naivety in your life Jason. not to bad mouth her or any thing... iam just a stranger on the net so its not like a know the real situation. kinda sad what girls do to guys sometimes.

i hate it when girls think they know whats best for us and do what they think is in our best interests like " oh i cant go out with you even though i love you, because you should be studying" err no bitch, dont try and control my life and make decisions for me, i think i know myself better than anyone else and i know whats good for me, so dont ty and act in my best interests when it is actually acting against what i want.

jeez girls can be so frustrating sometimes.

gl in getting over her and in your trials Jason, i hope u do well

ZacG

HSC
Serius said:
aww i feel bad for you. i cant see i didnt see it happening. maybe you should talk about it with someone, friend or even family, i know chatting about your relationships with mummy doesnt sound like the cool thing to do but it does help.

so if you dont mnid be asking, how did she do it? what did she say exactly? did she give you some big talk about her reaons, and then get all emotional and then start crying so you felt even worse? did she mention studying or the HSC? or how because if her decisions to distance herself whilst studying caused the relationship to fall apart so its basically her fault?

really to me its sounds like she was very immature, i am sure you dont need that kind of emotional naivety in your life Jason. not to bad mouth her or any thing... iam just a stranger on the net so its not like a know the real situation. kinda sad what girls do to guys sometimes.

i hate it when girls think they know whats best for us and do what they think is in our best interests like " oh i cant go out with you even though i love you, because you should be studying" err no bitch, dont try and control my life and make decisions for me, i think i know myself better than anyone else and i know whats good for me, so dont ty and act in my best interests when it is actually acting against what i want.

jeez girls can be so frustrating sometimes.

gl in getting over her and in your trials Jason, i hope u do well
...WTF was that all about?

"err no bitch, dont try and control my life and make decisions for me, i think i know myself better than anyone else and i know whats good for me, so dont ty and act in my best interests when it is actually acting against what i want."

Take your pill, mate.

NosaJ

HSC
Serius said:
or how because if her decisions to distance herself whilst studying caused the relationship to fall apart so its basically her fault?
bingo

basically we were talking about since about a month ago when she started doing all this drama practice that we havent seen each other and even at school just smiling at each other in corridors. i made the point that because she was emotionally distancing herself from me, it seemed like we werent even friends any more. so basically because she chose to ignore me for a month she got used to ignoring me and her feelings changed.
i still don't know if its a permanent thing or just until shes less stressed but i don't think its helping either of us.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
my friend broke up, actually her bf broke it off with her last week during the trials

it is verrrrrrry weird, extremely weird, but lucky for her she only had one more exam. Pretty immature if you ask me (i dont care if you didnt). Esp as this guy did his hsc last year, so it doesnt effect him (i suppose though, he did break up with her, so it wouldnt anyway)

meh, stupid idea

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
FreakTrigger said:
For the love of god, you can have a few weeks apart without having to break up or reclaim your sexual freedom.
true, except this was permanent. not some month long break

mica

HSC
To Be In A Relationship Or Not ??????

hey i was wondering if people thought being in a relationship distracted them from there studies or if they thought it was good for their schooling ????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)