reckon ruse will come top again this year? (1 Viewer)

SPX

They aren't that good. It's just a big school with guys that study hard. I mean every school has the people who study reasonably hard and are pretty smart and score above say 90-95. It's just their school is full of these pretty smart guys. So it's like the top 10% in your grade all added up in their school. It's selective...what do you expect. The guys...all of them want to get high scores and that is the focus of the school. Meanwhile our own schools do so much more than be just fully study driven. We're in sports, debating etc...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
When we say Ruse will kick our arses I think we are referring to the people at Ruse not necessarily because of the way they are taught. We know they are naturally smart and would have got these brilliant marks had they been at another school. But we are saying the grade are psycho UAI machines not the school system

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Just a question -
"Why state the obvious?" ---> reckon ruse will come top again this year?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Originally posted by SPX
The guys...all of them want to get high scores and that is the focus of the school. Meanwhile our own schools do so much more than be just fully study driven. We're in sports, debating etc...
ppl from ruse arent all nerds. They are just a nice combo of natural intelligence and hard work. Everyone's school focuses on sports. I know alot of fit ruse ppl. They don't sit home and study all day, they have better time management. Debating? They kill at debating. *cough* Although my skool shouldve beaten them last yr *cough*, they're still bluddy good.

SPX

Look, they have a big Year 12 form, supposedly some of the best teachers and the basic mission of the school is to gain the best HSC results. Now that is their focus. This is not the focus of most other schools, and that is great. In sport are they really crash hot...I have never heard of James Ruse being famous or recognized for sport. I'll correct myself on the debating but again that is academic.
There will always we a school which is focused more on one thing than anything else. Obviously again and year after year they will get the hardest working, smarter year 7 students selected for future years. So I think this is really a "da" type of question. Of course they will top the state and should continue to with extensive tutoring hours and a combination of organisation and focus on study as the main category of their Y12 in particular life. They aren't all genius's but they are just a collection of hardworking people who are study driven and nothing more.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by SPX
they are just a collection of hardworking people who are study driven and nothing more.
Id be watching your over-generalisations before a Ruse kid comes here with a tractor and a grudge.......

spice girl

magic mirror
*sigh*

post a thread about ruse anyday, and the post count is guaranteed to go thru the roof

SPX

Don't make me laugh Y12...."with a tractor"...how about your over generalisations. Mate, I'm just saying people shouldn't think they are less a student that goes to James Ruse. We are equal in intelligence, it is just what is your goal and their's is predominantly in school to get high scores in the HSC.

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by SPX
We are equal in intelligence, it is just what is your goal and their's is predominantly in school to get high scores in the HSC.
wishful thinking! :rolleyes:

bobo123

HSC
im thinking SPX has all this pent up angst about ruse because he was rejected in year 6 :D j/k

seriously some of your earlier points are right
about them not too concentrating on sport in year 12 blah blah
but FUCK~! i bet heaps of people would kill for a place in ruse :D

muldersgun

HSC
sorry i wasn't actually being serious about the whole psychoanalogy stuff. I just read something about neitszche in SMH the other day and just wanted to work it into a conversation. :D

but seriously....isn't anyone else worried that this whole UAI thing has gone a bit too far? As long as you get into the course you want to (numbers wise only very few courses are actually over 99) then everything's good right? Some ppl who didn't even attend Uni are super successful when they get out into society.

As my deputy principal said a couple of days ago in a pep talk to my grade.

"The most successful student out of this school (NSGHS) didin't even finish her hsc, didn't even go to uni. She's the richest woman in Australia.... (She got a lot out of her divorce)...So don't panic."

person he was refering to : Nicole Kidman

So moral of the story for you gals out there. Marry a rich man....divorce him........live happily ever after! Oh and also make sure you can look pretty in front of a camera. :rolleyes:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
I don't think that it matters whether Ruse will come top again this year, but individual performance... i mean yes I can be jealous of the Ruse ppl because I was rejected from their school in year 6 (I got a Reserve 'C'), but I don't believe I can't beat any of them... We're all human - just because they may have better teachers, it doesn't mean jack if they don't take advantage... most of them do, most of them know what they're doing, so good on them. If more of us were like them - heck, let's not differentiate... if EVERY school pushed us to work harder, regardless of the school name, then we'd all do well. End of story.

PS: btw, I heard their median UAI estimate is 99.3 - I don't think any other school in the state is cocksure enough to rate their students that high.

muldersgun

HSC
i think that if every school pushed their students like Ruse you would end up with a very one sided education system (e.g. China/Hong Kong/Singapore).

Of course i'm grossly generalising but i believe society needs an assortment of schools to cater for all. It all depends on the individual. A person may get more out of TAFE then if they actually went to Uni.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)