• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Really Worried... bad marks.. (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

That's awesome Dreamerish*~, congrats.

You still have a chance monstar, this is only the beginning, improve on your marks in your other upcoming exams

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
pLuvia said:
That's awesome Dreamerish*~, congrats.

You still have a chance monstar, this is only the beginning, improve on your marks in your other upcoming exams
lol. go chemistry! (congra. dreamerish*~)
btw. welcome bak pLuvia.

vg_woz_here

HSC
omg dont let skool marks rule ur life!! there are other options to get to ur desired career...marks play a tiny portion of ur life....

P

pLuvia

mitsui said:
lol. go chemistry! (congra. dreamerish*~)
btw. welcome bak pLuvia.
hehe thanks mitsui. Chemistry how I despise my marks ;)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Monstar said:
Oh yeah.. tried to sending you a PM, but it says i need to turn it on ...?
Go to your User CP (link in the top left hand corner), then go to "Edit Options". Under "Private Messaging", you need to enable private messaging. :)

Nice to see you back, pLuvia, and top result, Dreamerish!. :D

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hey, welcome back, it's nice to see online again pLuvia! :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Monstar said:
Is it too late for me ? i've just completed term 4 exams (aka yr 12 term1 ) and the assessment tasks i've done have been miserable..

Advance english = 55% ( :( 10 % weighting)
Chemistry = 55% (10% weighting)
Adv Maths = 84%, 83%
Ext maths = 79 % 75%
Economics= 90% (15% weighting)
Business Studies = 74% (5% weighting )

Chemistry ranking is pretty bad.. so is the advanced english. Starting to get worried..

Do i still have a chance of getting 87 + ?
Dreamerish's middle name is chemistry.

Meanwhile, i can tutor you for English :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
karoooh said:
Whatever you do, don't go and get a tutor for English! All you have to do for English is listen and takes notes in class, memorise quotes and techniques etc. and get as much help that you need from your class teacher! It's just a waste of time to get a tutor for English when it's pretty easy! :p

Bookie - There's noting wrong with getting a tutor! :p Did you end up going to the cricket at all? :D
I think he needs to use his time wisely so a tutor will probably help if he feels that he needs more attention. For me, my tutor was there for me when I wanted my essays checked, and then when I made small changes I could just keep emailing them to her for her feedback. Whilst you could just do that with your teacher, it's a bit slower... and then with a tutor, you have more of her time and attention. Whilst taking notes and listening will definitely help you when it comes to writing essay, as the teachers said in my school- you can't afford to risk going into an english exam without a prepared essay. I don't mean to brag about my school, but I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Monstar said:
Hey dreamerish thanks for the offer, i'll be sure to keep that in mind.

So theres still a good chance for me getting a mark above 87 ?..

Oh yeah.. tried to sending you a PM, but it says i need to turn it on ...?
You have to turn the PM Messaging on first. :)

If you have any questions about tutoring you can ask me here.

Thanks Pluvia and Mitsui.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Go to User CP and look for a link that activates private messaging. It should be in there somewhere. Or otherwise look at the top right hand corner for info?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
User CP>Edit Options>Scroll down to "Messaging & Notification" and tick the "Enable Private Messaging" box. Finally scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Save Changes".

Done. :)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
You will be fine!! I keep remembering that i failed my first english assessment for yr 12 and had so much difficulty writing essays that i cried. I ended up with 86 for it in the hsc. I cant remember what i did now, but i just kept working at the essays, and after the trials i just studied so much. i would advise starting earlier though :D

I think my other subjects were always ok, but maths (ur maths is awesome btw :)) was a sore point for me...i wont say i did amazingly in the end, but considering where i started, i would say i did. You seem fine with maths, but all the same I bought 2 books, both with past papers from 2004 back to 1997 i think. and during the 3weeks before the hsc that is all i did...i sat for over 4 hours a day doing maths and my god it worked. I dont know if that would help for your other subjects, but you never know.

PS: Its true what they say about summary notes. Do them now and you will have them there when you need them for your midcourse and trial and hsc.

good luck, youll be fine :)

Catwalk

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
It also depends what you class as a 'bad result' although I think your English and chemistry need improving there is still another 2 terms of assessments\assignments and exams for that, almost everyone does bad in at least one assessment but it is those that learn from their mistakes and improve that get the better marks.

Don't study smart and work hard all your other subjects are good marks and I am sure you will improve on those that are lacking. Good luck in the HSC!.
hi :)

completely off topic, but what level of english do you do?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmm.

i completely bombed out 1 (maybe 2) english tasks. together they're worth 35% ..
Do you think that i can still get 85+ in Advanced english?

I like my teacher though, marks harshly. Not used to it at first [ was whinging, etc]; but now i am glad i swapped to this class. She doesn't go easy on the marking which will ensure me advancing in advanced english.

So if i get average in Advanced English, ( say 75 - 85 ) for my final english mark, is it still possible for me to obtain a UAI of 90+ ?

T_T.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
why are u bombing out subjects in yr 12, when you had all year in yr11 to do it?
just something to think about.... but yeh listen to the ppl that are motivating you to try harder next time, its bound to work after you've heard the same thing over and over again.....

good luck mate

cheers

Riviet

HSC
N/A
shinji / d3sp said:
hmm.

i completely bombed out 1 (maybe 2) english tasks. together they're worth 35% ..
Do you think that i can still get 85+ in Advanced english?

I like my teacher though, marks harshly. Not used to it at first [ was whinging, etc]; but now i am glad i swapped to this class. She doesn't go easy on the marking which will ensure me advancing in advanced english.

So if i get average in Advanced English, ( say 75 - 85 ) for my final english mark, is it still possible for me to obtain a UAI of 90+ ?

T_T.
If you do well in your other subjects, it should make up for your english mark.It is possible to get UAI's of like 98-99 with band 5 english, you just need to do really well in your other subjects.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Monstar said:
Is it too late for me ? i've just completed term 4 exams (aka yr 12 term1 ) and the assessment tasks i've done have been miserable..

Advance english = 55% ( :( 10 % weighting)
Chemistry = 55% (10% weighting)
Adv Maths = 84%, 83%
Ext maths = 79 % 75%
Economics= 90% (15% weighting)
Business Studies = 74% (5% weighting )

Chemistry ranking is pretty bad.. so is the advanced english. Starting to get worried..

Do i still have a chance of getting 87 + ?
How were your other rankings?
I think you need tutoring for english. Chemistry- just more practice and revision.

The subjects you do are quite good scalers. As i say to everybody who has failed or done poorly- forget the past and move on, there's always next time.

I havent started thinking about what uai i might be getting even though ive gotten my results for term 4 exams. Try to get 90+ in every exam in the future and you'll be fine.

Remember the trials!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)