• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Really Worried... bad marks.. (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
Is it too late for me ? i've just completed term 4 exams (aka yr 12 term1 ) and the assessment tasks i've done have been miserable..

Advance english = 55% ( :( 10 % weighting)
Chemistry = 55% (10% weighting)
Adv Maths = 84%, 83%
Ext maths = 79 % 75%
Economics= 90% (15% weighting)
Business Studies = 74% (5% weighting )

Chemistry ranking is pretty bad.. so is the advanced english. Starting to get worried..

Do i still have a chance of getting 87 + ?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
English can be improved if you get a tutor and just memorise the crap that he/she writes for you... that's how a lot of people study *sigh*.

Business may count over Chem in the end... but your economics mark is pretty good! Your Ext Maths will definitely pull you up (I was failing my maths 3u tests but in the end, it counted over my Business Studies 88%).

Monstar

HSC
Yeah that english task was dodgey though. All i know is that from this point on wards in the holidays im gonna start studying for chemistry alot harder.

Do you think getting a tutor will help me ?

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Hey,

You need to remember that what's done is done, and you can't change it. So, there's no point worrying about what you consider to be 'bad' marks. Personally, I think only one or two of those results are 'bad'. Also, everyone bombs out once in a while, so don't think that this is how you're going to keep going for the rest of the year.
It's definetly not too late. If you use your 'bad' results wisely, (learn from them), then you can put more effort into the rest of the year, because you now realise that you might not have been putting enough in.
So, don't stress, just acknowledge that you need to learn from the mistakes you've made.
You'll be fine if you don't give up. Giving up means you're already lost! So keep confident.
As for the past- admit it, quit it, forget it.
Good luck, and if you do your best you won't have any regrets :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
dont get a tutor. thats lamely asiain.

Mate, i think you should give up on the chemisty and drop it, and focus on your other subjects. I dont know what school you go to, but the rest of those marks are seem set for an 87+.

Plus, you got 55% in a 10% weighting exam. That means if you get fullmarks in the rest (high hopes :p), you'll end up with 95.5 for your internal. Not everythings bleak buddy.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Bookie said:
Plus, you got 55% in a 10% weighting exam. That means if you get fullmarks in the rest (high hopes :p), you'll end up with 95.5 for your internal. Not everythings bleak buddy.
Hmm..internal marks dont really matter, its actually what he ranks. Say he ranked 20th for chemistry...he will get the 20th highest hsc mark for his internal mark. I think you should get a tutor for chem

karoooh

HSC
Whatever you do, don't go and get a tutor for English! All you have to do for English is listen and takes notes in class, memorise quotes and techniques etc. and get as much help that you need from your class teacher! It's just a waste of time to get a tutor for English when it's pretty easy! :p

Bookie - There's noting wrong with getting a tutor! :p Did you end up going to the cricket at all? :D

Last edited:

karoooh

HSC
LOL

Who'd you root for?

GO! South Africa! :D

Oh and Monstar - If you want to, go get a Chem tutor, but make sure you're not paying a shitload of money for some institute that only spoon feeds the info... Private tutors tend to be better! :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Bookie said:
dont get a tutor. thats lamely asiain.

Mate, i think you should give up on the chemisty and drop it, and focus on your other subjects. I dont know what school you go to, but the rest of those marks are seem set for an 87+.

If I counted properly, he has 11 units and can't afford to drop Chemistry.

A good tutor would help - a lot. I owe half of my Chemistry marks to my tutor. If money is not a problem you should find one ASAP, or if you're short on cash, get one before exams for revision. I'm available for HSC Chemistry tutoring and I'm flexible, PM me if you're interested.

It's still early, so your chances of getting 87+ is very high if you're determined. Work on your weaknesses and don't be shy to bombard your teachers with questions. If they don't tell you where you're going wrong, ask them.

Good luck. :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
dreamerish said:
If I counted properly, he has 11 units and can't afford to drop Chemistry.

A good tutor would help - a lot. I owe half of my Chemistry marks to my tutor. If money is not a problem you should find one ASAP, or if you're short on cash, get one before exams for revision. I'm available for HSC Chemistry tutoring and I'm flexible, PM me if you're interested.

It's still early, so your chances of getting 87+ is very high if you're determined. Work on your weaknesses and don't be shy to bombard your teachers with questions. If they don't tell you where you're going wrong, ask them.

Good luck.
Yeh, i just read 6 subjects and i took it to mean 12 units. oh well.

what was your final uai?

karooh said:
LOL

Who'd you root for?

GO! South Africa!
Yep. its a real shame. stupid rain.

HSC
You would of only done most of POM by the end of term 4, there's still 75% of the course left in chemistry, trust me you have plenty of time left too improve your mark

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It also depends what you class as a 'bad result' although I think your English and chemistry need improving there is still another 2 terms of assessments\assignments and exams for that, almost everyone does bad in at least one assessment but it is those that learn from their mistakes and improve that get the better marks.

Don't study smart and work hard all your other subjects are good marks and I am sure you will improve on those that are lacking. Good luck in the HSC!.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
as long as you put in the effort and hardwork for every other assessment you be fine =) there not that bad IMO and also remember that your actual raw assessment mark doesn't actually make up your assessment mark !

Monstar

HSC
Hey dreamerish thanks for the offer, i'll be sure to keep that in mind.

So theres still a good chance for me getting a mark above 87 ?..

Oh yeah.. tried to sending you a PM, but it says i need to turn it on ...?

Last edited:

karoooh

HSC
Monstar said:
Hey dreamerish thanks for the offer, i'll be sure to keep that in mind.

So theres still a good chance for me getting a mark above 87 ?..

Oh yeah.. tried to sending you a PM, but it says i need to turn it on ...?
Of course you still have a chance! Just excel in your all your future assessments - It's now that's important!

It's true; what's done was done, you can't do anything about it, and the first assessment have a small weighting anyway! Just move one and try your best and succeed!

I think you can get more than 87 if you do really well once school starts again, so study now! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)