Race (1 Viewer)

meshy

Asquithian said:
2. An asian diet is very different to an African or Western diet...you are what you eat i suppose?
My point was that if diet had anything to do with determining body shape, asian bodies would be more similar to Africans (since an asian diet is more similar to an african diet, than it is to a western diet), but asian bodies are worlds apart compared to african bodies.

Asquithian said:
3. The point is that this research and they way that you expressed it could be VERY easily taken by racists and used as justification to discriminate. Be extremely careful with the way you express your results.
I agree.

Asquithian said:
4. Working out whether some girl has a smaller waistline or is more conservative because she is of a certain race doesnt really help with SARS
You're mixing 2 separate things. Conservatism as a racial trait is usually considered to make a more specific therapy plan (for psychiatrists and psychologists) not for SARS obviously! And about the smaller waistline, the general rule is that the smaller a person is, the more quickly a virus or disease will attack their body and spread, an example is the meningococcal disease.

Asquithian said:
5. i know ...do you mean cross racial or cultural...i have the feeling you are confusing the two...im cross racial but i wouldnt say im cross cultural...tomorrow i could decide to become conservative...i dont think it would be valid to say that my sidden decision would be genetic
I meant cross racial I guess, I just said cross cultural cos that's what they call it. So from what you've said (in previous posts) you're half asian half caucasian? But since you say you're not cross cultural, I think you identify more with the western culture. So if you were going into therapy for whatever reason, then cross cultural considerations wouldn't be relevant..

Asquithian said:
6. People can very easily misinterpret what a trait is. It is still in the engineering school that some professors dont think asian kids can innovate....see how 'norming' can confuse people...quota...eh um...that the very thing that the research that you are doing could be used to support!
But the difference is (if what you say about the engineering school is true - don't you do law anyway?), they're saying it without evidence of traits or norms (as far as I know). IF there was evidence that asians were poor innovators (but I doubt there'd be benefit to that research so it probably wouldn't go ahead), then so what? The professors should still consider everyone equally - if a someone misinterpreted a norm (and thought it somehow applied to everyone in the race!) then they're probably doing it to suit their own ends (since it's hardly a fair and open-minded approach), so wouldn't it be fair to assume they probably had some bias (possibly from their own subjective 1st hand experience) against asians already, and just looked for "evidence" to confirm it?

Asquithian said:
i think we can tell if someone needs to be spoken to in chinese without racially determining them...which is what you are doing...
No - the example given was to show that a western treatment won't necessarily benefit people with a non-western background.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
meshy said:
My point was that if diet had anything to do with determining body shape, asian bodies would be more similar to Africans (since an asian diet is more similar to an african diet, than it is to a western diet), but asian bodies are worlds apart compared to african bodies.

I agree.

You're mixing 2 separate things. Conservatism as a racial trait is usually considered to make a more specific therapy plan (for psychiatrists and psychologists) not for SARS obviously! And about the smaller waistline, the general rule is that the smaller a person is, the more quickly a virus or disease will attack their body and spread, an example is the meningococcal disease.

I meant cross racial I guess, I just said cross cultural cos that's what they call it. So from what you've said (in previous posts) you're half asian half caucasian? But since you say you're not cross cultural, I think you identify more with the western culture. So if you were going into therapy for whatever reason, then cross cultural considerations wouldn't be relevant..

But the difference is (if what you say about the engineering school is true - don't you do law anyway?), they're saying it without evidence of traits or norms (as far as I know). IF there was evidence that asians were poor innovators (but I doubt there'd be benefit to that research so it probably wouldn't go ahead), then so what? The professors should still consider everyone equally - if a someone misinterpreted a norm (and thought it somehow applied to everyone in the race!) then they're probably doing it to suit their own ends (since it's hardly a fair and open-minded approach), so wouldn't it be fair to assume they probably had some bias (possibly from their own subjective 1st hand experience) against asians already, and just looked for "evidence" to confirm it?

No - the example given was to show that a western treatment won't necessarily benefit people with a non-western background.
love how on this forum everyone talks like they're an expert on everything

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
berry580 said:
Narrowed minded people?
So people who don't find females with certain features attractive is 'narrow minded'. Then in that case, everyone is 'narrow minded.'
e.g Why don't people find female elephants (or dog, or pig, or your mum) attractive and then f--- her?
Because they aren't human beings (except your mother)
You're mother being attractive doesn't mean you have to f--- her

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
yes, well said minai. very educational stuff :p

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
hey fuckwit...read the context of what i was writing ...i was using it as an example of a baseless studpid assumption...
God, is the NSW Board of Studies really doing such a bad job? I hope this person doesn't represent the majority of the Australians..... :rolleyes:

Using it as an example of a baseless studpid assumption? (Well whatever)

Well all I did is reply to what I read, and since your's is the shortest, so I chose your one. You simply can't expect everyone to be bored enough to go through ALL the posts. And so I get insulted for that? :confused: Is it me or is it just you? :confused:

Btw, I've been insulted in this forum for more than thrice JUST in this week, and what's most amusing is they're all from the same thread simply because of I didn't nothing wrong. Is this the 'justice' that the politicians have been talking about for decades? :p (Although the Americans can 'morally' torture the captives in Guantanamo Bay and demolish civilian's houses to 'save the world' from weapons of mass destruction.)

Nick said:
love how on this forum everyone talks like they're an expert on everything
Really? Well I deny in being an expert over depleted uraniums..... :p

Minai said:
They're not human beings does not necessarily mean you can't f--- them (although wouldn't want to find out), but theoretically, you can.

What applies to non-human being in theory can be applied to human beings too as well are all animals in the end.
Yes, if your mum is attractive, it doesn't mean you have to f--- her, but once again, you theoretically can too. :)

NOTE: The above reply is only a suggestion on what options that's available, and is not a recommendation.
Berry580 and the Bored of Studies forum will take no legal responsibility for any personal loss (physical or mental) if you make a decision aftering reading the above reply.

Last edited:

MoNNiE

HSC
Any~ :p..
euro azns have my vote.. well most neway!
actually just ne mixed person!

J

jhakka

berry580 said:
jhakka *

- Not replying because I have nothing to say
* Not replying because its not nice to be degraded.
That's still a reply, fool.

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
the above is really funny to read...berry i have no idea what you are going on about...
Good on you for finiding it funny.

If you have no idea what I'm going on about, then you should start counting how many digit/s is your IQ.

1. Using it as am example of a baseless assumption in order to illustrate what meshy's ideas could allow people to do. If you had bothered to read the posts (they are around 100 to 500 words taking you somewhere between 10 seconds and 3 mins at the most) you would have not posted and made a total idiot of yourself
Wow, here comes the vulgar personal attacks again.
The point is, you can't expect everyone to read all the posts. If someone reads your whole reply but still won't be able to understand its whole meaning, then you should have a reform in how to post your relies (e.g Reply right under what quote you're refering to, like how meshy does).
..i dont care because its pretty clear to everyone here that you are pretty much an idiot
Based on what? Based on your high level of intelligence.

however I will try to outline what you are trying to say
a. i dont like you. I think you are really stupid

b. I recognise im an idiot. Now i understand that it was an example of a stupid assumption used to illustrate what the arguments of other can do. But instead im going to say 'well whatever' because i dont understand...

c. Im too stupid or lazy to read 200 to 400 word posts...I dont know how to read very well.

d.
It's called misinterpretation.
e.g If girl says she likes 'ice cream,' then can you just pull your dick out for her to suck, assuming the 'ice cream' she was on about is actually sperm?

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't.

I think it means we are insulting you...you think you are doing nothing wrong...this is probably because you dont read all our posts..AS YOU ADMITTED...and then launch into attacks on our posts....
WHAT?
You insult others because I didn't read all your posts before replying?!! :eek:
Launch attacks? Well no, I won't classify them as 'attack.'
Besides, it is your problem, not mine. You should of made yourself clear in the first place.
What you quoted was like a f---ing essay and you expect others to know exactly what you're refering to?

oh btw im pretty sure ive been insulted by you to.
Such as where?
If you can point out where, I can explain (morally, in terms of the non-American definition, or atleast with common sense (i.e Unlike-
Originally Posted by berry580
"I am NOT attracted to a certain group...but that doesnt mean that a certain group cannot be attractive to others."

well thats makes no difference...just means you are a racist...but other people are not?!?!?
).

e. you then you start talking about 'justice'and American pollies...um ...yeah ...right :\
You're wrong, I'm defining the modern meaning of the word- "moral." :uhhuh:

Last edited:

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
You absolutely make zero sense...that's why its funny...

As someone said earlier you don’t have a sound grasp of Grammar.

I honestly give up...you are dumbest person i have come across in this forum...your ability to reason and engage in an argument that has merit is astoundingly hopeless...i have not come acorss anyone who argued with such wholesale wackiness...its really astounding

i cant wait for you to get to uni :uhhuh: ...
I make no sense, and hence you can tell what I'm saying?
Asquithian said:
Today 08:11 AM
........you say i have a ......
As my signature have stated- If what is said offends you, then that is probably the truth.
So therefore I'm not offended.

The highly intelligent side about you is that, you make an assumption and then you make a conclusion.
It's ok, you've only forgotten to prove it. :rolleyes: (Or she couldn't.)
like just one point...you crap on about defininf morals...um...but no one was talking about morals?
In case you don't know, I'm a 'someone', not a 'no one.' :)
I talk about morals is because some people tends to insult others vulgarly because of their own problem.
vulger personal attacks ay ...you say i have a low iq = Hypocrite
Really? I said you have a low IQ?
Well in fact, no I didn't. :)

Hypocrite? And so what? That is exactly what the world's current superpower's government are.
In fact, even the Howard government isn't much better.
that does not make sense gramatically or logically...
Does not make sense logically? WTF?!
Then maybe you have....... (Nah, I don't want to get banned for saying the truth.)

Thinking- *But even the Sydney Rail workers said the truth!*; *So that's why they got sacked.*

Conclusion- I'll stay with my initial decision, so I won't say the truth! :p ROFLMAO

Does this mean you cant read essays or more than one paragraph at once? honestly its not that hard to read 3 or 4 paragraphs in a row.
It means I don't want to.
(e.g If I asked Delta Goodrem, "Can I f--- you" and she said "no," does that mean she does not have the ability to f---?)

For god's sake, the longer I'm in this forum, the more I'd think those depleted uranium ain't that dense afterall (in comparison).

Im not dumbing down my replies just for you..
I know, its for your own sake.

J

jhakka

For Christ's sake, Berry, I thought students at my school were the epitome of ignorance until I met you.

Generally an essay would give more clarification than a two line response would.

"I was talking about something else, YOU'RE STUPID AND I DON'T LIKE YOU AND IF I REPLY I'M DEGRADING MYSELF AND BY THE WAY MY FINGER IS NOW ON THE SHIFT BUTTON" is not a valid reply and doesn't make you look any smarter. Get over yourself.

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
i cant be bothered relpying...ill just leave it up to everyone to read berry's posts...actually quite entertaining and a bit of a laugh
WOW!:eek:
You've made the knock out blow. Asquithian, I surrender. :uhhuh:

This should explain everything- The ultimate weapon to win a debate

Hey, guess how did Asquithian win this debate?

For Christ's sake, Berry, I thought students at my school were the epitome of ignorance until I met you.

Generally an essay would give more clarification than a two line response would.

"I was talking about something else, YOU'RE STUPID AND I DON'T LIKE YOU AND IF I REPLY I'M DEGRADING MYSELF AND BY THE WAY MY FINGER IS NOW ON THE SHIFT BUTTON" is not a valid reply and doesn't make you look any smarter. Get over yourself.
I have nothing to say to you, not that I can't think of anything, just that if I do, I'd probably hurt your feelings and risk being banned for saying the truth.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
hahaha you are so getting reps for that ^

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
\berry...everyone beat you in this argument about 2 pages ago...
You'd wish I wouldn't ask you to point out which post 2 pages ago had beat me, right? ;)
there is no point arguing with you. You cant event make Grammatical sense...you are not basically coherent...its like arguing with a chimp typing random stuff
I "can't" make grammatical sense? So what did I just do? :cool:
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit :)
Well accoording to Channel Seven's Today Tonight's statistics, "the lowest form of wit :) " is what the majority of Australian women love most of all about men.
who is banning you?
No one has banned me yet, but doesn't mean no one can ban me if something too factual appears within my post.
again you make no sense!
By the looks of the trend, even "1 + 1 = 2" wouldn't make much sense to you.
Lundy I don't think that's something we have to worry about

mack Berry should do us a favour and never reproduce.
Reinforcements?

Well, so you's know how to launch baseless personal attacks. Well it's not like you's can do much more by the looks of the trend within this thread.

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
berry580 said:
You'd wish I wouldn't ask you to point out which post 2 pages ago had beat me, right? ;)
I "can't" make grammatical sense? So what did I just do? :cool:
Well accoording to Channel Seven's Today Tonight's statistics, "the lowest form of wit :) " is what the majority of Australian women love most of all about men.
No one has banned me yet, but doesn't mean no one can ban me if something too factual appears within my post.
By the looks of the trend, even "1 + 1 = 2" wouldn't make much sense to you.
Reinforcements?

Well, so you's know how to launch baseless personal attacks. Well it's not like you's can do much more by the looks of the trend within this thread.
haven't you put us through enough of your mindless, non grammatically correct crap? Honestly where did you learn english...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Citing Today Tonight as a reliable source isn't going to win you any favours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)