Race (1 Viewer)

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
its immoral when you read your reasons...how bout keep an open mind...instead of closing it and saying 'im just not going to find this type of person hot' ...

you prejudge whether you are attracted to someone...doesnt quiet make sense...does it?
"its immoral when you read your reasons"- You argue ignorantly.

If I don't find a certain type of people "attractive," then I don't, ok?! Its not like there's a formula to follow inorder to find an "attractive" person.
(e.g I don't care if a chick is flat chested, so could I shout at guys who like big boobs or they shout at me?)

berry580

HSC
its immoral when you read your reasons"

Its immoral to read my reasons? And why? Because you're ignorant?
You know there's a point to give reasons.

"So you are suggesting that its just fine to prejudge a whole group of people as a group that you are simply not attracted to?
Incase you are so dense that you don't know, all I'm saying is I'm not attracted to a certain group, not that certain group 'cannot' be attractive. Does that sound 'better'?

ok then flat chested example...what if you said 'im just not attracted to girls who are flat chested'...its not much different to you delcaring a who group of people on the basis of race as unattractive
If that was what I said, then it mean they're unattractive to me, and the problem with that is..... ?

do you know what stereotyped prejudice is? Its a girl saying 'that guy is an asian...he MUST have a small penis...i remember the last asian guy i saw was only 5 inches hard...my last non asian bf was 7...i dont like asian boys...so girly and feminine'
Simply stupidity.
If you think all Asians are "girly and feminine," then think again. About that gential size issue, I don't know, but even if its true, I won't feel inferior.
But as I have said before, it depends on the person's actual appearance, not where she was from. And I simply don't know how can that be "racist," but for your example, its totally racist because you're generalising a race.

rather than her judging you as a person she has decided to judge you on the basis of racial sterotype...much like you have deciuded to do to a large group of people.

HOW CAN YOU PREJUDGE WHETHER YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO SOMEONE or a group of people? Makes no sense you havnt met them yet
If she's stupid enough to be someone like that, I have no problem and I won't be offended, and I won't feel inferior in anyway.

Last edited:

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Tuna said:
Which race are you attracted to?
1.Australian?
2.European?
3.Middle Eastern?
4.Asian
5.European?

I used to be attracted to Australians but I have to be true and stick with asians :uhhuh:
Middle Eastern and European *drools* Some galz are just so fyne its not farni :( damn hotties!

Tuna

HSC
N/A
nick1048 said:
Middle Eastern and European *drools* Some galz are just so fyne its not farni :( damn hotties!
cool! well it's your choice!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
berry580 said:
Well 'black' as in the color like that model is alright, I'm alright with tanned skin (to as dark as what most people would turn to if they're out in the sun for long period of time), but not as 'black' as eg Serena William (http://wimbledon.willhill.com/serena_williams_tb1.jpg) or worse.
I noticed this ages ago but only decided to point it out now.

Anyway, you know that not all black people look the same? The only thing they have in common is the shade of their skin (like how all us "whites" are different except that we have light skin). So by saying you find black people unattractive, you're saying you just find dark skin unattractive, right? because it would be just plain silly to generalise about black people all having a similar body shape, face shape, height, weight, nose, ears, personality....would it not?

meshy

Asquithian - I don't see what's so funny about berry saying "I don't find x race attractive. That doesn't mean they can't be attractive to others" - what's so funny? I'm sure most people (subconsciously maybe) think this way about some race or another.

Lundy - I think the point berry was trying to make is that beyonce is hardly a poster girl for african americans - they don't (generally) look like how she looks in photos and video clips. In one of those pics posted, she hardly looked like her background was even african, the photo was so airbrushed and lightened (pic is the 2nd one below), yet it's these images and video clips ppl see as what attractive african americans look like.

Of course it'd be folly to think some pin-up girl will look like the average girl from x race, but the example (beyonce) in those images, doesn't even really look african american (although she did in her earlier days - pic 1)

meshy

Lundy said:
Anyway, you know that not all black people look the same? The only thing they have in common is the shade of their skin (like how all us "whites" are different except that we have light skin). So by saying you find black people unattractive, you're saying you just find dark skin unattractive, right?

because it would be just plain silly to generalise about black people all having a similar body shape, face shape, height, weight, nose, ears, personality....would it not?
Why would that be silly? In most non-western races, people do have a general body shape, face shape, height, weight, nose etc (I'm willing to allow that personality is debatable since there IS a strong environmental influence too).

I don't know if you're joking or not Lundy.. of course there's individual differences, but most races do have a "norm", and most people conform to it.

Some races vary a lot more (e.g. western - since there's a high obesity rate and a large variation in height, the concept of a body norm has been thrown out the window), but say for example north east asians girls are generally lighter, shorter, and have a similar (not identical!) body shape - I'm just stating how things are. E.g. say you got a sample of 100 asian girls - 95 were under 60kg, and 5 were over - wouldn't that be a norm? i.e. standard across a race (I'm sure those figures aren't far off either - I know from my readings this week the average Japanese woman is 49.x kg, try finding some european or western race that would be similar - why can't you? Race is why).

Lundy, unless you're still under that impression that races are just different skin colours, it's pretty ignorant not to see that some races have similar (not identical) body shapes, face shapes, height, weight, nose whatever.

Btw, I've only used north asian girls as an example not cos I think they're any better than any race, but because it's simple to prove race things to ppl who haven't yet learnt about them by using a race distant to western..

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
berry580 said:
I don't know if I've won the argument or not, but if your definition of "everyone" is you and a few of your friends, then maybe the second half of your second sentence is somewhat correct.
I can say the word 'fuck', and I can type it too, happy now?
Regardless where or who they're raised with?
How about throw an English baby (or any race) in the jungle and let the wolves raise him/her up for 10 years and see if s/he can speak English and walk up straight.
you utterly disgust me.
i feel for those in your geographical proximity.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
berry580 said:
I'm alright with tanned skin (to as dark as what most people would turn to if they're out in the sun for long period of time), but not as 'black' as eg Serena William or worse.
i find that disgusting. "as black as serena williams OR WORSE"?

it doesn't matter that you're not referring to one particular race - you're still being racist.

i have no words.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
meshy said:
Why would that be silly? In most non-western races, people do have a general body shape, face shape, height, weight, nose etc (I'm willing to allow that personality is debatable since there IS a strong environmental influence too).

I don't know if you're joking or not Lundy.. of course there's individual differences, but most races do have a "norm", and most people conform to it.

Some races vary a lot more (e.g. western - since there's a high obesity rate and a large variation in height, the concept of a body norm has been thrown out the window), but say for example north east asians girls are generally lighter, shorter, and have a similar (not identical!) body shape - I'm just stating how things are. E.g. say you got a sample of 100 asian girls - 95 were under 60kg, and 5 were over - wouldn't that be a norm? i.e. standard across a race (I'm sure those figures aren't far off either - I know from my readings this week the average Japanese woman is 49.x kg, try finding some european or western race that would be similar - why can't you? Race is why).

Lundy, unless you're still under that impression that races are just different skin colours, it's pretty ignorant not to see that some races have similar (not identical) body shapes, face shapes, height, weight, nose whatever.

Btw, I've only used north asian girls as an example not cos I think they're any better than any race, but because it's simple to prove race things to ppl who haven't yet learnt about them by using a race distant to western..
Again, all I was saying is that one shouldn't make a sweeping generalisation like that ("I'll never be attracted to a black person" is apparently said with the assumption no black person, of all the black people in the world, has the desirable qualities in them to be deemed "attractive"). I understand there are similarities that a large percentage of a race may conform to, yet, as you pointed out there are still individual differences. Note "similar," not "identical."

Also note that I was finished with you ages ago.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
berry580 said:
What I said like- "You have a single digit IQ, etc etc" WEREN'T refering to any particular race.
If you would just quote the whole thing that I said then (including what I quote or was refering to then) and it'll be MUCH MUCH more clearer, or did you choose to not quote the whole thing inorder to mislead others deliberately and be a troll, just like how you said you are one yourself.

And thank for calling me an "idiot" because you made a mistake yourself (or because you're simply rude).

EDIT: Ok I found the quote now-

Is it clear now?
I WASN'T refering to any particular race!! And stop trolling like a pain in ..... (You can figure that out, if you really can't, then forget it)
do you even have a basic grasp of the english language? I mean like, at all?

berry580 said:
Well 'black' as in the color like that model is alright, I'm alright with tanned skin (to as dark as what most people would turn to if they're out in the sun for long period of time), but not as 'black' as eg Serena William (http://wimbledon.willhill.com/serena_williams_tb1.jpg) or worse.
fucking hell. words cannot describe the atrocity you should be subjected to.
wow some ground breaking research there...

Asquithian said:
1.You cant put everything on race...diet? western people have a very different diet compared to SEA Girls...?
Take SEA girl and put her into a western society and make her eat western food...well she will be pretty big eventually...

2. Sure its pretty well know that asian girls living in their original culture (environment) are smaller GENERALLY...what purpose does this research serve? Just because their is a correlation of results across a race or culture or people doesnt mean its genetic ...like eh? maybe it just means they eat the same food which means they live in the same ENVIRONMENT. Which happens to be different to western girls...put an asian girl in a western culture, make her eat western food she will get big pretty quickly...All this kind of research does is justift people and govrenment racially discriminating...GOOD WORK!

Also you racial categorisation does not take into account people who are not of pure 'race'

Also your 'research' can justify the views taken by an idiot and racist such as Berry...

do i have to do it again

i think the racial norm of an asian male is

physically weak

small penis (geeze lets call in the stats; average asian erect penis is 13.5cm ...non asian erect penis is around the 16 to 17cm mark...wow...small penii must be a racial trait with the asian male ) -

cant innovate

therefore i am justified in holding a prejudice towards him whenever i see one...
(CAN YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SOCIAL RAMIFICATIONS OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING) on your quest to 'norm' people

Congrats
what he said, only time I'll let a male argue on my behalf.

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
um errge?

lol

You are NOT attracted to a certain group...but that doesnt mean that a certain group cannot be attractive...

Um?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i must say thats a pretty funny statement
"I am NOT attracted to a certain group...but that doesnt mean that a certain group cannot be attractive to others."

Does that help? My pain in the ......

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Come to the unsw open day next year, I won't fuck you up, promise.

berry580

HSC
Lundy said:
I noticed this ages ago but only decided to point it out now.

Anyway, you know that not all black people look the same? The only thing they have in common is the shade of their skin (like how all us "whites" are different except that we have light skin). So by saying you find black people unattractive, you're saying you just find dark skin unattractive, right? because it would be just plain silly to generalise about black people all having a similar body shape, face shape, height, weight, nose, ears, personality....would it not?
"The only thing they have in common is the shade of their skin"

YES.

"So by saying you find black people unattractive, you're saying you just find dark skin unattractive, right?"

INDEED, and nothing particularly more.
i find that disgusting. "as black as serena williams OR WORSE"?

it doesn't matter that you're not referring to one particular race - you're still being racist.

i have no words.
fucking hell. words cannot describe the atrocity you should be subjected to.
Looks like if the Australian Defence Department wants some depleted uranium for anti tank shells, we probably have something even denser here (mean better ;) )
do you even have a basic grasp of the english language? I mean like, at all?
Well yes I do.
Btw, what has this got to do with what you've quoted? Or is you simply you have nothing constructive and/or factual to say?
well thats makes no difference...just means you are a racist...but other people are not?!?!?
I can pretty much including this quote in my second reply in this post, but I have more to add for this part.

Does that mean I have no right to feel which type of girl is attractive to me or not? Meaning it is 'racist' to not be able to be attracted to a certain group (NOT race)?

I don't know about how others feels, but personally, I feel like arguing with idiots. Everytime I reply, I'm like degrading myself (literally).

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess narrow-minded people are too hard to open up, Asqy

meshy

Asquithian said:
wow some ground breaking research there... :rolleyes:

1.You cant put everything on race...diet? western people have a very different diet compared to SEA Girls...?
Take SEA girl and put her into a western society and make her eat western food...well she will be pretty big eventually...
I made mention of body shape (not waist size), have you not noticed asian girls are generally smaller than say, western girls? Of course an asian girl may end up big if she eats western food etc, but will she suddenly grow taller etc? I don't think so :p Are you going to argue (as you did below) that food is somehow the cause of this? Africans have pretty good diets too that have a lot more similarity with an asian diet than western - how come africans are not similar to asians in terms of body (e.g. height). Not everything is easily explainable by "environment" asquithian (x race is like this cos they eat z food which causes x race to have this quality - it's a tad circular).

Asquithian said:
2. Sure its pretty well know that asian girls living in their original culture (environment) are smaller GENERALLY...what purpose does this research serve? Just because their is a correlation of results across a race or culture or people doesnt mean its genetic ...like eh? maybe it just means they eat the same food which means they live in the same ENVIRONMENT. Which happens to be different to western girls...put an asian girl in a western culture, make her eat western food she will get big pretty quickly...All this kind of research does is justift people and govrenment racially discriminating...GOOD WORK!
Have you ever considered the point to this research? It's usually so doctors know which diseases and disorders people of different origins suffer from (and some races differ in how diseases affect them). Imagine someone turned up at the GP with SARS symptoms a few years ago - the GP wouldn't have known what was going on.

Have a think WHY this research goes ahead, it's not to do with racially discriminating. The same medical fix doesn't help everyone (since we have different bodies and diets), hence medical solutions have to cater for different races, instead of imposing western fixes on say mediterranean and asian people who live here.

Asquithian said:
Also you racial categorisation does not take into account people who are not of pure 'race'
True - but cross-cultural studies are a relatively new thing Asquithian. The very fact that we're able to help (for example) asian people who live in Australia, who have a disease normally only found in asia, shows how this stuff can save lives. Mixed-race research will undoubtedly surface in the future, but remember cross-cultural research itself is relatively new.

Asquithian said:
Also your 'research' can justify the views taken by an idiot and racist such as Berry...
That's like saying lets not have laws because an idiotic PM could override them. Nearly any info can be twisted to support someone's views - that doesn't mean research (which can and does save live) should be suppressed.

Asquithian said:
do i have to do it again

i think the racial norm of an asian male is
physically weak
small penis (geeze lets call in the stats; average asian erect penis is 13.5cm ...non asian erect penis is around the 16 to 17cm mark...wow...small penii must be a racial trait with the asian male :rolleyes: ) -
cant innovate
therefore i am justified in holding a prejudice towards him whenever i see one...
(CAN YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SOCIAL RAMIFICATIONS OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING) on your quest to 'norm' people
Congrats
Based on the above, WHAT prejudice would you hold against him? Even if the above had lots of evidence for them (which I'm not sure they do - particularly the innovation "claim"), that doesn't mean every asian fits that mould, and as I said before - if someone was so quick to discriminate on something such as penis size, would you want to know them anyway?

You sound like an advocate of the quota system (e.g. a city has 1/3 blacks and 2/3 whites therefore if a company has x amount of positions then 1/3 should be given to the best black candidates and 2/3 should be given to the best white candidates). This would ensure racial equality, is it something you'd support?

The point of the research is to medically discriminate, so people of races can get a more specific, helpful treatment instead of a generalised western treatment (which may not be as effective as a treatment back home). It's like giving psychotherapy in english to someone who just came here from China and whose english isn't great yet - don't you think it'd be better to give the psychotherapy in Chinese?

berry580

HSC
Minai said:
I guess narrow-minded people are too hard to open up, Asqy
Narrowed minded people?
So people who don't find females with certain features attractive is 'narrow minded'. Then in that case, everyone is 'narrow minded.'
e.g Why don't people find female elephants (or dog, or pig, or your mum) attractive and then f--- her?

NOTE: Guess what? Someone might suggest I'm discriminating the animals (maybe mummy's too) next.... :uhhuh:

Asquithian said:
maybe you should make your judgments AFTER meeting the person rather than deeming a whole group of people as personally unattractive...by prejuding people BEFORE even meeting them created a very very very narrow view of the world...

above above above above...

BTW you are allowed to swear...you know 'fuck' ...it wont be censored
For a start they're atleast physically unattractive and that is it.
I might find some dark-skinned female special and a great friend if I meet one, but as far as I'm concerned currently, they're physically not attractive to me. Happy now?

About whether I type the whole word "fuck" or not, is it really such a great concern to anyone? I've been to manyy forums and one of them that I usually go to doesn't allow it so I'm now used to not type the whole thing. Its not like this forum encourages people to swear or anything, as far as I'm concerned, although I haven't really read this forum's rules, but I believe its probably pretty much common decency.

J

jhakka

berry580 said:
I don't know about how others feels, but personally, I feel like arguing with idiots. Everytime I reply, I'm like degrading myself (literally).
And yet you still do it? Nice one, genius.

berry580

HSC
Asquithian said:
1.Your response to my last question (no wait the rest of them) shows your are not on the same planet as me...:\

2. An asian diet is very different to an African or Western diet...you are what you eat i suppose?

3. The point is that this research and they way that you expressed it could be VERY easily taken by racists and used as justification to discriminate. Be extremely careful with the way you express your results.

4. Working out whether some girl has a smaller waistline or is more conservative because she is of a certain race doesnt really help with SARS

5. i know ...do you mean cross racial or cultural...i have the feeling you are confusing the two...im cross racial but i wouldnt say im cross cultural...tomorrow i could decide to become conservative...i dont think it would be valid to say that my sidden decision would be genetic

6. People can very easily misinterpret what a trait is. It is still in the engineering school that some professors dont think asian kids can innovate....see how 'norming' can confuse people...quota...eh um...that the very thing that the research that you are doing could be used to support!
1. -
2. It can be different, but if you live in Australia, then sooner or later you'll probably eat some burgers or fish & chip, etc. And what is the second part suppose to say?
3. -
4. What has SARS got to do with a women's waists? :eek:
5. -
6. Asians "can't" innovate? Does anyone want to count how many modern stuff that we ALL use today is modified from Asians inventions?
I tell you what? If it wasn't the Asians, those Americans would still be fighting with bows & arrows......

jhakka *

- Not replying because I have nothing to say
* Not replying because its not nice to be degraded.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)