Questions about subjects (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello, i was just wondering, when dropping a subject at the end of year 11, what are the advantages and disadvantages of dropping a subject.
Also, i would like the know the scaling of my subjects:
English Advanced
Mathematics Ext 1
Physics
Chemistry
Economics
Business Studies (the subject i plan to drop)

Lastly, I wish to know, how do they rank my UAI if I have 11 units for next year. To try to make my last question clearier, here is an example;
Lets assume that I do good in all my subjects. How do they cut off the extra 1 unit that would not be counted into my UAI

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.

beve

Jesus
HSC
well, if the subject you do worst in is a 2 unit subject, only one unit's worth of marks will be included in the calculation whereas if an extension is your worst it will just mean nothing altogether. although i believe theres something about MX2. lyonamu, come hither...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you drop a subject, it means less exams, less periods (therefore more free periods), and more time for studying (or social life, if you choose to have one in Yr 12).
And if I were to drop a subject off your list, it would definitely be Business.

bored of sc

HSC
Advantages of dropping a subject: more study time. More time to do other non-school related things.
Disadvantages of dropping a subject: less room for major mishaps (a large percentage of units will count towards UAI), greater workload, greater demands to do well in more subjects.

Personally, I am doing 11 units for the HSC too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)