private ( catholic ) vs. PUBLIC (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
ummm what school costs hundreds of thousands? Kings is the most expensive in NSW this year as far as I know, and thats around $30 000????
May i correct you, Kings starts at about $15 000 and goes to about $17 000

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
I think the larger figure was a figure published in the media that included full boarding for year 12 (of course we know how biased the media is on these topics!

emskii

i went to a catholic public school (does that work??) in yr 7 and 8 - st andrew's marayong - and then moved to a private catholic school in yr9 ... i liked my old school in some ways cos it had a much lower work load and i was like top of every class, and teachers jst didnt care as much if something was handed in a day late or wateva

Marie-Paule

ive only known catholic schooling but like when i go home in the afternoons the doonside high people give me n my friend crap call us minty wrappers and all lol although we do look like them heheh

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by (^o^)
SO, who goes to Cheltenham Girls High School or knows anything about it? If not how about Carlingford High?
ummm well my frend goes 2 carlingford n shes a lovely girl :D but i think she did say its chat n shed rather go 2 a private school...

ive bin 2 3 high skools now :eek: the 1st bein publc n my last 2 catholic...n i can safely say that no matter where u go, ur always gonna think ur skool is chat! but it is a plus goin 2 a private skool n actin like a snob wen u no that really ur skool is a shit hole :D

and can i just say damn u kings boys n joeys boys who dont go 2 chat skools!! lol... meh

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
omg how long is thread gonna go on for. who cares is what im thinking if u wanna go provate go private, if u want public go public, do what u wanna do but try not to pay out others

felafel

public schools all the way!

private schools have too much money to play around with - would know because ive been to two privos and two public...

Arell

HSC
N/A
yeh your right, we should pay out private school students.
i've moved from many different schools and honestly theres two things i've learnt. nsw is better then wa, although wa is easier to do.
for year 7 - part way through 11 i was in a catholic shcool, i was doing pretty well, until i moved to the public (my choice) and i'm not doing as good rank wise because im versing WAY smarter people. I'm learning much more, and the teachers actually care. I'm also not forced to do religion. the school that i left has since dropped one of its maths advanced to standard (which odesn't sound fair) and allot of students have left to go to other schools

Kuya

argue all you want. in the end it doesnt matter. the results show which schools are on top.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i go to a public, but i dont think it really matters what school u r at...if u r determined to go well in ur hsc then u will go well no matter what school u r at..!

Kuya

and in the end its really the student that makes the difference. if the student is willing to do their best and strive to achieve they will do well in either public or private. well where i live public schools are really gud so i dun know abt other places.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i changed from private catholic (CCCCC, pls dont ever go der, spread the wrd ....) to government (SMSHS) and the government public school has better teachers, better students, better atmosphere and better facilities ...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I went to a private catholic that was in between two publics. And we had the better reputation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)