• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preliminary PDHPE (1 Viewer)

shelbshoe

HSC
Hi guys! I'm starting year 11 this year and I chose PDHPE as one of my subjects. I was interested in what practical work there is involved? Or is it much more theory based?
I prefer the practical side a lot more, will there be fitness testing, camps, etc? What sort of prac activities do you get to do in year 11?

Thanks guys :)

michaeljennings

HSC
It varies from school to school. Some schools wont have practicals for Year 11 and 12, some will.

My school for example only had Practicals in Year 11

zeebobDD

HSC
our school: no practical at all for yr 11 and 12, but when you do some topics there will be some practical to do

Aysce

HSC
My school was very theory-based. If you wanted lots of practicals, you should've picked up SLR.

Hazballs

HSC
We did a few practicals.. In core 2 i think it was when you were talking about types of tests we did most of the tests however we didn't really do that many practicals..

gabboo3

HSC
N/A
sorry to break it to you but senior pdhpe in year 11 and 12 is all theory. especially at my school there is next to no practicals at all. its a proper subject not a bludge.

Hazballs

HSC
sorry to break it to you but senior pdhpe in year 11 and 12 is all theory. especially at my school there is next to no practicals at all. its a proper subject not a bludge.
Now that we've started year 12 i've done quiet a few practicals. However it's not like just going out and playing rugby or indoor soccer or anything like that, the prac is based off the theory we did in class. E.g. We we're doing lactic acid energy system so we did 3x 1 minute all out rows to show where lactic acid kicked in and some people vomited due to it which was pretty funny, but yeah..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)